BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

04-05-2017, 10:33 AM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Lightbulb BMW Ultimate Driving Experience, 6 City Driving Program, to Kick-Off April 13-23

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW Ultimate Driving Experience, 6 City Driving Program to Kick-Off April 13-23
COMMENTS

• Participants will Experience a Full-Range of BMW Vehicles Including Plug-In Hybrid Electric iPerformance Models and the All-New BMW 5 Series.
  • Highlights Include: A Dynamic, Behind-the-Wheel “Ultimate Driver” Competition and A Teen Driving School Course Based on the Program Taught at the BMW Performance Centers.
  • New “Ultimate Driver” Competition will Culminate with a Trip to the BMW Performance Center West in Thermal, CA.

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – April 5, 2017… BMW is back with the Ultimate Driving Experience, a six-city nationwide driving program that will provide consumers with the opportunity to get behind the wheel and experience the full BMW lineup. Highlights of the event include a new “Ultimate Driver” competition and a BMW Teen Driving School course based on the program taught at the BMW Performance Centers in Spartanburg, SC, and Thermal, CA.

The Ultimate Driving Experience highlights dynamic behind-the-wheel driving programs featuring a full range of BMW vehicles, from BMW i and iPerformance vehicles to BMW M and M Performance vehicles, including the all-new BMW 5 Series. The first Ultimate Driving Experience kicks off on April 13-23, 2017, at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey. The tour will also be making the following stops:
  • Los Angeles, CA, at Santa Anita Park (May 11-21);
  • San Francisco, CA, at Cow Palace (August 11-17);
  • Dallas, TX, at Lone Star Park (September 2-10);
  • Chicago, IL, at Arlington Park (October 14-22);
  • New York, NY, at Citi Field (November 2-12).
“The Ultimate Driving Experience gives drivers from across the country the opportunity to get behind the wheel of a BMW and experience firsthand why our brand is at the top of its class,” said Trudy Hardy, Vice President of Marketing, BMW of North America. “Further, drivers participating in the teen driving school, autocross or M control clinic will develop their own skills, gaining experience and confidence while learning under the guidance of our BMW Performance Center instructors.”

The Ultimate Driving Experience features immersive experiences including:
  • Autocross, a two-hour challenging, closed-course driving program featuring the all-new BMW 5 Series. Attendees are paired with BMW’s professional driving instructors for a dynamic experience that highlights advanced driving theories, defensive driving techniques and culminates in a pulse-pounding hot-lap around the track;
  • M Car Control Clinic, an eight-hour driving school that allows drivers to get behind the wheel of the powerful BMW M3 or M4 for an adrenaline-filled day of driving with individual instruction from BMW-certified professional driving instructors from the BMW Performance Centers. Drivers will develop a sharper understanding of BMW’s responsive handling and performance, while learning advanced driving theory. The M Car Control Clinic is offered for a fee of $750 per person.
  • Street Drives that allow for free, 20-minute, self-guided test drives of a full range of BMW vehicles.
  • Teen Driving School, a free, fully interactive two-hour teen driving course utilizing the BMW X1 and BMW 230i. The Teen Driving School will provide an introduction to driving theory and improving driving skills through classroom instruction, driver awareness activities and hands-on driving exercises. Education about the consequences of distracted driving is a main focus, with special emphasis on texting while driving and how it affects not only teens – but everyone who drives a vehicle. Eligible drivers ages 15-20 with a valid learner's permit or driver’s license can register for the school.
For the first time, BMW will also introduce the “Ultimate Driver” competition for drivers participating in the Autocross and M Car Control Clinics at each stop. All participating drivers will compete in a pulse-pounding, timed lap at the conclusion of their session, and the top drivers from each Ultimate Driving Experience stop will move on to the session finals to compete in an exciting event at the BMW Performance Center West track in Thermal, CA. The winner will be named The Ultimate Driver.

For more information and to register for The BMW Ultimate Driving Experience visit: bmwusa.com/ude or call 800-558-4BMW (4269). Location and dates subject to change.

Promo video:

Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 2
YWGT3362.50
      04-05-2017, 10:38 AM   #2
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

I did this three years ago. Great event for regular drivers like me. Guys (and Gals) that track their car may be bored, I don't know. If you haven't done it and you live within spitting distance of one of the 5 cities, do yourself a favor and register.
Appreciate 2
Brake_Late1936.50
      04-05-2017, 12:26 PM   #3
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
I did this three years ago. Great event for regular drivers like me. Guys (and Gals) that track their car may be bored, I don't know. If you haven't done it and you live within spitting distance of one of the 5 cities, do yourself a favor and register.
It's not an HPDE.. but it is a fun event with a little Autocross and a chance to see all the available models and some M performance products.

It'a definitely geared for the casual enthusiast.

I'm already signed up for the updates on the Dallas event. Thanks to the Dfw area dealers for bringing it to the area
Appreciate 1
F87LUV3688.00
      04-05-2017, 12:26 PM   #4
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post

M Car Control Clinic, an eight-hour driving school that allows drivers to get behind the wheel of the powerful BMW M3 or M4 for an adrenaline-filled day of driving with individual instruction from BMW-certified professional driving instructors from the BMW Performance Centers. Drivers will develop a sharper understanding of BMW’s responsive handling and performance, while learning advanced driving theory. The M Car Control Clinic is offered for a fee of $750 per person.
Any chance the M CCC will have an M2?

I'm signed up for it either way. Also doing my first BMWCCA HPDE this weekend.
      04-05-2017, 12:31 PM   #5
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Quote:
What does the autocross track look like and how fast can you drive?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 12:31 PM   #6
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
There might be swag...

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 12:46 PM   #7
kechang
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP & 2014 Cayenne GTS

does anyone know if BMW offers any type of "coupon" for attending these events like $500-1000 off purchase of a new car?

This could come in handy on my upcoming purchase, Lexus used to offer this type of event and give attendee $750 certificate toward new cars

Last edited by kechang; 05-15-2017 at 05:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 12:48 PM   #8
banff
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kechang View Post
does anyone know if BMW offers any type of "coupon" for attending these events like $500-1000 off purchase of a new car?

This could come in handy on my upcoming purchase, Lexus used to offer this type of event and give attendee $750 certificate toward new cars
They have offered coupons in the past for these events. usually in the price range you mentioned.

For anyone wondering these events are a blast and great to bring your spouse to!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 12:56 PM   #9
mookie45
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW 340i M-Sport

Nothing for Miami?
      04-05-2017, 01:00 PM   #10
FadyDizzle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

I did a similar event Cadillac hosted back in 2009 I believe when they launched their new CTS-V. Sounds exactly like the autocross event, so I'm looking forward to the Metlife one in a couple weeks as I live about an hour away and am registered for that. Depending on when my new 5 series arrives at my dealer, maybe I'll drive it up there (although I definitely wouldn't use it on the track even if that was an option lol).
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #11
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 FIREORANGE2

Quote:
I'm there
Arcadia and Thermal
BMWPhotoVin, 01of01, GTS DCT, EPS, MDM,
CS EDC,Analog Dip ,GTS parts.
Euro Vin e30 M3, FIA cage / 14.7 p / w ratio.
Euro E30 touring G30 MSport i3s LBB X5M
3.2carrera

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClRTsfNzuz_EjUBu59UCykA
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 01:05 PM   #12
StealthFish
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: FR F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
It's not an HPDE.. but it is a fun event with a little Autocross and a chance to see all the available models and some M performance products.

It'a definitely geared for the casual enthusiast.

I'm already signed up for the updates on the Dallas event. Thanks to the Dfw area dealers for bringing it to the area
I too did sign up for notifications. Is this event worth the drive from Houston? I have autocross and done a track event. I am wondering if it is like the Mini Cooper event where you get like 3 small circuits and have other family activities as well?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 01:13 PM   #13
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
What does the autocross track look like and how fast can you drive?
It is flat and has turns in it with lots of cones

Seriously, there are a couple of courses. They are tight by design to keep the speed down. I'm guessing we don't get over 35 or 40mph. My group had an instructor who was a female drifting champion of some kind. She took us for a lap in a 535i and showed us how it was done. Incredible what she did with that tank errr sports sedan. Anyway, her demonstration really showed how well these cars stay in control (with the nannys). I was much more confident to let it rip when I was driving after seeing what she could do with the car. I got fastest time and no cones knocked down. It was pure luck. It did give me a new appreciation for the capabilities of the 5er. I switched to the F30 because the 5 was getting so big.

Anyway, BMW puts on a great event. Totally worth the time.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 01:36 PM   #14
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87LUV View Post

I read M3 and M4s. I signed up for the autocross. I'm assuming it will be like the track portion of Performance Center Delivery.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 01:43 PM   #15
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Quote:
It is flat and has turns in it with lots of cones

Seriously, there are a couple of courses. They are tight by design to keep the speed down. I'm guessing we don't get over 35 or 40mph. My group had an instructor who was a female drifting champion of some kind. She took us for a lap in a 535i and showed us how it was done. Incredible what she did with that tank errr sports sedan. Anyway, her demonstration really showed how well these cars stay in control (with the nannys). I was much more confident to let it rip when I was driving after seeing what she could do with the car. I got fastest time and no cones knocked down. It was pure luck. It did give me a new appreciation for the capabilities of the 5er. I switched to the F30 because the 5 was getting so big.

Anyway, BMW puts on a great event. Totally worth the time.
Will they let ya drift.. lol the tires will be bald by mid-day..do ya lose time for knocking down cones???
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 01:49 PM   #16
Who's on first
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A-10C

3 of us are going to the Met Life M CCC. 1st time for all of us.

We shall see.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 01:54 PM   #17
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
Will they let ya drift.. lol the tires will be bald by mid-day..do ya lose time for knocking down cones???
Not really drifting I don't think because the nannies were on. I'm no expert, but it felt like the back was swinging out.

Yes, you are penalized timewise for knocking over cones.

I'm sure the tires are toast after a day. BMW spends a lot of money putting on this event. I think it is first class. Go check it out for yourself.

Report back!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 02:03 PM   #18
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's on first View Post
3 of us are going to the Met Life M CCC. 1st time for all of us.

We shall see.
What day? I'm going 4/20.
      04-05-2017, 02:04 PM   #19
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Quote:

I read M3 and M4s. I signed up for the autocross. I'm assuming it will be like the track portion of Performance Center Delivery.
I'm going the M CCC and signed up for the auto cross later in the week. I doubt I'll even go. Not that interested in 5ers.
      04-05-2017, 03:00 PM   #20
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Cow Palace?

Lol
Appreciate 1
Brake_Late1936.50
      04-05-2017, 03:09 PM   #21
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Cow Palace?

Lol
It doesn't make sense unless you're from this area...

It's a fairground that was used as a popular livestock pavilion for farmers... Now they hold all sorts of events, concerts and other stuff there. The Golden State Warriors and San Jose Sharks used to play there. The Cow Palace twice hosted the Republican National Convention too...
      04-05-2017, 03:15 PM   #22
Who's on first
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A-10C

Quote:
What day? I'm going 4/20.
ah, 19th.
Appreciate 0