milkyway
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 35d 15/X2 28i 18/MC Conv 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
But does your coasting counter work?
My 2015 35d (built 8/2014) doesn't have the 4th icon (the one below the highlighted/red checked one), what is it? Also, mine doesn't have Coasting word but the blue coasting icon, there is no coasting icon and miles at bottom, either.

Can you and anybody shed some light/thought on it?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 02:06 PM   #24
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkyway View Post
My 2015 35d (built 8/2014) doesn't have the 4th icon (the one below the highlighted/red checked one), what is it? Also, mine doesn't have Coasting word but the blue coasting icon, there is no coasting icon and miles at bottom, either.

Can you and anybody shed some light/thought on it?
It depends on whether the car was factory or user coded for coasting and which parameters are enabled.

For coasting, the image is more of a solid blue on vehicle with the word coasting. Additionally, there can be a counter below vehicle that tracks distance much like EcoPro does added distance.

For battery charging, a larger blue carbon-fiber pattern block will show.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 02:44 PM   #25
milkyway
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 35d 15/X2 28i 18/MC Conv 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
It depends on whether the car was factory or user coded for coasting and which parameters are enabled.

For coasting, the image is more of a solid blue on vehicle with the word coasting. Additionally, there can be a counter below vehicle that tracks distance much like EcoPro does added distance.

For battery charging, a larger blue carbon-fiber pattern block will show.
Looks like those additional have to be coded. I have not coded mine yet.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 05:38 PM   #26
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkyway View Post
Looks like those additional have to be coded. I have not coded mine yet.
I have seen them all enabled on F36's. I had to enable the counter on F15 and F10.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 04:50 AM   #27
Colomba
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 M4

Can it be coded to comfort mode?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 05:32 AM   #28
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
Also make sure you don't have the info display disabled in settings. I disabled mine since I don't really care if I'm charging the battery or using "power."
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 03:29 AM   #29
sssmokie
Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 2022 G05 M50i with DHP

Garage List
2022 BMW X5 M50i  [10.00]
2022 BMW X5 45e  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5 3.0D  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5 M50D  [8.66]
Just a quick update. I had the car sit for a week or so after i fixed the tyre and I am happy to report that coasting is now back to normal. I am pretty sure it was disabled due to the couple of warnings I had for flat tyre and it probably needed a few days to detect that there is no air going out anymore. Anyway, thanks to everyone who tried to help
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 11:25 AM   #30
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Coasting and Sports Mode can be disabled if there are tire pressure errors.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 11:52 AM   #31
taxjoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i & 2015 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssmokie View Post
Just a quick update. I had the car sit for a week or so after i fixed the tyre and I am happy to report that coasting is now back to normal. I am pretty sure it was disabled due to the couple of warnings I had for flat tyre and it probably needed a few days to detect that there is no air going out anymore. Anyway, thanks to everyone who tried to help
Sorry to resurrect this old thread (which I even posted to as well). It seems the coasting feature on my 2016 50i X5 stopped working just as sssmokie's did.

Earlier this month I had my check engine light come on and then the following day I had the dreaded drive train malfunction warning come on. I scheduled an appointment for service with my local BMW dealership. The next available appointment was the following week (which was late last week). Of course, prior to the appointment the check engine turned off as well as the drive train malfunction warning. The fault codes were still stored, however.

The dealer ran a diagnostic but found no problem (which still bothers me). I believe the dealer cleared the fault codes after they performed their analysis.

As I was driving my X5 home from the dealer, I found that the coasting feature stopped working. I double checked the eco pro configuration to ensure the coasting box was checked. It was.

I called the dealer who advised that the computer has to re-learn everything and that it will take a few days before the coasting feature will work. I find that hard to believe (but I acknowledge sssmokie's quoted post above that a few days later his/her coasting feature started working again).

Has anyone else experienced this problem and does anyone have comments on whether this "learning" period is true and, if so, why?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 11:48 AM   #32
taxjoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i & 2015 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxjoc View Post
I called the dealer who advised that the computer has to re-learn everything and that it will take a few days before the coasting feature will work. I find that hard to believe (but I acknowledge sssmokie's quoted post above that a few days later his/her coasting feature started working again).

Has anyone else experienced this problem and does anyone have comments on whether this "learning" period is true and, if so, why?
For anyone who is interested, it turns out that my dealer was correct. The coasting feature started working again about 14 days after I received it back from the dealership. So, there must be some truth to the "re-learning" of the computer. I still have a hard time believing it but the coasting feature did start working again.
Appreciate 0