10-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #155
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsblackmon View Post
Any thoughts on what the new lease specials might entail?
Honestly, I don't have high hopes for much change on the F15 since it's a new model and the program is already pretty good, much better than a new launch usually has. But I wouldn't turn down a $1000 holiday credit .

The question is whether they'll offer a holiday credit on the F15, and keep the rest the same or close to the same.. Chances are, they'll offer the holiday credit but take away or lower the loyalty credit, or lower residual, etc.. I ordered my 335 this time last year and when the holiday credits came around, I did save some money overall, but they lowered the residual to offset some of the credit. Then, by the time the car came in (January), the holiday credit expired but they raised the residual... so I still ended up saving a couple bucks beyond even the credit.

With the obscene numbers they're trying to hit before year-end, I do think we'll get some sort of improvement in November and December, even on the F15. But that's just my guess.... Sales manager I spoke to seems to think programs will be very aggressive in November, but he wouldn't wager a guess as to whether that will include the F15.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #156
Stormin
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
2 weeks seems like a long time to get it from SC to Boston but an 11/10 build week for a car just ordered is encouraging.
Dealer said that delivery the last week of November is a possibility but Thanksgiving may delay that. I have a production number which I think is the same as an order number.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #157
Bug Rx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 x5 xdrive50i

Update:

My car has entered production today, with and estimated completion date of 11-7-13! Can't wait! Lol
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #158
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin
Quote:
2 weeks seems like a long time to get it from SC to Boston but an 11/10 build week for a car just ordered is encouraging.
Dealer said that delivery the last week of November is a possibility but Thanksgiving may delay that. I have a production number which I think is the same as an order number.
Yes, production number = production order number.

I forgot about thanksgiving being in the middle of your timeline. That makes more sense now...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #159
Bug Rx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Rx View Post
Update:

My car has entered production today, with and estimated completion date of 11-7-13! Can't wait! Lol
Further info:

Order was placed on 10-4-13. I did not get production week, and phone number says same message, scheduled for production with no date. Spoke with representative and they told me production actually started today! So, it just went into production without change in message. Make sure you talk to customer service every time you call in!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #160
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Rx
Quote:
Update:

Further info:

Order was placed on 10-4-13. I did not get production week, and phone number says same message, scheduled for production with no date. Spoke with representative and they told me production actually started today! So, it just went into production without change in message. Make sure you talk to customer service every time you call in!
Congrats!!

Not surprised about the lack of update. It's like they put the whole customer tracking system in place just to give us something to obsess over, it's often out-of-date and probably causes more confusion, more harm than good. Cool to be able to track your through the process, but it's execution could be better.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #161
Bug Rx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Congrats!!

Not surprised about the lack of update. It's like they put the whole customer tracking system in place just to give us something to obsess over, it's often out-of-date and probably causes more confusion, more harm than good. Cool to be able to track your through the process, but it's execution could be better.
Thanks!

The tracking system is a joke! Lol

Just hope my info gives people some better ideas of time frames!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #162
ybd2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Quote:
Further info:

Congratulations! And thanks for including your order #. That will help me ballpark a potential date as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #163
Bug Rx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybd2 View Post
Congratulations! And thanks for including your order #. That will help me ballpark a potential date as well.
Thanks! Looks like my window from order to actual production was 25 days!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #164
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

xDrive35i
X-Line
Cold Weather Package
Harman Kardon Surround Sound System
Rear View Camera
Surround View

Went with...

Space Gray Metallic
Canberra Beige Dakota Leather
Fineline Pure Wood Trim

1st week of November production. Hope to have it by Thanksgiving!

Inspiration...

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 09:03 PM   #165
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Nice build. Lovely pic.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #166
marsblackmon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 550i & '14 F15 35i

Quote:
I'm in the same boat as you... Hoping that by the 1st full week of Nov I'll get something in terms of an FYI.
Quote:
Update:

Chris/Bug,

Sales guys called and I got my production # today! He says there were about 35 orders ahead of mine and I just got in for a November deliver... He says he's hoping for delivery in about 3-4 weeks.

M
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #167
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Chris/Bug,

Sales guys called and I got my production # today! He says there were about 35 orders ahead of mine and I just got in for a November deliver... He says he's hoping for delivery in about 3-4 weeks.

M
Nice! I'm assuming that means the allocations were given today? My CA is usually off on Wednesdays, so I was going to wait and bug him until tomorrow or Friday.. but if allocations were announced today, I may just have to email the sales manager and see if I can get an update today instead!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #168
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i M Sport

Quote:
Nice! I'm assuming that means the allocations were given today? My CA is usually off on Wednesdays, so I was going to wait and bug him until tomorrow or Friday.. but if allocations were announced today, I may just have to email the sales manager and see if I can get an update today instead!
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #169
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

None for me yet, said allocations are always the first full week of the month, so should see them on Monday..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #170
marsblackmon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Hey Chris,

Yes, he said that they got the allocation #s in today's morning meeting. I don't know if the allocation numbers are released at all dealerships on the same day, or if it's a regional thing, or if it's an individual shop kind of thing. But if it helps, I'm buying out of Northern NJ...

Thanks, AEC, I'll keep you posted... I hope it doesn't take too long for them to start the actual build!

M
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #171
Bug Rx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Chris/Bug,

M
I think that is being optimistic. But I surely hope that You get it sooner. Mine started production yesterday with a completion date of Nov. 7th. Add the delivery time to Chicago, which isn't much, and it still puts me at middle of November. Your car would need to be in production within next two weeks. I really don't trust these dealers. LOL
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #172
marsblackmon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I think that is being optimistic. But I surely hope that You get it sooner. Mine started production yesterday with a completion date of Nov. 7th. Add the delivery time to Chicago, which isn't much, and it still puts me at middle of November. Your car would need to be in production within next two weeks. I really don't trust these dealers. LOL
Bug,

I'm not holding my breath. as 3-4 weeks to delivery would be great, but I can live w/ a December delivery just as well. I'm just happy to out of the "order has been placed limbo" right now!

Has anyone ever done the pickup? What's that like? Is it worth it? And do you still pay the destination or acquisition charge if you pickup the car yourself?

M
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #173
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

3-4 weeks to the NY/NJ area is entirely possible, at least under normal conditions. Just not sure we are yet at "normal conditions" lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #174
marsblackmon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
3-4 weeks to the NY/NJ area is entirely possible, at least under normal conditions. Just not sure we are yet at "normal conditions" lol.
I know what you mean, Chris... Sales guys said there is 35 ahead of me, so it sounds like I'm lucky to even have a prod number at the moment. I'll take it!

My wife started tracking online but no update so far.

M
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #175
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Wonder how many they do a day/week. 35 doesn't seem like many to me, supposedly only takes 24 hours now and mostly by robots. I would guess you'll be in production in a week, if it's really only 35 ahead of you. Total guess though, seems like a small number in the grand scheme of things.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #176
usta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M8,G80, Raptor R, GT500

Placed my order October 21st. Called up my sales guy today and he informed that i should have my production number tomorrow.

will see, in the mean time i'm really enjoying my new 535i.

My order
X5 X35i - replacing ml350
Luxury Line
Alpine White
cold weather
Driver Assistance
Premium
Running boards
Appreciate 0