BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-17-2017, 12:26 AM   #1
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

Vredestein Ultra Vorti Review

First off big shout out to Lucille @Sander Performance in NJ. Without her compassion and understanding i would be stranded and not able to write this review, Not big in the X5m scene but an authorized dealer for BBS, Vossen and of course Vredestein Tires.

If you haven't seen my previous post about Pirelli discontinuing the 295/30/22 and 335/25/22 ( pretty much the only tire option for us running 22's) I was high and dry looking to replace my tires after i found out that my wires were showing on my pirelli's. I did call several dealers over a month ago to check stock on the Vredesteins and everyone had plenty. Guess word spread quickly and Pirelli old stock ran out the Vredestein went into back order overnight.

From my understanding Vredestein is the only US tire available in that size. Conti has their euro version back a couple of weeks ago but now no longer seeing that online anymore.

After calling too many Vredestein dealers stating they had stock but found out they did not i was desperate and needed tires asap. I ended calling Vredestein direct and they confirmed back ordered for 5-6 weeks. Wasn't going to work for me. After some digging Anil at Vredestein hooked me up with Lucille at Sander knowing they ordered several sets a week earlier. It was worth a shot and Lucille understood my issue, was capassionate and agreed to sell her last set to
me. She kept me in the loop, searched for the cheapest shipping all in a favor that i asked.

So to the review, driven around 200 miles and wanted to put some miles on before writing the review. The Ultra Vorti have great reviews but only in Europe and have not found a US review yet. Take in mind, these are 22's tires on a highly capable SUV none the less not a sports car. If i wanted to compare these to the Pirelli Asimetrico there is no comparison. The Vredestein are quieter, provide more grip and feel more like a Michelin PSS. Tread pattern is very similar to the PSS. I am in sunny California and the record rain falls is over. So dry grip is outstanding. Can't comment on wet grip yet. I was actually pretty happy with the wet grip and light snow of the Pirelli and they were made for all season compared to the Vredestein summer tire. They are more expensive that the Pirelli and around 300 more for the set. They might drop in price as more dealers pick up the the brand

So i more than happy with the purchase despite it only being our only option in those sizes.

Vredestein should have stock in the next 3 week
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 08:40 AM   #2
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

My experience with the Continental Sport Contact 6 tire in the 295/335 22" tire combo is the same as yours compared to the Pirelli Asimetrico tires. The conti SC6 is meant to compete with the PSS so its in that caliber of tires. The pirelli tire design has been out for over a decade and its old technology. We had no choice but to run them in 22" sizes because no other brand was so easily obtainable. Now since every tire is harder to get you might as well get the best tire for this application. I ordered my tires from Baan Velgen over in europe and shipped to me within a week. The tires look great, much much quieter and has amazing grip both wet and dry. What completely shocked me was that these summer tires actually rides smoother than the old all season Pirellis even though I have slightly higher air pressures in them. I always thought i handicapped my X5M with those pirelli tires. That's not the case anymore....

Last edited by Alan l.; 05-17-2017 at 08:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 10:39 AM   #3
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

I tried contacting Baan based on your recommendation twice with no response. Had to move on but the conti would of been my first choice. They also have rave reviews competing with the ps4. Heard the tread pattern is even more similar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
My experience with the Continental Sport Contact 6

tire in the 295/335 22" tire combo is the same as yours compared to the Pirelli Asimetrico tires. The conti SC6 is meant to compete with the PSS so its in that caliber of tires. The pirelli tire design has been out for over a decade and its old technology. We had no choice but to run them in 22" sizes because no other brand was so easily obtainable. Now since every tire is harder to get you might as well get the best tire for this application. I ordered my tires from Baan Velgen over in europe and shipped to me within a week. The tires look great, much much quieter and has amazing grip both wet and dry. What completely shocked me was that these summer tires actually rides smoother than the old all season Pirellis even though I have slightly higher air pressures in them. I always thought i handicapped my X5M with those pirelli tires. That's not the case anymore....
Appreciate 0