BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-14-2021, 09:40 PM   #1
DrDogu
Registered
Turkey
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 X3 G01 X5 E53 X5M F85

iPE Innotech F1 Exhaust for F85

Hello guys. I have an exhaust question for you. I am new around here and bought my first M car last week. My question is, as far as I know F10 M5's engine and F85 X5 M's engine are the same. However when I view different exhaust sounds of F85, non of them impressed me as much as iPE Innotech F1 exhaust for M5. (
) Is it possible to make X5 M sound same as this exhaust? Or is there an exhaust sound like this one? Thank you for your help.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 06:48 PM   #2
DKNewYork
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07' M5, 17' X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDogu View Post
Hello guys. I have an exhaust question for you. I am new around here and bought my first M car last week. My question is, as far as I know F10 M5's engine and F85 X5 M's engine are the same. However when I view different exhaust sounds of F85, non of them impressed me as much as iPE Innotech F1 exhaust for M5. Is it possible to make X5 M sound same as this exhaust? Or is there an exhaust sound like this one? Thank you for your help.
Think the closest to iPE exhaust would be FI. Here is how mine sound with the FI exhaust. The clip with the iPE Innotech are shot under an overpass and makes it sound louder.

Last edited by DKNewYork; 03-15-2021 at 07:51 PM..
Appreciate 1
m3fuz199.00
      03-15-2021, 06:55 PM   #3
X5MNY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKNewYork View Post
Quote:
Hello guys. I have an exhaust question for you. I am new around here and bought my first M car last week. My question is, as far as I know F10 M5's engine and F85 X5 M's engine are the same. However when I view different exhaust sounds of F85, non of them impressed me as much as iPE Innotech F1 exhaust for M5. Is it possible to make X5 M sound same as this exhaust? Or is there an exhaust sound like this one? Thank you for your help.
Here is how mine sound with the FI exhaust. The clip with the iPE Innotech are shot under an overpass and makes it sound louder.

sounds nicee
Appreciate 1
DKNewYork200.50
      03-15-2021, 10:37 PM   #4
DrDogu
Registered
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKNewYork View Post
Think the closest to iPE exhaust would be FI. Here is how mine sound with the FI exhaust. The clip with the iPE Innotech are shot under an overpass and makes it sound louder.

Thanks for your answer your car is really loud. The thing that I am curious about is that why do these two cars sound different? iPE M5's tone sounds deeper to me. I don't know it is because of the place they shot the video
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 01:37 PM   #5
m3fuz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 X5M, 19 X3 30i, 03 C4S

Quote:
Thanks for your answer your car is really loud. The thing that I am curious about is that why do these two cars sound different? iPE M5's tone sounds deeper to me. I don't know it is because of the place they shot the video
I think the location plays a big part of it. Certainly not everything can be attributed to location, but I think it does play a role. Being under an overpass, the sound reverberates off the concrete pylons and the road above whereas there's no such items out in the open.

Both sound awesome in my opinion though. I'm really looking at the Eisenmann Sport as that seems to be the right note for my tastes, but both the iPE and FI sound great.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 07:12 AM   #6
DrDogu
Registered
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3fuz View Post
I think the location plays a big part of it. Certainly not everything can be attributed to location, but I think it does play a role. Being under an overpass, the sound reverberates off the concrete pylons and the road above whereas there's no such items out in the open.

Both sound awesome in my opinion though. I'm really looking at the Eisenmann Sport as that seems to be the right note for my tastes, but both the iPE and FI sound great.
Do you think is it possible to fit iPE's M5 exhaust to F85 with the help of a custom exhaust shop?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 12:48 PM   #7
silentm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3fuz View Post

Do you think is it possible to fit iPE's M5 exhaust to F85 with the help of a custom exhaust shop?
The set up is different. X5 has one can, m5 has 2.

Is it possible, maybe. Will it look awkward, probably, but it's your ride.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 01:00 PM   #8
silentm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Hello guys. I have an exhaust question for you. I am new around here and bought my first M car last week. My question is, as far as I know F10 M5's engine and F85 X5 M's engine are the same. However when I view different exhaust sounds of F85, non of them impressed me as much as iPE Innotech F1 exhaust for M5. (
) Is it possible to make X5 M sound same as this exhaust? Or is there an exhaust sound like this one? Thank you for your help.
This is staged to sound the way it sounds.
Appreciate 0