BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-12-2014, 01:19 PM   #947
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Crackin' colour choice! Glad it turned up as expected and that you're happy with it.
Been up to Yorkshire in mine today, steady 65-85 and averaged 37mpg so can't complain.
      07-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #948
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdriverx View Post
Looks good. Is that the xline? I got mine with the same dakota leather, but did the fineline pure wood trim. The aluminum trim looks good too, just not my preference.

I'm jealous that the european version gets the automatic towbar. That's a neat feature.
We have a different trim level system over here, basically you either buy the SE or M Sport of whichever engine you want and then add whatever options onto it that you want to, it gives us much greater flexibility that you appear to have in the US where everything seems to be package based with few single available options. Have a look on bmw.co.uk at the X5 builder and you will see what I mean when compared to the US version.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #949
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatFlap View Post
Crackin' colour choice! Glad it turned up as expected and that you're happy with it.
Been up to Yorkshire in mine today, steady 65-85 and averaged 37mpg so can't complain.
37 mpg ain't bad, especially as it should get better.

Just filled mine up for the first time, can you believe the dealer only gave me about 1/3rd of a tank of diesel. £102 for 75 litres and our American cousins think gas and diesel is expensive over their side of the pond.

Done some coding, got more to do. Really don't like the mirror dip when reversing and you can't turn it off without coding.

Yours is looking pretty smart too, I was going to order a Mineral White one but once the wife saw the Space Grey she wanted me to get that instead which I have to admit I am very happy with.

Got a long trip Monday/Tuesday, about 700 miles motorway and cross country. The computer reckons I can do it on one tank, we'll see.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 11:45 PM   #950
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPickles View Post
37 mpg ain't bad, especially as it should get better.
Done some coding, got more to do. Really don't like the mirror dip when reversing and you can't turn it off without.
Hi there. Don't need to code to stop the left hand door mirror dipping when reversing. The little switch on the drivers door that you toggle between to adjust left or right door mirrors; you just move the left hand one which then stops the mirror from dipping down. Personally I like the feature but hey ho.
All the best.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 03:02 PM   #951
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
Hi there. Don't need to code to stop the left hand door mirror dipping when reversing. The little switch on the drivers door that you toggle between to adjust left or right door mirrors; you just move the left hand one which then stops the mirror from dipping down. Personally I like the feature but hey ho.
All the best.
Thanks @Baunton, having rtfm I found that.

Do you know how to make the auto wipers sticky so it remembers it has been turned on between restarts? As it is you seem to have to turn it on every time you get in.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 04:10 PM   #952
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:

Do you know how to make the auto wipers sticky so it remembers it has been turned on between restarts? As it is you seem to have to turn it on every time you get in.

Never managed to code that facility on the F25 and not sure if it's possible with the F15 either. It is possible to make the "auto high beam" retentive however. There's a few users in the USA who have been coding the F15, maybe they might have had more success.
      07-14-2014, 12:03 AM   #953
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:

Hello. I don't think you can keep its memory between switching the engine on/off. Funny you should say because I noticed this yesterday
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #954
xdriverx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 35i Xdrive

xdrive 35i
Luxury Line
Alpine White
Terra Dakota Leather
Fineline Pure Wood Trim
Lighting Package
Premium Package
Rear view camera

View post on imgur.com

Ordered on 6/28, was scheduled for production pack 7/3/2014.
Found out today it still hasn't gone into production.
Dealer had several slots available for production and said it would take 3 weeks start to finish.

Last edited by xdriverx; 07-14-2014 at 03:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 05:23 AM   #955
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Never managed to code that facility on the F25 and not sure if it's possible with the F15 either. It is possible to make the "auto high beam" retentive however. There's a few users in the USA who have been coding the F15, maybe they might have had more success.
Got that to code in my next coding session plus some other stuff I'm researching at the moment.

Seems daft that you can't code auto wipers with memory for on or off, that was one this I never changed in the RX, just left them on auto along with the lights.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 05:25 AM   #956
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
xdrive 35i
Luxury Line
Alpine White
Terra Dakota Leather
Fineline Pure Wood Trim
Lighting Package
Premium Package
Rear view camera

View post on imgur.com

Dealer had several slots available for production and said it would take 3 weeks start to finish.

3 weeks from start to finish, we can only dream of that speed over this side of the pond
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #957
vivalaReagan
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

need clarification from the experts here as i'm a novice regarding the ordering process. i ordered a 35i last weekend in the US & was given one of the earliest 2015my allocations from my dealership (rep showed me the dealership's entire inventory schedule). it's currently listed as 112 status & doesn't have a production start date yet according to the 800#.

i realize it's somewhat fluid but what can i expect & what's the timeline for the first 2015my going into production. i think my rep is being extremely optimistic when he tells me it could go into production any day (he expects it to go this week "for sure") & then approximately three weeks max to delivery.

thanks in advance for the education.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 05:36 AM   #958
krisdv
///M Power
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 - G05 X5 45e

Will production MY2015 start August 1st or a bit sooner or later?

Just wondering because my M50d (ordered in Feb.) is due for production this week.

Last edited by krisdv; 07-18-2014 at 05:36 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 09:30 AM   #959
Karthik
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 x35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisdv View Post
Will production MY2015 start August 1st or a bit sooner or later?

Just wondering because my M50d (ordered in Feb.) is due for production this week.
I spoke with BMW yesterday and they told me that the production is scheduled to start in Week 32 which Aug 3 - Aug 9th.

Hopefully they won't change it..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #960
xdriverx
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
3 weeks from start to finish, we can only dream of that speed over this side of the pond
Well they haven't lived up to that timeline. Going on 3 weeks now. I'm told it will begin production week 31 which is the last week of July. Maybe I'll take possession in mid-late August. So that will be 1.5 to 2 months from order date. Still faster than the months of waiting I've heard from other members.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 09:52 AM   #961
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Well they haven't lived up to that timeline. Going on 3 weeks now. I'm told it will begin production week 31 which is the last week of July. Maybe I'll take possession in mid-late August. So that will be 1.5 to 2 months from order date. Still faster than the months of waiting I've heard from other members.
Mine was originally quoted at over 5 months but eventually arrived in a little over 4 months from order. Ordered early March, delivered early July.

Some European orders from April/May are scheduled for delivery in 2015 !!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #962
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
It is possible to make the "auto high beam" retentive however. There's a few users in the USA who have been coding the F15, maybe they might have had more success.
Does anyone know the correct option to enable Retentive Auto High Beam on an F15, the equivalent option from other Fxx chassis doesn't exist in BDC_BODY and the only other candidate I can find is enabled already.

Also, has anyone had any luck with the 'Fog lights as turning lights' option in BDC_BODY 3073 C_CLC_NA. on my UK spec F15 it is already set to an option that includes 'F015 Enabled'. Is there some other option that need setting?

Something I have had success with is changing the number of flashes from the indicators for the '3 flash indicators' option where you move the indicator stalk slightly but not past the point where they are on continuously. It's in BDC_BODY 3068 BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP, just change the werte value to the number of flashes you want minus 1, so if you want 6 flashes set it to a value of 5.

In looking through many cheat sheets for F series chassis on this and other forums, I keep coming across an option for 'Enables Fog Lights with High Beams / Flashers' in BDC_BODY 3068 NSW_AUS_BEI_FL, my question is what is this supposed to do as on my UK spec F15 it appears enabled already but I am not sure what I am looking for, is there some other activator that I am missing?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 03:52 AM   #963
monkray
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 30d M Sport

Quote:
Mine was originally quoted at over 5 months but eventually arrived in a little over 4 months from order. Ordered early March, delivered early July.

Some European orders from April/May are scheduled for delivery in 2015 !!
Indeed, I am in that boat! Ordered my 2015 model X5 30d M Sport in mid-May and was quoted 20 Jan 2015 for delivery. Just got an update from the dealer that it is now expected to be ready the week commencing 8 December 2014. Hoping is might creep into November...
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 05:13 AM   #964
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkray View Post
Indeed, I am in that boat! Ordered my 2015 model X5 30d M Sport in mid-May and was quoted 20 Jan 2015 for delivery. Just got an update from the dealer that it is now expected to be ready the week commencing 8 December 2014. Hoping is might creep into November...
Once they get to the point of production they do seem to move forwards, mine moved forwards 4 weeks at point of production. I'm not sure what route yours will take from the 'states though, do you know if they go via K-Line into Zeebrugge and then on from there?

You can check the status through bmwarchive.org once you have a VIN. If it shows up as an 80's 5 series then it isn't built yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 06:34 AM   #965
mclachlan4321
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMWx3

mine has been sitting in Southampton for 10 days now and still no sign :-(
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 12:52 PM   #966
xdriverx
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
xdrive 35i
Luxury Line
Alpine White
Terra Dakota Leather
Fineline Pure Wood Trim
Lighting Package
Premium Package
Rear view camera

View post on imgur.com

Update: My dealer informed this morning that the status has changed to 150 which means production has begun. He says they should build the car in a couple of days and then it's just a matter of watching how quickly they can deliver. (From SC to NY)

Built in a couple of days? Is he being too optimistic? I expected a couple of weeks for the build to be completed from the start. I'll be happy if it's true. Anyway I'll keep you posted.

PS. Does anyone have experience with lease end with BMW? I am turning my current 3 series in in the next week or so and I went over the allowed mileage. My dealer says I can call BMWNA and I can pay the 16 cents per mile (vs 20 cents) if I call at least 24 hours before I turn the vehicle in. Seems very convenient. What have your experiences been?

Update2: Confirmed from BMW NA, production started and will be completed 7/29.

Last edited by xdriverx; 07-22-2014 at 03:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 09:26 PM   #967
DavidTSG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Originally placed my order back in June for a 2014, but opted to wait for the 2015 when I saw the changes in the new pricing guide. Got my production # today and already checked the status half a dozen times, even though I knew it wouldn't have changed. No patience here.

Updating to a new 2015 X5 as my 2012 xDrive 35i Premium is due to come off lease soon. Really excited for the new toy to arrive.

My order:
2015 xDrive 35d
Luxury Line
20" Y-Spoke wheels style 451

Imperial Blue Metallic
Mocha Nappa Leather

Driver Assistance
Driver Assistance Plus
Mocha Interior Design
Premium Pkg

Multi-Contour Seats
Harman Kardon Sound
Ceramic Controls

Last edited by DavidTSG; 08-01-2014 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: Added ceramic controls.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 01:50 AM   #968
monkray
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 30d M Sport

Quote:
Once they get to the point of production they do seem to move forwards, mine moved forwards 4 weeks at point of production. I'm not sure what route yours will take from the 'states though, do you know if they go via K-Line into Zeebrugge and then on from there?

You can check the status through bmwarchive.org once you have a VIN. If it shows up as an 80's 5 series then it isn't built yet.
Many thanks for the information - I will be picking up at BMW Park Lane's collection point near Folkestone so I presume it will taking the same route as other UK X5s. Will ask the dealer about the VIN but I imagine it is too early. Anyway, I hope to see another 4 week shift!
Appreciate 0