Vdesai0326
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
2015 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by happydude View Post
I got a little while ago but held off on install while I was getting extended warranty work done on the car for Dpf sensor and didn't want to risk them declining it. Just want to make sure some other codes for fuel injector don't pop back up and I'll probably look to install the next month or so.
Nice. Hope it works out, considering this before winter
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2022, 10:29 AM   #24
Joe87
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

Bump. Looking for remote start for 2020 g02 as well looking for recommendations
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2022, 10:53 AM   #25
ErikV55
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 xDrive35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydude View Post
I got a little while ago but held off on install while I was getting extended warranty work done on the car for Dpf sensor and didn’t want to risk them declining it. Just want to make sure some other codes for fuel injector don’t pop back up and I’ll probably look to install the next month or so.
Did you ever install it?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2022, 11:06 AM   #26
wyowolf
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i

That is one feature I miss, I could sit on the couch and start my Denali 2015 and let it warm up... I believe it ran for 10 min then shut off unless you got in it. a great feature.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 01:52 PM   #27
Vdesai0326
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2015 bmw x5  [0.00]
Hey everybody, so I received my remote start kit from bimmertech and I installed it. Installation wasn't bad at all. With the install instructions found two misprints, one being one of the wire colors and the other being the location of the ground. Nonetheless, I completed install and works flawlessly.
Product quality is also good.
Overall definitely worth the purchase

Any questions, feel free to ask
Appreciate 2
      11-19-2022, 11:05 PM   #28
Tomcat_F15_STL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdesai0326 View Post
Don't be shy.. what was your total cost? Did you have to purchase another key to leave in the vehicle?

I am glad you are pleased, btw. My wife complains about the lack of remote start every winter - really zero excuse for BMWs decision on that!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 11:43 PM   #29
Vdesai0326
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2015 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat_F15_STL View Post
Quote:
Don't be shy.. what was your total cost? Did you have to purchase another key to leave in the vehicle?

I am glad you are pleased, btw. My wife complains about the lack of remote start every winter - really zero excuse for BMWs decision on that!
So bimmertech is doing their Black Friday sale so got it shipped for $503-$509 can't remember. I already had 2 key fobs with blades so for now I just gave one up. I'll get around to getting a new one eventually. Install I did myself. So total $503-$509

Range is nothing compared to viper alarm/remote start or compustart or any of those but like I said it reaches from the house and when I'm at work.
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2022, 12:51 PM   #30
Tomcat_F15_STL
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So bimmertech is doing their Black Friday sale so got it shipped for $503-$509 can't remember. I already had 2 key fobs with blades so for now I just gave one up. I'll get around to getting a new one eventually. Install I did myself. So total $503-$509

Range is nothing compared to viper alarm/remote start or compustart or any of those but like I said it reaches from the house and when I'm at work.
Yup, you got me eating crow. I ordered mine!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 03:21 PM   #31
Vdesai0326
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2015 bmw x5  [0.00]
One thing I forgot to mention, which is a given, the car shuts off depending on the time you set it for or when you get to your car and open the door.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 11:28 PM   #32
spit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F15 x35i

Quote:
One thing I forgot to mention, which is a given, the car shuts off depending on the time you set it for or when you get to your car and open the door.
so it works like OEM remote start?
what about folding mirrors? How it's working? And how does windows closing work? without any problems?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 04:32 AM   #33
Vdesai0326
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2015 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spit View Post
Quote:
so it works like OEM remote start?
what about folding mirrors? How it's working? And how does windows closing work? without any problems?
Yes like OEM
Mirrors also fold
Windows will go up or down depending on if you're holding lock or unlock
Appreciate 2
      11-24-2022, 11:28 PM   #34
spit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F15 x35i

Quote:
Yes like OEM
Mirrors also fold
Windows will go up or down depending on if you're holding lock or unlock
Thank you, I think an option worth considering. However, there is an additional cost for an extra key.

The last time I did my research, I found another option - https://www.start-a-car.ca/oem

we do not lose the extra key, and we get additional controls from the smartphone.
I contacted the representative, the cost of such an installation was $ 1500.

I received an answer:
"Yes I have a plug and play solution for the F15 which does NOT require you to lose any keys and will have full takeover once the car has been started. For this unit, We go with the Viper Smartstart App which provides Car control and GPS tracking. This package comes with a lifetime service included. No need to renew any subscriptions. $1500+tax installed. Lifetime warranty on labor and parts. Attached is a link to a video to show how it will function. Installation takes about 3 hours to complete."

https://youtube.com/shorts/-gYo7mOg1vU?feature=share
https://youtube.com/shorts/JqVqceWgSzU?feature=share

Last edited by spit; 11-25-2022 at 01:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 09:02 PM   #35
Eunoterpsia
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5

Clean installation - I will have to send them an email and ask who can install this in Reno, NV.

3 hour installation doesn’t sound plug and play…

Last edited by Eunoterpsia; 11-27-2022 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: Adding a comment
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 05:16 AM   #36
Fus10nv2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i

Quote:
Hey everybody, so I received my remote start kit from bimmertech and I installed it. Installation wasn't bad at all. With the install instructions found two misprints, one being one of the wire colors and the other being the location of the ground. Nonetheless, I completed install and works flawlessly.
Product quality is also good.
Overall definitely worth the purchase

I just installed it in my F15, starting the car worked perfectly. Had a very interesting issue though, couldn't turn the car off, I had to hit the engine start/stop 3x for it to shut down and when I unlocked the car the engine stayed running.

I think I know why, try this for me to see if its a glitch, don't close one of your doors all the way. When I was packing up my tools I noticed my rear passenger door wasn't latched, I didn't close it all the way, so I suspect that door didn't lock.

I am wondering if this is the issue, having one door not lock.

I am going to to back out to the garage in a bit and try it again to see if that caused this glitch. (its 6am, started the install at 3am wanted to surprise my wife with it today....hopefully, my suspicion is correct and I did not get a faulty unit. Want to have a clear head when I go to diagnose.)

If having one door not lock, or one door unlocked and the remote start not only works, but the extra key remains active this is very dangerous. I think the logic doesn't know how to handle this situation, and the clicking of start/stop 3x triggers the pressing of the button similar to the hitting lock on the key 3x.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 07:03 AM   #37
Tomcat_F15_STL
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fus10nv2 View Post
I am going to to back out to the garage in a bit and try it again to see if that caused this glitch.
This is concerning.

Please post back if you can get the occurrence to repeat!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 08:39 AM   #38
Fus10nv2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
This is concerning.

3am install got the best of me, I offset one pin so it went to a blank on the other side of the connector (3 pin connector, 2 pins) fixing that resolved the needing to press start/stop 3x.

Engine still doesn't turn off on unlock, and hitting trunk 3x to turn off engine doesn't work and shows the can't start without error key on dash while its running.

Reviewed all wiring again (just by color not by location), and updated support waiting to hear back. It's possible I oofed somewhere again, but waiting to hear back from support before I start pulling connectors again.

Gotta say, support is amazing. Literally within 10 minutes of submitting a ticket I got a reply of what pins I should check and they were accurate.

Will update what happens next.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 01:46 PM   #39
Vdesai0326
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2015 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
This is concerning.

3am install got the best of me, I offset one pin so it went to a blank on the other side of the connector (3 pin connector, 2 pins) fixing that resolved the needing to press start/stop 3x.

Engine still doesn't turn off on unlock, and hitting trunk 3x to turn off engine doesn't work and shows the can't start without error key on dash while its running.

Reviewed all wiring again (just by color not by location), and updated support waiting to hear back. It's possible I oofed somewhere again, but waiting to hear back from support before I start pulling connectors again.

Gotta say, support is amazing. Literally within 10 minutes of submitting a ticket I got a reply of what pins I should check and they were accurate.

Will update what happens next.
As of right now I do not have my car since I was recently rear ended. Once I get it back I will try the way you had it and see if, 1. It starts and 2. Stays running/not turn off
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 04:08 PM   #40
Fus10nv2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
As of right now I do not have my car since I was recently rear ended. Once I get it back I will try the way you had it and see if, 1. It starts and 2. Stays running/not turn off
Ahh that sucks sorry to hear!

Quick update on the situation:

Confirmed wiring is correct w/ support, went through and tested the continuity on everything.

The current issue is the engine remains running on unlock & pressing trunk 3x does not turn off the engine.

I noticed Relays were engaging & disengaging really quickly when I tried 3x trunk button to shut down the car. Sent it to tech support and he asked me to open the case and inspect the position of some jumpers (presumably they are there to adjust settings for different vehicles).

Waiting to hear back, cool thing is if it is a jumper out of place, those who had complaints about the car turning off can adjust a jumper (assuming it is a jumper and not some other issue).

Support has been great, they are very responsive. Waiting to hear back on if the jumpers are in the proper positions.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 05:00 PM   #41
Vdesai0326
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2015 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Ahh that sucks sorry to hear!

Quick update on the situation:

Confirmed wiring is correct w/ support, went through and tested the continuity on everything.

The current issue is the engine remains running on unlock & pressing trunk 3x does not turn off the engine.

I noticed Relays were engaging & disengaging really quickly when I tried 3x trunk button to shut down the car. Sent it to tech support and he asked me to open the case and inspect the position of some jumpers (presumably they are there to adjust settings for different vehicles).

Waiting to hear back, cool thing is if it is a jumper out of place, those who had complaints about the car turning off can adjust a jumper (assuming it is a jumper and not some other issue).

Support has been great, they are very responsive. Waiting to hear back on if the jumpers are in the proper positions.
Nice yea if it is the jumper it's just the matter of finding which one to keep it running
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 06:44 PM   #42
Fus10nv2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Nice yea if it is the jumper it's just the matter of finding which one to keep it running
3 jumpers are labeled trunk, unlock and lock. All 3 currently have common pin of the relay set to ground. Usually 12V is what's used to signal a state change (like pressing ignition switch).

I suspect what's happening is the relay is activating but since it's set to GND it's not calling for the engine to shutdown, so changing it to 12V (+) should fix my issue.

Assuming this is correct, changing the unlock jumper to GND would disable engine shutoff on unlock.

This is just a guess...not going to change anything until I hear from support. I'll ask as to the functionality of each jumper as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 09:08 PM   #43
Eunoterpsia
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5

So what I read is - you are not an idiot and their product and/ or directions are not dialed in for the $600 you paid.

Disappointing at best - given the key situation.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 07:51 AM   #44
Tomcat_F15_STL
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Assuming this is correct, changing the unlock jumper to GND would disable engine shutoff on unlock.

This is just a guess...not going to change anything until I hear from support. I'll ask as to the functionality of each jumper as well.
Any update on this? I find it very interesting the possibility to disable the eurodumb engine shutoff when you open the door!
Appreciate 0