01-16-2018, 03:54 PM   #89
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
It's very aggressive, but I want that on purpose at this point https://www.ebay.com/p/BMW-X5-F15-f8....c100005.m1851
Did you ever get this DuSh ? I've heard terror stories about that seller on ebay......
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 04:26 PM   #90
yewlock
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGT View Post
Did you ever get this DuSh ? I've heard terror stories about that seller on ebay......
Can you share the stories, please?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 04:28 PM   #91
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yewlock View Post
Can you share the stories, please?
Non delivery, damaged products. Plus, you can check their feedback on their ebay profile.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 05:04 PM   #92
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
I did get roof spoiler from that seller. No issues. Took about 3 weeks to get package from Russia, but it was just after Christmas and New Year holidays, so postal services were slow. I have no complains, except package was a bit dented in the center due to high holiday loads during transportation. That resulted in the small crack in fiberglass right in the middle, near one edge (spoiler was still intact, it was just a small crack along the sharp edge where 2 pieces of fiberglass join). The package is long and postal office service here in Arizona told me that's normal during holiday season, lots of heavy packages are thrown on each other and things like that happen sometimes. Not sellers fault - spoiler was wrapped in bubble wrap decently and in a prolong box, but imagine a heavy box with disk rotors thrown over that spoiler somewhere at customs or airport or any other location and it's no surprise that can happen. I think if it was in a hard box protected with foam like LCD TVs are shipped - then maybe it would have arrived without issues. I contacted seller, he apologized and offered a refund, but I declined since really like spoiler. I repaired it myself using $22 Autozone fiberglass repair kit - took me 30 min and in 2h it was dry and stronger than ever. Very easy
It comes primed ready for painting. I tried to wrap it myself in black CF but failed miserably. It turns out it's not as easy to wrap complex objects, especially when you are noob at this lol. Now I found a good shop that will simply paint it gloss black and I'm picking it up this Friday to mount it finally

Will post picks It does look very different than anything else and good thing is it looks better in person, not as aggressive as in image, but ties the rear end of x5 nicely! For me rear end was missing something, like it was a bit incomplete, stock spoiler was too small and subtle, needed just a bit more accent there and I think this is the right one

P.S. It's a normal seller, I can confirm, I communicated with him. He has his own shop where they make these body parts for different brands, not only BMW. You can always ask him to package spoiler with sterofoam to reduce the risk of any issues during shipping. He has 45 positive feedback reviews and 3 negative. Those 3 negative ones were due to buyers complaining about having to travel far to airport to pick up package. The thing is when you buy a hood - it's heavy and huge - they only deliver it to airport and you have to pick it up yourself, otherwise shipping costs will be VERY expensive (imagine shipping an x5 hood from Russia to USA). Yet buyers complain. Also one complain about price increase. IMHO these are all regular complains

Also, I bought it because unfortunately there's nothing on the market besides that stock subtle spoiler - so there's no other way - gotta pay to play if you want something other than what 99% of other x5 owners have on their roof

Last edited by DuSh; 01-16-2018 at 05:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 09:34 AM   #93
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
I did get roof spoiler from that seller. No issues. Took about 3 weeks to get package from Russia, but it was just after Christmas and New Year holidays, so postal services were slow. I have no complains, except package was a bit dented in the center due to high holiday loads during transportation. That resulted in the small crack in fiberglass right in the middle, near one edge (spoiler was still intact, it was just a small crack along the sharp edge where 2 pieces of fiberglass join). The package is long and postal office service here in Arizona told me that's normal during holiday season, lots of heavy packages are thrown on each other and things like that happen sometimes. Not sellers fault - spoiler was wrapped in bubble wrap decently and in a prolong box, but imagine a heavy box with disk rotors thrown over that spoiler somewhere at customs or airport or any other location and it's no surprise that can happen. I think if it was in a hard box protected with foam like LCD TVs are shipped - then maybe it would have arrived without issues. I contacted seller, he apologized and offered a refund, but I declined since really like spoiler. I repaired it myself using $22 Autozone fiberglass repair kit - took me 30 min and in 2h it was dry and stronger than ever. Very easy
It comes primed ready for painting. I tried to wrap it myself in black CF but failed miserably. It turns out it's not as easy to wrap complex objects, especially when you are noob at this lol. Now I found a good shop that will simply paint it gloss black and I'm picking it up this Friday to mount it finally

Will post picks It does look very different than anything else and good thing is it looks better in person, not as aggressive as in image, but ties the rear end of x5 nicely! For me rear end was missing something, like it was a bit incomplete, stock spoiler was too small and subtle, needed just a bit more accent there and I think this is the right one

P.S. It's a normal seller, I can confirm, I communicated with him. He has his own shop where they make these body parts for different brands, not only BMW. You can always ask him to package spoiler with sterofoam to reduce the risk of any issues during shipping. He has 45 positive feedback reviews and 3 negative. Those 3 negative ones were due to buyers complaining about having to travel far to airport to pick up package. The thing is when you buy a hood - it's heavy and huge - they only deliver it to airport and you have to pick it up yourself, otherwise shipping costs will be VERY expensive (imagine shipping an x5 hood from Russia to USA). Yet buyers complain. Also one complain about price increase. IMHO these are all regular complains

Also, I bought it because unfortunately there's nothing on the market besides that stock subtle spoiler - so there's no other way - gotta pay to play if you want something other than what 99% of other x5 owners have on their roof
Thanks for the reply man. Looking forward for your pics of that spoiler
Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50
      01-17-2018, 11:28 AM   #94
CeeTeeX5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35i M-Sport

Looking forward to the pics installed too. I've been looking for something to pick up the rear end of the X5. It looks droopy from some angles.

Found their website too. They have some pretty extreme body kits! http://rng-t.com/en/

Last edited by CeeTeeX5; 01-17-2018 at 11:34 AM..
Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50
      01-17-2018, 11:41 AM   #95
DuSh
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTeeX5 View Post
Looking forward to the pics installed too. I've been looking for something to pick up the rear end of the X5. It looks droopy from some angles.

Found their website too. They have some pretty extreme body kits! http://rng-t.com/en/
Yeah, as much as i like to try some wide body kits - their design is a bit too extreme. Besides price of shipping will be sky high. Spoiler is good enough for me to complete the looks (hopefully lol)
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 11:44 AM   #96
CeeTeeX5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35i M-Sport

Quote:
Yeah, as much as i like to try some wide body kits - their design is a bit too extreme. Besides price of shipping will be sky high. Spoiler is good enough for me to complete the looks (hopefully lol)
haha yah, I think some are a bit over the top. Although one of the F15 hoods I saw on ebay actually looks pretty cool and not too extreme.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 11:47 AM   #97
metalball
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive50i

sub'd!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 11:47 AM   #98
DuSh
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTeeX5 View Post
haha yah, I think some are a bit over the top. Although one of the F15 hoods I saw on ebay actually looks pretty cool and not too extreme.
Yeah, I was considering vented hood, but couldn't justify price. There's so much more to mod first
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 10:24 PM   #99
fromkrypton
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
I'm so tempted to get the oem front kit. Is it textured or smooth?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 10:38 PM   #100
DuSh
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromkrypton View Post
I'm so tempted to get the oem front kit. Is it textured or smooth?
It's something in between. It's smooth enough to be painted - basically comes ready for paint, but hard textured enough to be used alone like I do - I just left it black and so far it holds perfectly

My only regret is that I wanted rear diffuser too, but I ran out of money and it have to wait now (I spent mod money on rotors and rear roof spoiler). I just don't have enough money to do everything
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 10:58 AM   #101
fromkrypton
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Anyone want to be the cheap guy that tries this out? So tempted but I'm sure fittment will be super off
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50
      01-18-2018, 02:28 PM   #102
DuSh
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Anyone want to be the cheap guy that tries this out? So tempted but I'm sure fittment will be super off
Haha wow, finally they made a replica Not sure about fitment, but for that money it's a damn good deal!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 11:43 AM   #103
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Performance Aerokit installed

DuSh did you finally install your roof spoiler from Russia? Any pics yet?

In the mean time, I finally decided to sell a kidney and purchase the performance aerokit. Here some pics on my 30d Glacier Silver, I'm so happy with the change, no other F15 driver in my country has this kit yet, so my X5 is currently unique hehe
Attached Images

Last edited by AlexGT; 01-29-2018 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: typos
Appreciate 4
P111563.00
DuSh2113.50
Revie19103.00
      01-29-2018, 12:56 PM   #104
yewlock
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Anybody try this yet?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 03:28 PM   #105
fromkrypton
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Anyone have the instructions on installing the front lip? I'd be willing to buy the cheap eBay replica and give it a try if I had instructions
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 03:54 PM   #106
DuSh
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
DuSh did you finally install your roof spoiler from Russia? Any pics yet?

In the mean time, I finally decided to sell a kidney and purchase the performance aerokit. Here some pics on my 30d Glacier Silver, I'm so happy with the change, no other F15 driver in my country has this kit yet, so my X5 is currently unique hehe
Man that looks awesome!

P.S. I'm still waiting for roof spoiler to get painted this week. I promise I'll post pics
Appreciate 1
AlexGT419.50
      01-29-2018, 03:59 PM   #107
DuSh
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Anyone have the instructions on installing the front lip? I'd be willing to buy the cheap eBay replica and give it a try if I had instructions
There you go!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 01 29 2 364 725.pdf (647.0 KB, 877 views)
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 07:03 AM   #108
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Man that looks awesome!

P.S. I'm still waiting for roof spoiler to get painted this week. I promise I'll post pics
Thanks man!! I'm really happy with the look change. But now I need to be careful when parking at home as the spoiler makes the bumper a little bit more longer.

I'll be waiting for your roof spoiler pics
Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50
      01-30-2018, 04:15 PM   #109
fromkrypton
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Can you please clarify the removal processes? I think I'll order the replica soon and give it a go
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 11:29 AM   #110
Graham11
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 & 2020 X5 M50i

I bought my white 2017 X5 from the dealer with the Aero Kit already installed but I have not seen a single other X5 with factory installed aero kit. Is this super rare? I haven’t seen anyone else with these wheels either.

Sorry struggling to get pictures to upload. First time posting
Appreciate 0