BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5M (F85) and X6M (F86) Forum

07-01-2022, 12:42 PM   #111
Jems32
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i 2014

Hello Shawn, After some unsuccessful attempts even clicking on "HW-IDs from SVTactual" and still Red/Blue, I went to ExpertMode>VCM and managed to check the current i-step, put this current i-step in i-step ship and almost all SVT turned black in NBT, I started the flash and everything seemed to work very well, happiness was great lol... after 30 minutes another error appeared as shown in the log below my NBT restarted and the interface was in ID6 with unconfigured resolution and some functions do not work like NAV, USB, BLUETOOTH, etc. What do you tell me to do in this case?

--log--
[HU_NBT2 - 63 - ibad_0000270b-007_039_008] Transaction type: ibaDeploy; Message: 67% progress on ECUId:HU_NBT2_0x63 [100% of ibad_0000270b-007_039_008] [TRANSACTION]
MCDDiagService<id=333200, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.http.MCD3_PerformECUFlash_Ht tp, service=RC_CHECK_MEMORY_HTTP - RoutineControl CheckMemoryHttp, description=error: positive response with negative content, link=HU_NBT2_63_ETHERNET_63> [DIAGSERVICE]
[HU_NBT2 - 63 - ibad_0000270b-007_039_008] Transaction type: ibaDeploy; Message: 67% progress on ECUId:HU_NBT2_0x63 [100% of ibad_0000270b-007_039_008] [TRANSACTION]
[] job failed with negative response error:
code: result of the routine control service is not correct
description: service RoutineControl CheckMemoryHttp returned unexpected result: debugInformation_02_FF; LinkName: HU_NBT2_63_ETHERNET_63
severity: FATAL ERROR
[THROWABLE]
[HU_NBT2 - 63 - ibad_0000270b-007_039_008] Transaction type: ibaDeploy; Message: TA finished [TRANSACTION]
[HU_NBT2 - 63] There was an error during TAL execution, please check the log files. [WARN]
[HU_NBT2 - 63] - [Exception - HU_NBT2 - 63] job failed with negative response error:
description: service RoutineControl CheckMemoryHttp returned unexpected result: debugInformation_02_FF; LinkName: HU_NBT2_63_ETHERNET_63

[HU_NBT2 - 63] finalizeECUFlash started [PROGRESS]
[HU_NBT2 - 63] finalizeECUFlash finished [PROGRESS]
[] There was an error, please check the log files. [WARN]
[] - [Exception - HU_NBT2 - 63] job failed with negative response error:

[] finalizeVehicleFlash started [PROGRESS]
[] finalizeVehicleFlash finished [PROGRESS]
[] prepareVehicleForCoding started [PROGRESS]
[] prepareVehicleForCoding finished [PROGRESS]
[] finalizeVehicleCoding started [PROGRESS]
[] finalizeVehicleCoding finished [PROGRESS]
[] finalizeTALExecution started [PROGRESS]
[] finalizeTALExecution finished [PROGRESS]
TAL execution finished [TAL_EXECUTION_FINISHED]
TAL-Execution finished with status: "FinishedWithError". [C207]
TAL execution finished. Duration: "39min 39s". [C206]

Read SVT after TAL execution started.
Read SVT after TAL execution finished.
---
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2022, 01:39 PM   #112
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenean View Post
Hello Shawn, After some unsuccessful attempts even clicking on "HW-IDs from SVTactual" and still Red/Blue, I went to ExpertMode>VCM and managed to check the current i-step, put this current i-step in i-step ship and almost all SVT turned black in NBT, I started the flash and everything seemed to work very well, happiness was great lol... after 30 minutes another error appeared as shown in the log below my NBT restarted and the interface was in ID6 with unconfigured resolution and some functions do not work like NAV, USB, BLUETOOTH, etc. What do you tell me to do in this case?

--log--
MCDDiagService<id=333200, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.http.MCD3_PerformECUFlash_Ht tp, service=RC_CHECK_MEMORY_HTTP - RoutineControl CheckMemoryHttp, description=error: positive response with negative content, link=HU_NBT2_63_ETHERNET_63> [DIAGSERVICE]
[] job failed with negative response error:
[THROWABLE]
[HU_NBT2 - 63 - ibad_0000270b-007_039_008] Transaction type: ibaDeploy; Message: TA finished [TRANSACTION]
[HU_NBT2 - 63] There was an error during TAL execution, please check the log files. [WARN]
[HU_NBT2 - 63] - [Exception - HU_NBT2 - 63] job failed with negative response error:

[HU_NBT2 - 63] finalizeECUFlash started [PROGRESS]
[HU_NBT2 - 63] finalizeECUFlash finished [PROGRESS]
[] There was an error, please check the log files. [WARN]
[] - [Exception - HU_NBT2 - 63] job failed with negative response error:

[] finalizeVehicleFlash started [PROGRESS]
[] finalizeVehicleFlash finished [PROGRESS]
[] prepareVehicleForCoding started [PROGRESS]
[] prepareVehicleForCoding finished [PROGRESS]
[] finalizeVehicleCoding started [PROGRESS]
[] finalizeVehicleCoding finished [PROGRESS]
[] finalizeTALExecution started [PROGRESS]
[] finalizeTALExecution finished [PROGRESS]
TAL execution finished [TAL_EXECUTION_FINISHED]
TAL-Execution finished with status: "FinishedWithError". [C207]
TAL execution finished. Duration: "39min 39s". [C206]

Read SVT after TAL execution started.
Read SVT after TAL execution finished.
---
If I-Step Current was used as I-Step Shipment and it turned NBT2 HWEL Black in svt_soll, while good a good thing, it's pure luck / coincidence, as car's I-Step Current has nothing to do with Donor NBT2's original I-Step Shipment.

I have no idea on the "CheckMemoryHttp returned unexpected result: debugInformation_02_FF; LinkName: HU_NBT2_63_ETHERNET_63" errors.

So now you have NBT2 where NBT was. Did you flash / encode EVO using original FA, or was it modified to reflect NBT2 instead of NBT?

What are you using for NBT2 FSC Code set?

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2022, 01:58 PM   #113
Jems32
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
If I-Step Current was used as I-Step Shipment and it turned NBT2 HWEL Black in svt_soll, while good a good thing, it's pure luck / coincidence, as car's I-Step Current has nothing to do with Donor NBT2's original I-Step Shipment.

I have no idea on the "CheckMemoryHttp returned unexpected result: debugInformation_02_FF; LinkName: HU_NBT2_63_ETHERNET_63" errors.

So now you have NBT2 where NBT was. Did you flash / encode EVO using original FA, or was it modified to reflect NBT2 instead of NBT?

What are you using for NBT2 FSC Code set?

It just replaces the NBT with EVO, after the installation it appeared on the screen "No Signal" and a friend accessed it remotely and managed to make the EVO work, remembering that the HDD was replaced and I don't know how to flash it of HDD, I don't know anyone who can do it but I heard that it is possible to flash the EVO HDD easily using e-sys, maybe this could be the reason for the error, if you know how to flash the new HDD I will be very grateful if you can help me, if you want to access remotely and check for me we can arrange a price for your work and patience
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2022, 02:21 PM   #114
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It just replaces the NBT with EVO, after the installation it appeared on the screen "No Signal" and a friend accessed it remotely and managed to make the EVO work, remembering that the HDD was replaced and I don't know how to flash it of HDD, I don't know anyone who can do it but I heard that it is possible to flash the EVO HDD easily using e-sys, maybe this could be the reason for the error, if you know how to flash the new HDD I will be very grateful if you can help me, if you want to access remotely and check for me we can arrange a price for your work and patience
Sorry, I have no idea on the HDD.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2022, 06:30 PM   #115
Jems32
Rep

I would like to greatly appreciate Shawn's help, after a lot of trying I managed to flash it successfully without any errors. As I did a retrofit from NBT to EVO I didn't know what the correct i-step to put in the EVO and that was causing errors in the flash. After several attempts I tried i-step 18-3 and flash ran successfully. Thank you so much Shawn, for more people like you in this world.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2022, 08:22 PM   #116
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I would like to greatly appreciate Shawn's help, after a lot of trying I managed to flash it successfully without any errors. As I did a retrofit from NBT to EVO I didn't know what the correct i-step to put in the EVO and that was causing errors in the flash. After several attempts I tried i-step 18-3 and flash ran successfully. Thank you so much Shawn, for more people like you in this world.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 03:51 PM   #117
Rumel1993
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW f31

Hello, I am wondering if you could help me, I am looking to upgrade my idrive 4 to idrive 6. Would this be something you could do remotely ofcourse for a fee?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 04:05 PM   #118
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumel1993 View Post
Hello, I am wondering if you could help me, I am looking to upgrade my idrive 4 to idrive 6. Would this be something you could do remotely ofcourse for a fee?
No. I'd get from here:

https://easybimmercoding.com/product...coding-package

Appreciate 1
9vapors651.50
      07-22-2022, 09:15 PM   #119
jcompad
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S

Newer Version than NBTevo_Y21272I

Hello,
Does anyone know if there is a newer or superior version than NBTevo_Y21272I for MINI?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 08:37 AM   #120
Jems32
Rep

Hello friends,
Does anyone know if the procedure to update the i-step of KOMBI (instrument cluster) is the same as the beginning of this topic? I would like to update my KOMBI to insert the clock on the right and put the MPM_LOGO, in some topics they said it must be i-step above 2018 but I'm afraid of putting the i-step wrong and causing problems like I had in my NBT_Evo when putting the wrong i-step. If anyone can help informing which pzdata I should put and if the flash procedure is the same as in this topic I would really appreciate it
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 01:25 PM   #121
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

Quote:
Hello friends,
Does anyone know if the procedure to update the i-step of KOMBI (instrument cluster) is the same as the beginning of this topic? I would like to update my KOMBI to insert the clock on the right and put the MPM_LOGO, in some topics they said it must be i-step above 2018 but I'm afraid of putting the i-step wrong and causing problems like I had in my NBT_Evo when putting the wrong i-step. If anyone can help informing which pzdata I should put and if the flash procedure is the same as in this topic I would really appreciate it
Steps are same, but u have to know your istep. It can be found Expert/VCM
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 02:20 PM   #122
Matthew53
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335d

I would like to explain some things for people that never had an experience with esys and flashing/programming ECUs.

First of all, correct VO and I-step are the two most crucial things that you should carefully reconsider and check before proceeding to any programming, because esys calculates target files accordingly to them.

If you have any retrofits or custom/aftermarket solutions then most likely your orginal VO will not reflect these changes unless someone updated VCM with modified VO.

If you use your original VO/I-step and have retrofits then esys may calculate wrong files, e.g esys may tell to replace NBT to EVO, change HWEL (HWEL in red on the list), or it may refuse to calculate files (current versions in black only, not red/blue) at all if there are more inconsistencies.

Remember that when esys say to replace HWEL (HWEL in red) and you'll ignore it by pressing "HW-Id from SVT-actual" then your ECU might be bricked and unrecoverable by OBD.

I'm not sure if there is any HU that may get bricked by different HWEL flash, e.g in case of region change (this is one of the most common cases when you flash HU for other region in order to get other region language/functionality and esys highlight HWEL in red), but CIC is not affected for sure. I flashed many CIC of different markets with different HWEL and never had an issue.
However I bricked SZL from F01 when attempted to flash and there was different HWEL on the list.

If you have carplay activated as aftermarket solution then after flash it will be erased and you'll need to apply FSC again in order to carplay work again.
If I-level is 18-03 then USB patch may be used. If higher then you need solution like engineering tool/HuTool to activate it.

If it's about programming on bench, then you can get Arduino or other can device that is capable to send can frames and you can connect your HU with ZGW without immo (CAS/FEM/BDC) and without worries that your EVO will get component protection active due to different VIN. On bench EVO takes about 2.5Amp while programming, so any 5A laboratory power supply will be enough.

And my question to all of you guys. When you program in car is this going with UDS (CAN) or HTTP when using enet cable? I flash units mostly on the bench and I can't establish HTTP programming, neither with ICOM(with or without DHCP server) or enet. When start update it always crash at the beginning with HTTP error, so I have to deactivate it in Parameters tab in order to flash with UDS. I flashed one EVO in car with enet lately and it was going with HTTP (much faster), so I'm wondering what is the problem that I can't do that on bench.

And remember always better ask here if you're not 100% sure about procedure or your VO/I-Step/files.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 03:20 PM   #123
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

UDS takes forever. BDC GW uses Ethernet connection so yeah that is why it is way faster. You can also do HTTP if you are using arduino with ZGW2. The Arduino i have just to by pass CAS+KEY combo but still uses ZGW2. And on EVO u make direct connection to OBD to OABR not from ZGW. The key is ur ZGW VIN has to match with Retrofitted vehicle's VIN. and can be done on Bench with the same time frame that has been done on the vehicle.

If you are unsure about the istep on VCM you can always check the vehicles original istep shipment by running the VIN number. Or if you are a member of cartechnology . co . uk someone can help u out to find the correct numbers.
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 08:54 AM   #124
Jems32
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNGRia View Post
Steps are same, but u have to know your istep. It can be found Expert/VCM
Yes in Expect/VCM I can see the launch i-step, but in my case I would like to update the KOMBI ( instrument cluster ) to add more current functions that my current i-step version doesn't have.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 12:33 PM   #125
Jems32
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew53 View Post
I would like to explain some things for people that never had an experience with esys and flashing/programming ECUs.

First of all, correct VO and I-step are the two most crucial things that you should carefully reconsider and check before proceeding to any programming, because esys calculates target files accordingly to them.

If you have any retrofits or custom/aftermarket solutions then most likely your orginal VO will not reflect these changes unless someone updated VCM with modified VO.

If you use your original VO/I-step and have retrofits then esys may calculate wrong files, e.g esys may tell to replace NBT to EVO, change HWEL (HWEL in red on the list), or it may refuse to calculate files (current versions in black only, not red/blue) at all if there are more inconsistencies.

Remember that when esys say to replace HWEL (HWEL in red) and you'll ignore it by pressing "HW-Id from SVT-actual" then your ECU might be bricked and unrecoverable by OBD.

I'm not sure if there is any HU that may get bricked by different HWEL flash, e.g in case of region change (this is one of the most common cases when you flash HU for other region in order to get other region language/functionality and esys highlight HWEL in red), but CIC is not affected for sure. I flashed many CIC of different markets with different HWEL and never had an issue.
However I bricked SZL from F01 when attempted to flash and there was different HWEL on the list.

If you have carplay activated as aftermarket solution then after flash it will be erased and you'll need to apply FSC again in order to carplay work again.
If I-level is 18-03 then USB patch may be used. If higher then you need solution like engineering tool/HuTool to activate it.

If it's about programming on bench, then you can get Arduino or other can device that is capable to send can frames and you can connect your HU with ZGW without immo (CAS/FEM/BDC) and without worries that your EVO will get component protection active due to different VIN. On bench EVO takes about 2.5Amp while programming, so any 5A laboratory power supply will be enough.

And my question to all of you guys. When you program in car is this going with UDS (CAN) or HTTP when using enet cable? I flash units mostly on the bench and I can't establish HTTP programming, neither with ICOM(with or without DHCP server) or enet. When start update it always crash at the beginning with HTTP error, so I have to deactivate it in Parameters tab in order to flash with UDS. I flashed one EVO in car with enet lately and it was going with HTTP (much faster), so I'm wondering what is the problem that I can't do that on bench.

And remember always better ask here if you're not 100% sure about procedure or your VO/I-Step/files.
I agree with you Matthew53
After I almost bliked my Evo after putting the wrong i-step I look for as much information as possible.... But just like me there are other people passionate about bimmers and enthusiasts who want to do the service ourselves, as in the case of updating the Kombi (instrument cluster) because I know that if something goes wrong I can have great losses, but even so, I run the risk, but in no way do I seek knowledge here on the forum to do services for other people. But thanks to Shawn and other friends here on the forum it has helped me a lot to get even more excited about this bim coding world. Anyway, I'm waiting for a friend who has information on which i-step I should put in my Kombi.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 12:36 PM   #126
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I agree with you Matthew53
After I almost bliked my Evo after putting the wrong i-step I look for as much information as possible.... But just like me there are other people passionate about bimmers and enthusiasts who want to do the service ourselves, as in the case of updating the Kombi (instrument cluster) because I know that if something goes wrong I can have great losses, but even so, I run the risk, but in no way do I seek knowledge here on the forum to do services for other people. But thanks to Shawn and other friends here on the forum it has helped me a lot to get even more excited about this bim coding world. Anyway, I'm waiting for a friend who has information on which i-step I should put in my Kombi.

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 03:58 PM   #127
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jems32 View Post
Yes in Expect/VCM I can see the launch i-step, but in my case I would like to update the KOMBI ( instrument cluster ) to add more current functions that my current i-step version doesn't have.
I was reffering to istep shipment. When you update your ecus, you will update the module with the current daten file that you have downloaded from the net. The latest you have, most recent update you will flash the module.

So looking at your current istep will only tell you what is the current status of your vehicle unless someone done individual updates on some modules without flashing the BDC/FEM

If BDC or FEM never flashed to the latest, does not matter all others modules updated to the 2022, it will still show previous date on the istep.

If you have 2021 or 2022 daten file then TAL will calculate accordingly and if there is a new uptade will be shown in red and you will do the update.

Critical point is HWEL being BLACK. If not, then your istep shipment that is stored on the FA is incorrect or the module that you are trying to update came from different vehicle and istep shipment not matching!
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 09:29 PM   #128
Gecomatics
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Quote:
If u have 2020+ psdzdata there is a coding for the apple car play full screen in CAFD. No more injection needed since u have fsc s for the apple car play option. Updates doesnt effect FSC.

Great job wow.

I made it nbtevo_k ( Original apple carplay active ) to nbtevo_y but
Carplay not working :Hilfe:
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 10:15 PM   #129
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecomatics View Post
Great job wow.

I made it nbtevo_k ( Original apple carplay active ) to nbtevo_y but
Carplay not working :Hilfe:

What year and model? If carplay came from the factory it will work after update. Factory FSC certification stay in the Head Unit, unless you flashed it with ISTA+ version 4.07.13 / 62.2.003 and 62.3.001 will fix the issue.

You can check the FSC codes being rejected or in place thru Esys.
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 07-30-2022 at 10:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 11:17 PM   #130
Gecomatics
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

BMW M4 F82
2017-01

Nbtevo_k17033J to nbtevo_y21432j

With esys and enet cable as they described
Bimmercode expert mode say

00a0 accepted
0120 accepted
0143 unavailable
016e accepted
016f accepted

Last edited by Gecomatics; 07-30-2022 at 11:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 01:49 PM   #131
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Yeap as you see 0143 - Apple CarPlay and it is unavailable. You sould get a FSC Pack kit to reactivate. Ask shawnsheridan He can help you out for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecomatics View Post
BMW M4 F82
2017-01

Nbtevo_k17033J to nbtevo_y21432j

With esys and enet cable as they described
Bimmercode expert mode say

00a0 accepted
0120 accepted
0143 unavailable
016e accepted
016f accepted
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 06:12 AM   #132
Matthew53
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335d

zgw2

Quote:
UDS takes forever. BDC GW uses Ethernet connection so yeah that is why it is way faster. You can also do HTTP if you are using arduino with ZGW2. The Arduino i have just to by pass CAS+KEY combo but still uses ZGW2. And on EVO u make direct connection to OBD to OABR not from ZGW. The key is ur ZGW VIN has to match with Retrofitted vehicle's VIN. and can be done on Bench with the same time frame that has been done on the vehicle.

If you are unsure about the istep on VCM you can always check the vehicles original istep shipment by running the VIN number. Or if you are a member of cartechnology . co . uk someone can help u out to find the correct numbers.
I'm using arduino with ZGW2 all the time, but never succeeded in HTTP programming. It always throw an error about HTTP at the beginning of programming and I have to check the option "Deactivate HTTP" in parameters to be able to program it, but then it's going by UDS of course.
It doesn't matter if it's icom or enet, always the same HTTP fault. Two days ago I had to flash NBT and it took over 6 hours by UDS to be finished.

ZGW vin doesn't have to match with EVO or retrofitted car vin. EVO checks the vin of CAS/FEM only, so when arduino is used to send wakeup then there is no VIN issues.
Appreciate 0