BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-14-2022, 06:45 PM   #1
1norseman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

For you with H&R VTF; Grease the links...

So, I'm on week two trying to get my alignment right. Been a circus of mistakes by shops, and I just spent half hr adjusting things again myself, just so I can drive the car. Going back for alignment next week, hoping this will be the final one.

Anyway, the short of the story is; I highly suggest disconnecting the adjustable links from the VTF kit, and make sure the ball ends move freely. If not, take them apart and grease them.

My adjustable links were frozen up. I believe this put wear on the bearings of the height sensors for the air. Made them act up. Replaced one sensor already, and replacing the other one next week when it gets here.

Also, if you need an alignment, make sure you find a shop that knows how to work on vehicles with airbags.

Today I noticed they tried to adjust the sensors by turning the sensor brackets, and not letting the location pins do their job.
The other day a shop tried to tell me one of my VTF springs was wore out, and torqued it down to try to level the car...
UGH!
Appreciate 0