blakedunc235
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftness~ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jars914 View Post
Thanks for the upload man definitely sounds legit ����, have someone selling me the mpe and tips on the forum, but if the deal falls through I may consider using aftermarket tips . Thanks bro
He has BM3 with burble tune just the mpe won't sound nothing like that the burbles are much toned down
While that is true in terms of the burble the tone will remain the same. That's why I made sure to add the bm3 part so that there wouldn't be any confusion on the burble.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 12:16 PM   #24
blakedunc235
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakedunc235 View Post
Doing exactly what you just said would probably cost like 100 at an exhaust shop as opposed to 500 for the MPE finishers and I've driven and heard many n55s with the mpe. The tips don't change the sound unless you're drastically changing the diameter of the pipes coming from the muffler and even then I doubt it would change much.
Do you have first hand experience with non mpe finishers? Because it seems like all you did was change your tips onto a mpe finisher which is fine but that isn't what OP was inquiring about he clearly says if its ok to reuse his msport tips on a mpe which look exactly the same as mpe tips so no hes not talking about aftermarket tips he obviously wants to reuse the whole finisher. I have done extensive research here before I bought my mpe and I have yet to see a thread or a post stating the success of using non mpe finishers with the MPE matter of fact there are a few posts where people who have done this had terrible results and had to repurchase a mpe.

https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...;highlight=mpe
Heres one of many threads that caused drone because they welded there regular tips
Yes I have experience with n55s with mpe with and without the mpe finishers. They sound exactly the same. Mine does not have the factory mpe nor the m sport finishers. The pipes were welded to the muffler with the tips clamped on like most tips out there. I'm uploading another video now with me driving at 55 mph and no drone in the cabin. Sure if you stomp on it (like in the video) you will hear the exhaust but when you're just cruising along there's no exhaust drone. There were times in my road trip this weekend where I forgot I had it TBH. When I get off work I'll take a pic of the under carriage so everyone can see what I'm talking about
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 12:18 PM   #25
Jars914
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5 35i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the upload man definitely sounds legit ����, have someone selling me the mpe and tips on the forum, but if the deal falls through I may consider using aftermarket tips . Thanks bro
He has BM3 with burble tune just the mpe won't sound nothing like that the burbles are much toned down
While that is true in terms of the burble the tone will remain the same. That's why I made sure to add the bm3 part so that there wouldn't be any confusion on the burble.
Gotcha, my car is already out of warrantee so mayb I'll go wit the bm3 instead of the mppk I've been looking into
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 12:25 PM   #26
blakedunc235
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Gotcha, my car is already out of warrantee so mayb I'll go wit the bm3 instead of the mppk I've been looking into
Definitely do that. Join the fb group and you can find it for half off like I did. Plus it sets you up for future mods should you decide to do that. However! There's a big but. You have to make sure they you don't have the new March update first on your car. That locked the DME on the n55 and bm3 hadn't cracked it just yet. If you don't have that update like mine didn't then you'll be fine to flash it yourself if you have the OBD2 to Ethernet cable. I paid I think 300 for the tune.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 12:28 PM   #27
blakedunc235
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Doing exactly what you just said would probably cost like 100 at an exhaust shop as opposed to 500 for the MPE finishers and I've driven and heard many n55s with the mpe. The tips don't change the sound unless you're drastically changing the diameter of the pipes coming from the muffler and even then I doubt it would change much.
Do you have first hand experience with non mpe finishers? Because it seems like all you did was change your tips onto a mpe finisher which is fine but that isn't what OP was inquiring about he clearly says if its ok to reuse his msport tips on a mpe which look exactly the same as mpe tips so no hes not talking about aftermarket tips he obviously wants to reuse the whole finisher. I have done extensive research here before I bought my mpe and I have yet to see a thread or a post stating the success of using non mpe finishers with the MPE matter of fact there are a few posts where people who have done this had terrible results and had to repurchase a mpe.

Heres one of many threads that caused drone because they welded there regular tips
Once again you can be the judge

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 12:31 PM   #28
Jars914
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That sounds great 💪🏼
Appreciate 1
      11-11-2019, 12:31 PM   #29
blakedunc235
Private
Rep

I get more tire/road noise than anything
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 12:31 PM   #30
Jars914
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Definitely do that. Join the fb group and you can find it for half off like I did. Plus it sets you up for future mods should you decide to do that. However! There's a big but. You have to make sure they you don't have the new March update first on your car. That locked the DME on the n55 and bm3 hadn't cracked it just yet. If you don't have that update like mine didn't then you'll be fine to flash it yourself if you have the OBD2 to Ethernet cable. I paid I think 300 for the tune.
How do I find out if I have the March update
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 12:32 PM   #31
blakedunc235
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That sounds great 💪🏼
Thanks! I'll still be uploading a pic of the undercarriage when I get off as well if you or anyone else is interested.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 12:34 PM   #32
blakedunc235
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If you go in your idrive system and see what system update version you have you can email that and your engine platform to the bootmod3 folks and they will let you know
Appreciate 1
Jars914658.00
      11-11-2019, 12:35 PM   #33
Jars914
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If you go in your idrive system and see what system update version you have you can email that and your engine platform to the bootmod3 folks and they will let you know
Awesome thanks bro
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 12:11 AM   #34
Breezer88
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 F15 N55 M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by yewlock View Post
I have a MPE with Msport tips for sale soon. The MPE was bought new from dealer and had been used for 3 weeks with about 500-600 miles. My girl friend got a good deal on Macan few months ago.So she trade in the X5 The exhaust is stored in storage for few months now.

Clarification: Msport tips finisher with clamp and no flap that design to use with MPE (not original msport tips that welded together with the exhaust)
Hey, I'm interested in the MPe with finisher tips. I'm in the east bay how much?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 09:39 AM   #35
Shocks
Rep

Hey guys,

I don't want to start a new thread on this so I thought I will ask here.

For those who purchased the MPE online and shipped over, do you know the dimension of the 3 sides of the shipping box?

Thanks a lot guys.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 06:49 PM   #36
mrod81
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocks View Post
Hey guys,

I don't want to start a new thread on this so I thought I will ask here.

For those who purchased the MPE online and shipped over, do you know the dimension of the 3 sides of the shipping box?

Thanks a lot guys.
I left the box at the freight company but it was HUGE. I was pretty sure it wouldn't fit in the back of the X5 even with the seats folded down which is why I left it there. Sorry I can't be more detailed.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 06:33 PM   #37
Shocks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrod81 View Post
I left the box at the freight company but it was HUGE. I was pretty sure it wouldn't fit in the back of the X5 even with the seats folded down which is why I left it there. Sorry I can't be more detailed.
No worries mate, it is good enough to know so I will get it locally. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 03:05 PM   #38
Vdesai0326
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2015 bmw x5  [0.00]
I know it's an old thread but anyone selling their mpe????
Appreciate 0