BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-11-2016, 05:01 PM   #23
Luca42
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by gan23 View Post
For 2017, the added cost is the same. 2900$ according to the pricing guide.
As for the additionnal delay, anywhere from 1 to 3 months I believe.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/pdf/bmw-pr...cing-Guide.pdf
Confirmed. This is the pricing and additional time (+2 months) that I encountered in ordering mine (2016 X5 M).
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 10:20 AM   #24
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...4&d=1456292187

Does anyone have a document like this for the other individual interior colors or a comprehensive one for all the colors?
      05-25-2017, 11:03 AM   #25
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillin4now View Post
http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...4&d=1456292187

Does anyone have a document like this for the other individual interior colors or a comprehensive one for all the colors?
BOOM
Attached Images
File Type: pdf F85-F86_Color%20Linked%20Parts_08-15.pdf (37.4 KB, 264 views)
      05-25-2017, 04:13 PM   #26
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca42 View Post
Confirmed. This is the pricing and additional time (+2 months) that I encountered in ordering mine (2016 X5 M).
Luca
Was the 2 month delivery time based on the Individual selections that are available on the configurator, or did you go "off menu" and make selections that aren't on the configurator?
      05-25-2017, 05:24 PM   #27
Luca42
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Luca
Was the 2 month delivery time based on the Individual selections that are available on the configurator, or did you go "off menu" and make selections that aren't on the configurator?
At the time I ordered smoke white, it was not available in the configurator in the US (September 2015). It was added later.

My order was placed late September and the car was completed mid-November.

I'm not sure it's possible to go fully "off menu." Even though smoke white was not available on the US configurator, it was available and posted on the Canadian and European websites at the time. Since all the X5s are made in the US, I figured it was a marketing deficiency, not an inability to manufacture those selections.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 08:03 AM   #28
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca42 View Post
At the time I ordered smoke white, it was not available in the configurator in the US (September 2015). It was added later.

My order was placed late September and the car was completed mid-November.

I'm not sure it's possible to go fully "off menu." Even though smoke white was not available on the US configurator, it was available and posted on the Canadian and European websites at the time. Since all the X5s are made in the US, I figured it was a marketing deficiency, not an inability to manufacture those selections.
I was operating under the same philosophy, if you see it on any of the international websites, it can be done. I believe you can still do just about anything, but am being told the US is not very good at full individual orders and it can take up to a year or so.

So ruby black or pyrite for example are both options elsewhere, so why cant they do it here. Sounds like they can but it will take some time, that I don't have.

I guess the real answer I am searching for is, do the "individual" options listed on the US website add any additional time to the build, and if so how much. Also, how much actual time would it add to go off menu?
      05-26-2017, 02:25 PM   #29
Luca42
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I was operating under the same philosophy, if you see it on any of the international websites, it can be done. I believe you can still do just about anything, but am being told the US is not very good at full individual orders and it can take up to a year or so.

So ruby black or pyrite for example are both options elsewhere, so why cant they do it here. Sounds like they can but it will take some time, that I don't have.

I guess the real answer I am searching for is, do the "individual" options listed on the US website add any additional time to the build, and if so how much. Also, how much actual time would it add to go off menu?
Pyrite brown can be done (just like azurite). Not sure about ruby black. Neither should add any appreciable time.

With the options on the US website (for the Individual selections), it should add 2 to 4 weeks to a standard order, all things being considered. So, if you are doing a black sapphire metallic/full black car AND they have a production slot, your car might be ready in 7-10 days. The elements that make that car are readily available. (Plus the chances are great that they are already building a car to those specifications and will just shift to allocate it to you, if not accounted for).

Should you decide to build an Individual pyrite brown/smoke white X5 M, I would expect that car to roll off the production line 30 days after the BSM/FB above. Part of the delay is producing the Individual interior. They may even delay putting your build in the queue until the interior is done. Individual paints (at least azurite and pyrite) can be done in SC, but I believe they require an additional step over standard paints and that may add to the wait time.

In all, I would say an Individual car with the limited US website options will take about 6 weeks from start to finish (i.e., submission of final options to rolling off the production line). Depending on where you are in the country, your car can be to you in less than 2 weeks after that.
Appreciate 0