BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-19-2017, 11:22 PM   #23
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Man, I should get them to reprogram my remote to do that. They reprogram the remote or the car?

My tailgate has taken on a lot of damage from inadvertently opening it from inside the house. My car is in the shop now and its being fixed from the last incident (not the main reason its there) and it'll cost me a cool $1200 to fix the scratches and dent in the gate. Great.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 03:17 PM   #24
MN2///M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: very fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edikam View Post
I had the same thing happened to me number of times. I had to go to BMW dealer to fix it. They will reprogram your remote, so you would need to push the open trunk twice. Please see the attachment TBS for fixing. Print it out and show it to your SA.Attachment 1592541
Thanks for this. The tailgate has opened one unbeknownst to me when parked in the garage, son came in through garage door and the door caught on liftgate; thankfully, no real damage to the garage door or to the X5.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 07:50 PM   #25
LoriS
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

X5 Tailgate Keeps Opening

The tailgate on my X5 keeps opening, while fob is a long distance away from the vehicle. I will be in a store, and come out and the tailgate will be wide open. This has happened multiple times. Electrical problem?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 08:33 PM   #26
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriS View Post
The tailgate on my X5 keeps opening, while fob is a long distance away from the vehicle. I will be in a store, and come out and the tailgate will be wide open. This has happened multiple times. Electrical problem?
This should takes care of it.
Attached Images

Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 08:39 PM   #27
RubyRube
Rep
Drives: '15 F16 X6 5.0

The dealership can re-program the remote. I believe my remote now needs 3 presses. I also wanted the panic button re-programmed but they would not do it for obvious reasons.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 08:15 AM   #28
monkiboy
Major
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: '17 x5 3.5i w/MPPK & MPE

everyone always jumps to the fact that it must have been pressed but often times that is not the case.

if you look across several platforms this is an ongoing issue (not because of accidental button press) for a few years on cars with comfort access and especially when trunk opening via foot kick is an option.

my 340 has this problem but the fob had to be in vicinity of the car. i would walk out of car, lock, and as i'm walking away trunk would pop open. but if you didn't hear it you'd walk away and never know.

had a bunch of "fixes" done by dealer, techs flew out from jersey, they were able to recreate several times in controlled conditions in their shop, and after the second tech was scheduled to fly out and they tried blaming it on everything but the kitchen sink, i said enough is enough and escalated to VP of dealer and *eventually* car was bought back by dealer.
      03-15-2018, 09:19 AM   #29
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkiboy View Post
everyone always jumps to the fact that it must have been pressed but often times that is not the case.

if you look across several platforms this is an ongoing issue (not because of accidental button press) for a few years on cars with comfort access and especially when trunk opening via foot kick is an option.

my 340 has this problem but the fob had to be in vicinity of the car. i would walk out of car, lock, and as i'm walking away trunk would pop open. but if you didn't hear it you'd walk away and never know.

had a bunch of "fixes" done by dealer, techs flew out from jersey, they were able to recreate several times in controlled conditions in their shop, and after the second tech was scheduled to fly out and they tried blaming it on everything but the kitchen sink, i said enough is enough and escalated to VP of dealer and *eventually* car was bought back by dealer.
I would say is the key.
All the car that I have with Comfort Access (2x F10, F06, F15, G30, i3) never had the trunk to pop open by itself.
I don't have key case or coded the trunk button function to act differently than what it comes from the factory.
I don't have any key ring or other keys tied together with my car key and I only put that key in my pants front pocket.
The only problem happened so far is with the i3 which is my wife's primary car. Sometime the alarm went off out of no where, and I have found out that is because she has other keys ringed together with the car key and everything is thrown together into her bag.

Your case probably is one of the kind though.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 04:35 PM   #30
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Was having lunch with the family the other day. We were sitting outside, and I could see the X5 parked on the street. I was halfway done with my sandwich, I look over at the X5, and the rear hatch was open.

Now, my son was sitting on my lap and the keys were in my pocket. So I'm thinking he sat on them, and that's why the rear hatch opened. Funny thing is, somehow the panic button is never pressed. It's always the rear hatch button.
Appreciate 2
deutsch1003741.00
r33_RGSport12803.00
      03-15-2018, 11:42 PM   #31
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Was having lunch with the family the other day. We were sitting outside, and I could see the X5 parked on the street. I was halfway done with my sandwich, I look over at the X5, and the rear hatch was open.

Now, my son was sitting on my lap and the keys were in my pocket. So I'm thinking he sat on them, and that's why the rear hatch opened. Funny thing is, somehow the panic button is never pressed. It's always the rear hatch button.
Panic button need longer press before it goes off. I believe it was 3-4 seconds.
Appreciate 0