BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #111
TurboAL47
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: M4 / X5

Garage List
Ordered on Oct. 15th. Already have VIN# so should be in before end of Nov.

X5 xDrive 35i
Msport
Space Grey
Black Dakota Leather
Aluminum Hexagonal Trim
Cold Weather Pkg
Driver Assist Pkg
Premium Pkg
Manual Shades
4-zone climate control
Harmon Kardon sound
Space Saver spare

'22 G82 M4 - Individual Marina Bay Blue 6MT | MBB G82 Ongoing Build Thread
'21 AW G05 X5 xDrive40i MSport

'15 SS/SO F82 - M4 - SOLD| Industry City Shoot
'08 AW E92 - 335xi - SOLD[/b] | Mods and Photoshoot

Last edited by TurboAL47; 10-24-2013 at 04:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #112
NYNOLE2
Rep
Drives: soon to be F15 x3.5D

BMW JunKie, I see you live in WA and ordered the summer 20" wheels in the lux line...me too!

What are you doing in the winter? 20" winter tires, or switching to 18 or 19 wheel tire package in the winter?

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Junkie View Post
We just placed our order on a Luxury Line, space gray X5! We are thrilled to no end, but the wait is going to be torture.

X5 xDrive35i
Luxury Line
Space Gray Metallic
Black Dakota Leather
Poplar wood trim
Sport leather steering wheel
20" Light alloy Y-Spoke wheels style 451-with performance
Cold Weather Package
Full LED Lights
Luxury Seating Package
Premium Package
Rear-view camera
Surround View
Rear manual side window shades
4-zone automatic climate control
3rd row seat + rear axle air suspension
Harman Kardon surround sound system
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #113
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Anyone ever hear of an order being submitted but no production order number nor 'build number' being assigned right away?

My order is supposedly in, but no production order number assigned yet. I thought the production order number was assigned right away once the order is submitted. I get that the build week isn't always assigned right away, but how can an order be submitted with no order number assigned?? How would they get back to the record in the system.....?

Am I reading this correctly that the only reason an order can be "in" but not have an order number is if my CA doesn't actually have an allocation yet? He said it would be assigned next week...

Edit: I just called BMW NA and they said it could take up to 2 weeks to get a production number assigned (still no clue if 'production number' and 'production order number' are the same thing, seem to be), but she had no idea whether that had anything to do with whether they have an allocation, just that it could take that long.

This was less stressful 15 years ago when all you had was the word of your salesman and no way to find any information on your own, just wait for the call that it's in

Last edited by chrisny; 10-24-2013 at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #114
Bug Rx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 x5 xdrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Anyone ever hear of an order being submitted but no production order number nor 'build number' being assigned right away?

My order is supposedly in, but no production order number assigned yet. I thought the production order number was assigned right away once the order is submitted. I get that the build week isn't always assigned right away, but how can an order be submitted with no order number assigned?? How would they get back to the record in the system.....?

Am I reading this correctly that the only reason an order can be "in" but not have an order number is if my CA doesn't actually have an allocation yet? He said it would be assigned next week...

Edit: I just called BMW NA and they said it could take up to 2 weeks to get a production number assigned (still no clue if 'production number' and 'production order number' are the same thing, seem to be), but she had no idea whether that had anything to do with whether they have an allocation, just that it could take that long.
Yes, you nailed it on the head. Same thing happened to me, being a new bmw purchaser. The dealer does not have any allocation spots to build your car. They will make you wait until their allocation comes in and they can actually put the order in. I got my order number 3-4 weeks after i actually placed the order. You will be waiting even longer for the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #115
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Quote:

I learned of my production order 3 weeks after order placed. Now the order could have been issued say a week after the order placement. I believe that it takes a week or so after the order for the production number. Build week was issued about 2 weeks before commencement of actual build date. Again, just guidelines. However recent orders appear to being quickly built.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #116
Bug Rx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Order number is given the day the order is placed from my understanding. If you don't get one, then the order was never actually placed with bmw because of allocation and the dealer is just bs'ing you. love these dealers! Lol
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #117
BMW Junkie
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335d, '03 325i

Garage List
2014 BMW X5 x35i  [0.00]
2003 325i  [0.00]
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNOLE2 View Post
BMW JunKie, I see you live in WA and ordered the summer 20" wheels in the lux line...me too!

What are you doing in the winter? 20" winter tires, or switching to 18 or 19 wheel tire package in the winter?

Thanks!!
We're not really sure yet. We'll get a winter setup if the conditions require, but Western WA generally has pretty mild winters (relative to New England). We only get snow to stick once or twice a year.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #118
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Rx View Post
Yes, you nailed it on the head. Same thing happened to me, being a new bmw purchaser. The dealer does not have any allocation spots to build your car. They will make you wait until their allocation comes in and they can actually put the order in. I got my order number 3-4 weeks after i actually placed the order. You will be waiting even longer for the car.
That's what I'm afraid of, I'm not sure they can even submit an order without an allocation. So either he's lying when he says it's "in," or it is possible the system takes until the order gets to "Order Accepted" status to generate the number. If that's the case, it is possible he can submit it and not have the number yet. On previous BMW's (this is my 5th order, 4th since everything could be tracked on-line), I don't remember not getting the production order number right away, but I could just be less patient this time

Edit: just looked back at some old emails from when we ordered our X3. In that case, and I think in every other car I've ordered except my 335, the salesman was able to modify an existing order, so maybe that's why they were able to give the production order number right away.. My 335 was a different animal, as that one they had to trade with another dealer to get the allocation in the first place, so I don't recall exactly how long it took to get the production order number from when he actually got the allocation and put the order in. That was also wrapped around Hurricane Sandy timeframe, so it got all screwed up.

So I guess he gets the benefit of the doubt for now. I need to take the X3 in to get something fixed anyway, so may pop in his office to get more details, maybe try and get a VIR, as if the order is truly in, I think he should be able to get me that regardless of the number being assigned.

Last edited by chrisny; 10-24-2013 at 08:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #119
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

^ VIR. Good idea, pop your head in and ask to see his online VIR to confirm that your order is correct, then ask for a copy. Prod # is on the VIR.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #120
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona View Post
^ VIR. Good idea, pop your head in and ask to see his online VIR to confirm that your order is correct, then ask for a copy. Prod # is on the VIR.
Exactly. My thinking/understanding is at least the following:

1. can't order a car with no allocation.
2. IF the order number isn't assigned right away, they must be able to retrieve it by the allocation or some other number

So, if he truly has submitted the order, he has got to have a way to show it to me (VIR). He usually sends me the order sheet to confirm the options and said he was going to a couple days ago when he was supposed to put the order in (but never confirmed until today that it was in..). He has yet to send me that sheet, so my skepticism grows......
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #121
jdfw75
Rep
Drives: 2008 E70 X5 Sport

Ordered today

Folks -

I need any/all opinions on this - I placed my order today for a X50 M-sport with 20in wheels. The dealer got me into the deal by promising $3k of his dealer "tax rebate" cash into the deal as he would have "off lease, tax refunds from BMW finance" to apply if my car is delivered within 2013. That is in addition to the $1k loyalty credit. At the end of our conversation he also said that Spartanburg (BMW Manufacturing Corp.)was putting a 30 day delay on any X5 requesting 20in wheels due to a supplier issue. In effect, with an early December manufacturing slot, the delay may push me beyond 2013 and my promised - but not guaranteed - "tax rebate" may not be available.

Has anyone heard of a supplier delay that is bumping the build dates of all 20" wheel - equipped 2014 X5's off by 30 days?

Secondly, has anyone ever been given the details behind a "tax funds" release that is credited to the dealerships at the end of the year for vehicles that came off lease in the previous year?

If the dealer is selling a manufacturing date that he doesn't have, and a tax credit that may or may not be real, having a sudden "30 day delay" for 20in wheels would seem to solve both issues...for him, but not for me!

Any info is appreciated -
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #122
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i M Sport

Quote:
He has yet to send me that sheet, so my skepticism grows......
This isn't what you want to hear, but I think your suspicion is right. It sounds like your order is "in" meaning your dealer has it, but I don't think it has been assigned to an actual dealer allocation.

When my CA called me and told me that he had their first configurable production slot for the 35i, I gave him my colors, options, etc. and he gave me a BMW Build Sheet (VIR) and production number that same day (probably within the hour).

I would ask your dealer point blank if they have any available December production slots. If not, you may be looking at January production and February delivery.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #123
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
This isn't what you want to hear, but I think your suspicion is right. It sounds like your order is "in" meaning your dealer has it, but I don't think it has been assigned to an actual dealer allocation.

When my CA called me and told me that he had their first configurable production slot for the 35i, I gave him my colors, options, etc. and he gave me a BMW Build Sheet (VIR) and production number that same day (probably within the hour).

I would ask your dealer point blank if they have any available December production slots. If not, you may be looking at January production and February delivery.
He's been pretty flakey lately, so not sending the sheet doesn't necessarily mean anything. I plan to go there tomorrow to ask for it. If he can't produce it , I'll know the order isn't 'in' anywhere.....
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #124
raptor700
Rep
Drives: 2014 x5 m sport pk

Order

I place my order on October 1 have my pd # but no production date yet
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #125
Bug Rx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor700 View Post
You and me both Raptor!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #126
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor700
When did you get the production order number?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #127
Bug Rx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I placed my order beginning of September and didnt get order number until October 4th. The dealer was waiting for an allocation slot.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #128
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Rx
I placed my order beginning of September and didnt get order number until October 4th. The dealer was waiting for an allocation slot.
I'm not sure if anyone really had many (any?) allocations in September, so your wait probably makes more sense, given the launch. Could also mean they're still hard to come by and my CA could've been blowing smoke when he said they were getting allocations this week. Or he could have sat on my order too long and lost them by the time he went to put my order in.

Hopefully I get there tomorrow and he shows me a VIR. If not, I start to look elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 05:44 AM   #129
raptor700
Rep
Drives: 2014 x5 m sport pk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor700
When did you get the production order number?
From my dealer
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #130
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

So the allocations were gone due to a waiting list, order was not even in the order bank yet. Sales manager put it in for me today and says they're getting new allocations 1st week of November, probably 11/3 (first full week). He thinks, but obviously couldn't guarantee, that it would be a November build and arrive by the end of November.

In any event, the order is:

xDrive35i M sport
Mineral White / Terra leather / aluminum hexagon trim
High gloss roof rails
Premium package
Rear comfort seats
Rear window shades
Rear view camera
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #131
Kloten
Rep
Drives: BMW 530 Audi S5

Did anyone take delivery of xDrive35i MSport with 20"s in the US?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #132
AresM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloten View Post
Did anyone take delivery of xDrive35i MSport with 20"s in the US?
I don't know if anyone has picked one up, but they have one at my dealer in NC.

Check out this post from apw2607. That one has the 20s
Appreciate 0