BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

12-06-2014, 04:29 AM   #23
tnikolov
Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40d,Porsche 911 Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnikolov View Post
any plans to sell it in Europe?
We can send pre-programmed units anywhere in the world. Just need to call in to the sales department and they can get the process started if interested.
Thanks for your reply! Much appreciated.

I guess if I order it I'd have to have some local guy install it for me?

When you mentioned warranty, how exactly do you cover warranty at the moment bmw isn't? Is it you guys who pay for the repair or how does it work? And do you also do that in Europe?
Retired - 2011 F10 550i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #24
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnikolov View Post
Thanks for your reply! Much appreciated.

I guess if I order it I'd have to have some local guy install it for me?

When you mentioned warranty, how exactly do you cover warranty at the moment bmw isn't? Is it you guys who pay for the repair or how does it work? And do you also do that in Europe?
You can have a local guy install it or you could do it yourself. The only special thing you need to have the ability to be able to do as mentioned in a previous post is the ability to clear fault codes at one point of the process.

Put in the simplest terms, The BMW warranty and the Dinan warranty run concurrently so if for some reason BMW denies the warranty claim due to Dinan then Dinan would simply step in and pay for the repair. One way or another your vehicle is covered by someone so there is no risk of being given the short end of the stick with some monumental repair bill.

International warranty in general is a complex subject that you really should discuss with someone much more versed in the subject then I on. I would contact our office and reach out to Scott Leandres at extension 2105 and he would be able to help you much better then I on the caveats of international coverage.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2014, 12:01 PM   #25
tnikolov
Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40d,Porsche 911 Turbo S

Thank you very much! Very helpful!
Retired - 2011 F10 550i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 05:47 PM   #26
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
That is what we had been told in the past but until I see a diesel vehicle in the shop being worked on I personally will acknowledge a "for sure" existence of the product.

The only gasoline cars we have yet to finish a tune for are the remainder of the "X" line (X1, X3, and X4), the "Z" line, and the F30 320i. Technically there is also the hybrid models but I am unsure if we plan on tackling them or not as they have never been explicitly discussed. Regardless, the remaining X and Z models we are hopeful to release before Christmas but depending on production may be early in January (the holidays are horrible for future planning). The 320i tune would be shortly thereafter...
Any idea if the the F25 will see similar gains? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 05:58 PM   #27
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf View Post
Any idea if the the F25 will see similar gains? Thanks.
The 35i models will all be very similar with the 360 HP / 392 lb-ft. The 28i models would be in line with the n20 F3x cars which are getting 311 HP / 327 lb-ft. Keep in mind that the X1 35i vehicle is actually still using an older style ECU and is software compatible, not DINANTRONICS compatible. Same can be said for the Z4 35i vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 08:18 PM   #28
OuKEnFoLdMX
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Quote:
The 35i models will all be very similar with the 360 HP / 392 lb-ft. The 28i models would be in line with the n20 F3x cars which are getting 311 HP / 327 lb-ft. Keep in mind that the X1 35i vehicle is actually still using an older style ECU and is software compatible, not DINANTRONICS compatible. Same can be said for the Z4 35i vehicles.
@Dinan_Engineering and whats the diference of tecnology of dinan that give me 360 HP / 392 lb-ft. to the race chip ultimate that give me 389 hp / 378 lb-ft ? i see dinan give more torque but why racechip give more HP? thanks
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #29
batmanken
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i Msport

that much gain in hp with just a stage 1 tune? I'm in!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 07:23 PM   #30
Wardman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15 X5d

Any update on a 35d tune from Dinan?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 11:39 PM   #31
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardman View Post
Any update on a 35d tune from Dinan?
Still working on the last few gasoline cars (320i being the only "major" one left). After which we have been told we will start working on the diesels. I personally won't believe it till I see a car in the shop but that's what they tell me anyway...
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2015, 08:42 PM   #32
eyeloveteeth
Private
Rep
Drives: Wood Hauler

Quote:
Still working on the last few gasoline cars (320i being the only "major" one left). After which we have been told we will start working on the diesels. I personally won't believe it till I see a car in the shop but that's what they tell me anyway...
Do you mind explaining how the Dinan system works? Is it like APR? where they are reflashing the ECU via OBDII port?

OR is this more similar to something like Heico Sportiv, where there is a physical box that "bridges" from the ECU?

Meaning, all the top engine compartment trims come out, windshield, etc etc...and there is a cartridge/bridge sitting inside the engine bay.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2015, 09:38 PM   #33
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F15 X5 M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeloveteeth View Post
Do you mind explaining how the Dinan system works? Is it like APR? where they are reflashing the ECU via OBDII port?

OR is this more similar to something like Heico Sportiv, where there is a physical box that "bridges" from the ECU?

Meaning, all the top engine compartment trims come out, windshield, etc etc...and there is a cartridge/bridge sitting inside the engine bay.
Its a piggyback
      01-31-2015, 01:25 AM   #34
nvars
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Has anyone installed this? And if so how is it?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2015, 01:55 AM   #35
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvars
Has anyone installed this? And if so how is it?
I think you need to do a search or try different forums instead of just asking the same question on a different threads but still in the same forum.
We all majority are gonna be the same people that will read and may response to your 1 question at different threads.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 02:51 PM   #36
TomTarzian
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche Macan Turbo

Dinantronics for F15 X5 50i

My BMW dealer, Dreyer & Reinhold of Greenwood, IN, installed Dinantronics on our F15 X5 50i last week. I finally got to drive it the last two days and it's fabulous. Throttle response is much improved as is transmission shifting (I'm told by Dinan due to altered fueling parameters between shifts). And the truck makes even better "popping" sounds, etc., on trailing throttle. The power is impressive, too. ;-) You ride an enormous wave of torque all the way to red line. Highly recommended, even though pricey.

God bless,
Tom
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 07:44 PM   #37
42pilot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTarzian View Post
My BMW dealer, Dreyer & Reinhold of Greenwood, IN, installed Dinantronics on our F15 X5 50i last week. I finally got to drive it the last two days and it's fabulous. Throttle response is much improved as is transmission shifting (I'm told by Dinan due to altered fueling parameters between shifts). And the truck makes even better "popping" sounds, etc., on trailing throttle. The power is impressive, too. ;-) You ride an enormous wave of torque all the way to red line. Highly recommended, even though pricey.

God bless,
Tom
You bring up another important difference with Dinan over any other chip available. They are the only tuner that "tunes" the transmission as well. They do this by increasing the pressure to the valve bodies and locking the torque converter at lower rpm's to produce a very solid and neck snapping shift. This is why I like Dinan - everything is engineered to work together. Therefore, you will have to pay.
      02-06-2015, 09:04 PM   #38
turbotoy4me
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Garage List
2015 Porsche Macan ...  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2020 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTarzian View Post

God bless,
Tom
Thanks for the update. I have been waiting for someone with a 50i to get this installed. I was planning on installing it in a month or two. I understand this is installed for performance. That being said have you noticed any difference in your fuel economy. I have the 50i also and did not buy it for fuel economy, just curious..
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 10:29 PM   #39
TomTarzian
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

My general impression is the fuel economy doesn't seem to suffer in normal driving. But I've only driven our X5 with Dinantronics for two days so take my general impression with a grain or two of salt. Maybe the folks from Dinan can address your question better than I can?

God bless,
Tom
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 10:58 PM   #40
Aaron in Denver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i M-Sport

Tom- think lots of 50i owners will be sending questions your way as the first on the board who has posted actual driving impressions on the Dinan tune.

I have noticed some turbo lag in the 50, as well as a slight delay in throttle response that seems more like a delay in the elctronics. Do you think the Dinan tune has made for less turbo lag, or have you noticed "sharper" response from the throttle as well? Sorry if that isnt a very clear question.

Please post more thoughts as you get more time with it. Congrats!

Aaron in Denver
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2015, 08:14 PM   #41
TomTarzian
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron in Denver View Post
Tom- think lots of 50i owners will be sending questions your way as the first on the board who has posted actual driving impressions on the Dinan tune.

I have noticed some turbo lag in the 50, as well as a slight delay in throttle response that seems more like a delay in the elctronics. Do you think the Dinan tune has made for less turbo lag, or have you noticed "sharper" response from the throttle as well? Sorry if that isnt a very clear question.

Please post more thoughts as you get more time with it. Congrats!

Aaron in Denver
Aaron, when I first got the X5 at the beginning of January there was a funny hesitation and then almost a lunge when starting off from a stop. That's gone. Throttle response is so much smoother and it seems completely linear. Shifting is way better, and it wasn't bad before. The power is awesome. As I said earlier, you feel you and this two and a half ton truck are riding a gigantic wave of torque all the way to redline...and then again...and then again... ;-) I had an X5M and I like this truck better than that one. I highly recommend this modification.

God bless,
Tom
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2015, 09:07 PM   #42
shodanusmc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 135 Vert

Thanks Tom. My X5 5.0 will arrive in a few weeks. Been thinking real strongly about the Dinan.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 08:50 AM   #43
cit1991
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i

Tom: Thanks for the real world review. I've been waiting to read one for the 50i.

I'm all broken in now and seriously thinking about getting one of these. My last Dinan chip, was literally a chip (2 actually) for my old '92 75iL.

Hoping others chime in with more reviews.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 01:30 PM   #44
cenix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

Does Dinan also tune the transmission software? Is it sportier than the sport transmission?
Appreciate 0