BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-15-2016, 09:53 AM   #2685
quad_drive2
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35i M-Sport

I have the Standard sounds system in my current f15 X5 car, I had HK Sounds in my previous f15 X5. I noticed the EQ settings is not available in the standard sounds system. Is it possible to enable EQ settings through coding?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 12:48 AM   #2686
henry.xiao
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

i have done the coding on the weekend. absolutely great, thanks to Shawn.

but i'm just wondering. with coding, are we supposed to do the coding? why does it exist anyway?

is it kinda like jail-break in iphone, which we are not supposed to do, but done by hackers?

if it is really necessary, why does bmw not putting it in the car to start with?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 06:00 AM   #2687
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry.xiao View Post
...but i'm just wondering. with coding, are we supposed to do the coding? why does it exist anyway?
if it is really necessary, why does bmw not putting it in the car to start with?
Coding is for BMW AG, and not meant to be done by owner. Some of this is for Marketing reasons, so BMW can use same ECU's in same or different model cars, but enable / disable features based on Vehicle Options and Price points. Some of this is for Regulatory reasons, as what is allowed by law in some countries is not in others. If ECU's were not codeable, and instead were hard coded / fixed, the number of different ECU's needed for different Options and Markets would be astronomical, and a Inventory nightmare.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 02:42 PM   #2688
Rotzy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15, 2015 F83

Garage List
This may be a stupid question, but how can I easily test if my VLD coding is working with Bi-Xenon headlights? Should I be able to tell/test without ever leaving the garage?
      08-16-2016, 04:01 PM   #2689
Dr_Mac
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35D

I followed the excellent instructions from Shawn Sheridan and installed all the software exactly as outlined. I created the token and jotted down my pin (changing the program directory to point to the FreeToken.est that I created.)

When I get to the Edit FDL portion and enter my token pin, it wouldn't accept it saying "please enter correct pin for launcher premium." I've closed it all down, deleted the old FreeToken.est file and ran the E-Sys Launcher Premium again to create a new token/pin, with the same results.

I've searched the forum and can't seem to find what I'm doing wrong. Any advice?
Thank!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 05:35 PM   #2690
henry.xiao
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Mac View Post
I followed the excellent instructions from Shawn Sheridan and installed all the software exactly as outlined. I created the token and jotted down my pin (changing the program directory to point to the FreeToken.est that I created.)

When I get to the Edit FDL portion and enter my token pin, it wouldn't accept it saying "please enter correct pin for launcher premium." I've closed it all down, deleted the old FreeToken.est file and ran the E-Sys Launcher Premium again to create a new token/pin, with the same results.

I've searched the forum and can't seem to find what I'm doing wrong. Any advice?
Thank!

had the same issue. because i didn't read "E-Sys - Installation Instructions - v.12.pdf" properly.
i think what happened to you, was u didn't installed the software correctly.
pin is not the "1234" that you have input.
it shouldn't ask for pin if correctly installed.
"E-Sys - Installation Instructions - v.12.pdf",
in this file sent by shawn, it says copy paste one file to your c:/coding in memory. have a read of this file.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 08:06 PM   #2691
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Does anyone have the appropriate steps and codes for coding the OEM BBK (4 Corners)?

Vehicle has several items coded and dealer claims it will reset all the coding unless they have step by step instructions on how to manipulate and code the one specific module.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2016, 12:42 AM   #2692
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry.xiao View Post
had the same issue. because i didn't read "E-Sys - Installation Instructions - v.12.pdf" properly.
i think what happened to you, was u didn't installed the software correctly.
pin is not the "1234" that you have input.
it shouldn't ask for pin if correctly installed.
"E-Sys - Installation Instructions - v.12.pdf",
in this file sent by shawn, it says copy paste one file to your c:/coding in memory. have a read of this file.
I am not sure to which "one file" you are referring. An old setup guide, still present on some forum pages, had users copying directories. In ShawnSheridan's instructions, the only copying is Psdzdata.

The first time certain functions, like "FDL-Editor," E-sys may be ask them to enter PIN. After that, the newest launcher versions will not ask users to repeatedly enter PIN.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2016, 06:16 PM   #2693
Rotzy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotzy View Post
This may be a stupid question, but how can I easily test if my VLD coding is working with Bi-Xenon headlights? Should I be able to tell/test without ever leaving the garage?
I figured it out. It turns out, if you start the car (instead of just turning the ignition on) and put the lights in Auto, they start dancing like they should.
      08-17-2016, 09:07 PM   #2694
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Does anyone have the appropriate steps and codes for coding the OEM BBK (4 Corners)?

Vehicle has several items coded and dealer claims it will reset all the coding unless they have step by step instructions on how to manipulate and code the one specific module.

I believe this it below... Answering my question but posting it here for future reference in case any other member is looking:

=> Connect
=> Expert Mode
=> Coding
=> Read FA
=> Save FA
=> Editiors and viewers
=> FA-editor
=> Go to HO-Wort and right click on "Edit," then type "SBRE" under the HO-Wort file
=> Select the FA, right click "Enable FA" and "Calculate FA" to verify that no errors are found after adding the SBRE
=> Check the vehicle profile to locate the "" aftermarket retrofit "and check" that you see something about 19 inch sport brake, forgot what specifically it said....note there is nothing about 20 or 21 inch because the. M performance brake kit for f15 supports 19 inch and up... It's four piston front not six that comes with f85 "has been added to the file
=> Write (write) FA to your car. No confirmation window will appear after saving the FA to the car
=> Expert Mode
=> Coding
=> Read (read) the FA. You are able to see SBRE be added to the HO-Wort folder on your car.
=> Read SVT, and locate the "DSC" (File Folder SVT / ECU / DSC), then right-click the "DSC" folder and select "Code". Consolidation should start immediately.
=> Allow the coding is over, and repeat step 1 to save a copy of the new FA.
=> Disconnect the car's computer. Ready to go it's done.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 04:11 AM   #2695
smm68
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: X1 x25d

Anybody can help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smm68 View Post
hello I have a little problem with esys and esys launcher.
I managed to do some coding correctly, but I used the trick of shifting date forward because I had to change the car series.
A month has now passed since then, and I was hoping that with the date catching up everything would be reset
to nominal, but no if I do not shift date forward esys does not work properly.
I tried to uninstall and do a clean reinstall again but did not fix the issue.
Any idea on how to fix this?

my configuration is:
e-sys 3.27.1
launcher premium 2.5.3.108
psdzdata lite 58.3
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 02:58 AM   #2696
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Anybody can help?
You should not be launching E-sys (ie "Launch Now!" button) with shifted date.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 11:31 AM   #2697
smm68
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
You should not be launching E-sys (ie "Launch Now!" button) with shifted date.
Too late! That's what I did by mistake. Any way to recover the situation?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 12:18 PM   #2698
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Too late! That's what I did by mistake. Any way to recover the situation?
Quickly browsing through the computer, if I had to guess, launcher premium isn't deleting the folders in appdata on an uninstall.

I would do an uninstall, then go into c:\users\"username"\appdata\local and appdata\roaming and delete the launcher premium folders.

Then reinstall the app.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 12:40 PM   #2699
Chem14
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Quote:
Turn your brights on
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 02:37 AM   #2700
smm68
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
Quickly browsing through the computer, if I had to guess, launcher premium isn't deleting the folders in appdata on an uninstall.

I would do an uninstall, then go into c:\users\"username"\appdata\local and appdata\roaming and delete the launcher premium folders.

Then reinstall the app.
Thanks this seems a good hint. I will try it (I tried cleaning the registry after uninstall but did not work)
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 04:08 PM   #2701
Rotzy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Changes to the Cheat Sheet.

KOMBI/HUD startup logo: The options on my '16 F15 with the US instrument cluster are below. Some of these are not in the cheat sheet:
bmw
mpm = "M550d"
mpm_x5_high = "X5M50d"
mpm_x6 = "X6M50d"
mpm_x5_mid = "M50d"
mpm_x4 = "X4M40i"
phev = "eDrive"

Unlock when STOP Engine:
(newer software) CLI_DEFAULT_UNLOCK_AFTER_END_OF_DRIVING - Did not exist in my software.
(older software) VAM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK - This does exist, but I did not have the aktiv option.
      08-24-2016, 01:42 PM   #2702
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Changes to the Cheat Sheet.

KOMBI/HUD startup logo: The options on my '16 F15 with the US instrument cluster are below. Some of these are not in the cheat sheet:
bmw
mpm = "M550d"
mpm_x5_high = "X5M50d"
mpm_x6 = "X6M50d"
mpm_x5_mid = "M50d"
mpm_x4 = "X4M40i"
phev = "eDrive"

Unlock when STOP Engine:
(newer software) CLI_DEFAULT_UNLOCK_AFTER_END_OF_DRIVING - Did not exist in my software.
(older software) VAM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK - This does exist, but I did not have the aktiv option.
See line 32, 55, 56
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 03:31 PM   #2703
Rotzy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
See line 32, 55, 56
Line 32 is missing some options, so I listed the additional options and what they do.

Line 55 does not have the "aktiv" option when trying to edit FDL in my car. I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue?
      08-24-2016, 06:28 PM   #2704
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Line 32 is missing some options, so I listed the additional options and what they do.

Line 55 does not have the "aktiv" option when trying to edit FDL in my car. I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue?
Re line 32: my xdrive40e comes as phev. I am not sure how many F15/F16 owners want phev or x4 listed in their cluster. Otherwise they are listed, but does not hurt to include.

Re line 55: That was the original function. For cars, P3.59 and above, they must use line 56.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 02:38 PM   #2705
shahdad.lotfi
Rep
Drives: X5 35i

Dear experts, I would like to ask you kindly if possible to send me a link to the latest PsdZData available up to date. I have followed all the instructions to enable GFHB for the newer versions of X5 (production date post 2016) but it seems that it is not working. Just to let you know I live in ITALY and I don't know why but the GFHB is not enabled by default which as I've understood, it is disabled by default in USA!
I suppose maybe old PsdZData is the problem preventing me to successfully enable the GFHB. The version I have is v59.2 lite, ESysLauncher 2.5.3 build 108. Also in the first step of the instructions it is mentioned to remove 5AP and 8S4 from FA, but it seems that I don't have those enteries present in my FA.
I have one other questions from you and that is How is it possible to revert back all the codings to the time I started coding? I have everything backed up!
Thanks again from all
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 05:42 PM   #2706
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahdad.lotfi View Post
Dear experts, I would like to ask you kindly if possible to send me a link to the latest PsdZData available up to date. I have followed all the instructions to enable GFHB for the newer versions of X5 (production date post 2016) but it seems that it is not working. Just to let you know I live in ITALY and I don't know why but the GFHB is not enabled by default which as I've understood, it is disabled by default in USA!
I suppose maybe old PsdZData is the problem preventing me to successfully enable the GFHB. The version I have is v59.2 lite, ESysLauncher 2.5.3 build 108. Also in the first step of the instructions it is mentioned to remove 5AP and 8S4 from FA, but it seems that I don't have those enteries present in my FA.
I have one other questions from you and that is How is it possible to revert back all the codings to the time I started coding? I have everything backed up!
Thanks again from all
If you can read all ECU's without error, then updating your PSdZData will get you nothing. You only need new PSdZData if you can't read an ECU. If you can read ECU, then what you get is a function of the ECU firmware itself, not the PSdZData used to access it.

If 5AP and 8S4, which are the crippling codes for GFHB and VLD, are not present in your FA, then why do you say they are disabled in Italian car?

If you want to reset a module to original factory settings, simply activate original FA and VO Code the ECU. You do not need to restore any backup file.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 1