BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-17-2021, 07:58 AM   #23
chumbedi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5e40 (F15)

Shxx happens, on my X5 40e hybrid, do not have any space to put subs / amplifier, as under rear space is battery.
Does anyone have a X5 40e and has a solution ?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 12:27 PM   #24
Breakmywalletf15
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F15

Any tips on getting the basser sub box in? Mine hits the small metal piece at the top near the sub shade. I figure maybe the track has to come off. Just curious if you ran into the same issue
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 06:20 PM   #25
SlickShaneC
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 4.0e

I have a 40e and wanted something that I could remove quickly . I ended up going with Rockford Fosgate P300-10 Punch Single 10" 300 Watt Amplified Subwoofer. It's a self contained unit that is tight against the rear seat and the top is just under the rear cover. It sounds really good IMHO.

Last edited by SlickShaneC; 07-10-2021 at 04:13 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2022, 09:03 PM   #26
gutterballs527
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 xdrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakmywalletf15 View Post
Any tips on getting the basser sub box in? Mine hits the small metal piece at the top near the sub shade. I figure maybe the track has to come off. Just curious if you ran into the same issue
Any advice on a solution to fitting the Basser box in? I just finished my install and the very last piece of the puzzle is getting the box to slot in past that pesky metal piece you referenced...I got the track loosened up and it just barely snags enough to block the sub enclosure from dropping into the rear well.

As an aside -- BIG thanks to all that have contributed to these threads. First DIY I've attempted solo and with the exception of the sub enclosure fitting in, install was a breeze.

Last edited by gutterballs527; 05-01-2022 at 10:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 04:58 PM   #27
Breakmywalletf15
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutterballs527 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakmywalletf15 View Post
Any advice on a solution to fitting the Basser box in? I just finished my install and the very last piece of the puzzle is getting the box to slot in past that pesky metal piece you referenced...I got the track loosened up and it just barely snags enough to block the sub enclosure from dropping into the rear well.

As an aside -- BIG thanks to all that have contributed to these threads. First DIY I've attempted solo and with the exception of the sub enclosure fitting in, install was a breeze.
I sanded/shaved down a bit of the box so it can make the angle into the corner. I also shaved that metal piece as much as I could, just hard to get an angle grinder in there
Appreciate 0