BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-22-2021, 08:48 AM   #177
Tritan84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWofVS View Post

Plasti dip the X5 emblem last Spring still looking like day 1 (knock on wood)

I went with smoke sort of regret it since you can barely notice the tint but yellow looks nice. here is a friends X5 with the yellow fog tints.

Attachment 2543536

don't tell me you're still going at it.
What lip is this? Gloss black or CF? It’s hard to tell.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 03:41 PM   #178
BMWofVS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
Gloss black
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 07:17 AM   #179
Tritan84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Gloss black
Looks great! Do you have a link to where you purchased?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 01:30 PM   #180
BMWofVS
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritan84 View Post
Looks great! Do you have a link to where you purchased?
Sry for the late reply been MIA. Here is the link from the seller I purchased it from.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192965453701
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 05:02 PM   #181
X5_msport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x35i m sport

New to joining the forums here, but have used them before searching for answers. I've had my 2015 BMW X5 35i M Sport for about two years now buying it from a dealership outside of NYC. I've started doing some mods to it since I moved to Cali and Covid happened, but all have been for looks. So far I've tinted the front windows, vinyl wrapped it, tinted the headlights/taillights, powder coated the wheels, de-badged and swapped out emblems, tinted the windshield, added DYNOshield to the windshield to prevent rock chips and will be adding spacers to my rear wheels and replacing the brake system with drilled and slotted rotors next week. I'll attach some photos of what my car looked like and what it looks like now. I'm looking to maybe add an intake and down pipes so I'm louder and possibly a chip too to get more power. Has anybody done this with their X5?
Attached Images

Last edited by X5_msport; 09-08-2021 at 05:33 PM..
Appreciate 3
jmack1231302.00
BMWofVS470.50
      09-08-2021, 08:01 PM   #182
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5_msport View Post
New to joining the forums here, but have used them before searching for answers. I've had my 2015 BMW X5 35i M Sport for about two years now buying it from a dealership outside of NYC. I've started doing some mods to it since I moved to Cali and Covid happened, but all have been for looks. So far I've tinted the front windows, vinyl wrapped it, tinted the headlights/taillights, powder coated the wheels, de-badged and swapped out emblems, tinted the windshield, added DYNOshield to the windshield to prevent rock chips and will be adding spacers to my rear wheels and replacing the brake system with drilled and slotted rotors next week. I'll attach some photos of what my car looked like and what it looks like now. I'm looking to maybe add an intake and down pipes so I'm louder and possibly a chip too to get more power. Has anybody done this with their X5?
I love the color of the wrap. You will find many (myself included) who have the M Performance Power Kit (tune) from BMW. Remaps the throttle, transmission, adds more power. Recommended upgrade, however there are other options out there such as Racechip you can study up on. MPE (M Performance Exhaust) is also an upgrade worth looking into if you want better sound. Good luck.
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2021, 05:40 PM   #183
Ascotgrun
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Gave painted exhaust tips a shot. Love how it looks and will see how long it lasts. Was a pretty easy job if a little time consuming to tape off the immediate area.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
Violator4587.50
jmack1231302.00
sukhk5272195.00
ggunn9160.00
BMWofVS470.50
      09-12-2021, 02:34 AM   #184
lonestar22
Ground Clearance?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i & X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
I'm actually swapping out my gloss black wheels for another variation of black, brushed dark black.

Current gloss black Rennen Forged monolicht M8 (will be posted in the FS section shortly)
Attachment 2461869

BC Forged RZ05 in brushed dark black
Attachment 2461872

Also considered these colours, but I think my yellow/green calipers will look better behind black

Attachment 2461866

Attachment 2461867

Attachment 2461868
Go with any wheel what isn't black. Black wheels are too basic and aren't that different than steelies.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 08:14 AM   #185
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
I'm actually swapping out my gloss black wheels for another variation of black, brushed dark black.

Current gloss black Rennen Forged monolicht M8 (will be posted in the FS section shortly)
Attachment 2461869

BC Forged RZ05 in brushed dark black
Attachment 2461872

Also considered these colours, but I think my yellow/green calipers will look better behind black

Attachment 2461866

Attachment 2461867

Attachment 2461868
Go with any wheel what isn't black. Black wheels are too basic and aren't that different than steelies.
We'll have to agree to disagree there.
Appreciate 2
      09-13-2021, 12:44 PM   #186
Yo_Holle
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i E46 M3 Cabrio

Love what you you did and don't mean to thread jack but I wanted to show what I did.
I have a xLine and added some carbon to the front bumper and make it look a little better like the Msport

looked a little weird so I Added some reflective vinyl, I'll replace it with normal silver. But in some light it looks like led running lights

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 05:34 AM   #187
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascotgrun View Post
Gave painted exhaust tips a shot. Love how it looks and will see how long it lasts. Was a pretty easy job if a little time consuming to tape off the immediate area.
This is another option.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-S...-127632-2357-0
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2021, 07:09 AM   #188
Ascotgrun
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Have you tried them?. I wasn't sure how much of the chrome they covered. I previous tried a similar product on another car and they still allowed the original chrome to be seen so I didn't want to get burned twice.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 11:06 AM   #189
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Have you tried them?. I wasn't sure how much of the chrome they covered. I previous tried a similar product on another car and they still allowed the original chrome to be seen so I didn't want to get burned twice.
No. But the reviews seem good. They are being sold on Amazon as well…
Appreciate 1
Ascotgrun170.50
      09-18-2021, 07:08 PM   #190
BMWofVS
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack123 View Post
I love the color of the wrap. You will find many (myself included) who have the M Performance Power Kit (tune) from BMW. Remaps the throttle, transmission, adds more power. Recommended upgrade, however there are other options out there such as Racechip you can study up on. MPE (M Performance Exhaust) is also an upgrade worth looking into if you want better sound. Good luck.
+1

Quote:
A year + and tips still looking like day one and agree definitely easier to spray than prep.
Appreciate 1
jmack1231302.00
      09-18-2021, 08:08 PM   #191
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
+1

Quote:
A year + and tips still looking like day one and agree definitely easier to spray than prep.
Long time no see brother. Where you been? I finally got MPPK, def agree with your assessment. Worth the upgrade. I've now become intrigued by Racechip XLR.
Appreciate 1
BMWofVS470.50
      09-19-2021, 06:56 PM   #192
X5_msport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
+1

Quote:
Long time no see brother. Where you been? I finally got MPPK, def agree with your assessment. Worth the upgrade. I've now become intrigued by Racechip XLR.
I'm looking into getting the Magnum FORCE Stage 2 Si Cold Air Intake System - Pro 5R Filter and RaceChip GTS. The RaceChip adds 75 HP while the MPK only adds 20 HP. The price for the MPK is a little over 1k too so why opt for MPPK? If I'm wrong about the info on MPPK please correct me as to it's what I found when I looked into it online.

On another note I should be getting my car back this week after doing a few more things to it. I replaced the OEM brakes with drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic brake pads. I'm also adding spacers so my wheels can sit flush with the flare to give it an even more aggressive look from behind. I'll post pics when I get it back from the shop.
Appreciate 1
jmack1231302.00
      09-19-2021, 07:00 PM   #193
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
+1

Quote:
I'm looking into getting the Magnum FORCE Stage 2 Si Cold Air Intake System - Pro 5R Filter and RaceChip GTS. The RaceChip adds 75 HP while the MPK only adds 35 HP. The price for the MPK is a little over 1k too so why opt for MPK? If I'm wrong about the info on MPK please correct me as to it's what I found when I looked into it online.

On another note I should be getting my car back this week after doing a few more things to it. I replaced the OEM brakes with drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic brake pads. I'm also adding spacers so my wheels can sit flush with the flare to give it an even more aggressive look from behind. I'll post pics when I get it back from the shop.
I feel the MPPK is more the raw numbers. The adjustment to throttle/transmission timing and exhaust (particularly if you have the MPE) are also factors. Also, I chose the MPPK because longer term reliability is a key consideration and no better then to have tune my car than the manufacturer. Lastly, the MPPK is potentially a selling point that also adds value in the long-run. And there is some cache to having the official M Performance tune with the placard etc. Ultimately though, I agree there are more cost-effective options out there if you just go by the raw numbers.
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2021, 07:18 PM   #194
X5_msport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
+1

Quote:
I'm looking into getting the Magnum FORCE Stage 2 Si Cold Air Intake System - Pro 5R Filter and RaceChip GTS. The RaceChip adds 75 HP while the MPK only adds 35 HP. The price for the MPK is a little over 1k too so why opt for MPK? If I'm wrong about the info on MPK please correct me as to it's what I found when I looked into it online.

I feel the MPPK is more the raw numbers. The adjustment to throttle/transmission timing and exhaust (particularly if you have the MPE) are also factors. Also, I chose the MPPK because longer term reliability is a key consideration and no better then to have tune my car than the manufacturer. Lastly, the MPPK is potentially a selling point that also adds value in the long-run. And there is some cache to having the official M Performance tune with the placard etc. Ultimately though, I agree there are more cost-effective options out there if you just go by the raw numbers.
I have the MPE so I'm sure the MPPK would compliment it beautifully. I do agree with you on it being a better idea having the manufacturer tune it in case anything were to happen. Do you have an intake in your car?

Appreciate 1
jmack1231302.00
      09-19-2021, 10:54 PM   #195
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
+1

Quote:

I have the MPE so I'm sure the MPPK would compliment it beautifully. I do agree with you on it being a better idea having the manufacturer tune it in case anything were to happen. Do you have an intake in your car?

No intake on mine. If it added more performance benefit, I would have considered it, but it's more a sound augmentation mechanism than anything from what I understand. I am considering Racechip XLR actually. Definitely intrigued by combining that with MPPK.
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2021, 08:12 PM   #196
BMWofVS
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Been busy and haven’t done any mods since the 22’searlier this year but glad to hear you’re liking mppk investment . I’m sure you’re going to enjoy driving the beast even more when piggybacking it with racechip. I just might do the same once my warranty ends
Appreciate 1
jmack1231302.00
      09-22-2021, 02:10 PM   #197
X5_msport
United_States
Rep

After doing a little more research on a tune/chip I'm starting to think the MPPK might be the better option like some of you have mentioned. I've also come across an E-Flash Stage 1 ECU by ESS sold on ind-distribution that's caught my interest. Anybody know somebody who has this?

And now looking into this I think I want to also add a catless downpipe. The piece I'm looking at is from RG Sport and is called Evolution Racewerks Competition Series 4" Catless Downpipe. Has anyone added a catless or even catted downpipe to their X5 35i?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 05:01 PM   #198
blackoutF15
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x35i

Quote:
After doing a little more research on a tune/chip I'm starting to think the MPPK might be the better option like some of you have mentioned. I've also come across an E-Flash Stage 1 ECU by ESS sold on ind-distribution that's caught my interest. Anybody know somebody who has this?

And now looking into this I think I want to also add a catless downpipe. The piece I'm looking at is from RG Sport and is called Evolution Racewerks Competition Series 4" Catless Downpipe. Has anyone added a catless or even catted downpipe to their X5 35i?
If you go with mppk tune you won't be able to do DP without getting check engine light. I'm sure you don't want that. But yes the one you mentioned from RG sport is one you'd want to get. I heard good things about it
Appreciate 1