BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-31-2019, 09:36 AM   #23
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmws

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyles View Post
In a stopped traffic/at a red light? Oh the horror..
Sure because the FDR has traffic lights
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 09:38 AM   #24
NYC_X5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘16 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 201 View Post
Has traffic. Which is worse than traffic lights...
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 09:38 AM   #25
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Funny how this thread is to mock stupidity of fake badging yet no one can see the real stupidity of someone taking pictures while driving.
Lol right! Well unless it's at a stop light or riding passenger.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 09:43 AM   #26
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmws

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_X5 View Post
Quote:
Has traffic. Which is worse than traffic lights...
My wife works as an emt and you'd be suprised how many accidents occur in the tristate area due to people thinking it's ok to do whatever with there phone just because there's "traffic"
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 09:48 AM   #27
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Hey I'm guilty the other way around lol,

This is my daily driver TT next to my M sport x5 40E

The TT is the bottom barrel stripped TT that I saved from the crushers paid 5k for it and then somehow started to restore it to better than new condition and made it look like an RS, no RS badges but it has every single correct RS body part even down to the wheel well vents and interior trim brakes and other tid bits.........

Crazy I know.

Funny though as it has even fooled the RS owners as they ask me why was it de-badged or is it a imported European model as I put the euro headlights in it without the yellow markers.

lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
parkstr8562.00
      10-31-2019, 09:49 AM   #28
Ferg
Master of my own domain!!
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/F15 X5

I know I'm going to get flamed....why does it bother everyone so much!? Pissed we paid so much for a real "M"? If you feel robbed, just push the "go fast pedal" and all the bad feelings go away!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 09:56 AM   #29
tntp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5S35i

well, just share the road and be nice with each other.
It's their car and they can do what ever they want with it. The M badge or similar harmless stick-on things is the least offensive things you see on the road.
Appreciate 1
floop20.00
      10-31-2019, 10:00 AM   #30
Reign2016
Private
Rep
Drives: space gray xDrive35i MSport

+50 hp at the wheels.....
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 10:31 AM   #31
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

Lol. No OP (me) is not in his feelings. Just fake venting. . actually doesn't bother me one bit. Just find it funny. Is it because I drive an actual "M" , maybe. Full disclosure: This is my first M car. Shit. It's my first BMW. . But living in NYC, I've been seeing this all the time. And being that I drive "actual M" car, my eyes instantly lock in on real or unreal cars. And being that we live in a social media drivin, picture taking world. Sometimes I might just take the pic.

Are far as taking a pic while I'm driving. Well I've done alot worse. And most of us if not all of us have done alot worst. Texting is worst. And I've done worst than that. So don't come at me for taking/posting a pic of some person mis-badged. I just happen to think it makes a nice car come off weird.

And don't be hypocritical either whoever said I should never use my phone while driving.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 11:47 AM   #32
Swiftness~
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersixM View Post
Lol. No OP (me) is not in his feelings. Just fake venting. . actually doesn't bother me one bit. Just find it funny. Is it because I drive an actual "M" , maybe. Full disclosure: This is my first M car. Shit. It's my first BMW. . But living in NYC, I've been seeing this all the time. And being that I drive "actual M" car, my eyes instantly lock in on real or unreal cars. And being that we live in a social media drivin, picture taking world. Sometimes I might just take the pic.

Are far as taking a pic while I'm driving. Well I've done alot worse. And most of us if not all of us have done alot worst. Texting is worst. And I've done worst than that. So don't come at me for taking/posting a pic of some person mis-badged. I just happen to think it makes a nice car come off weird.

And don't be hypocritical either whoever said I should never use my phone while driving.
This is exactly why I cringe when my daughter wants to drive into the city you almost sound proud that you have done worse and no not everyones like you theres a real good reason why using a handheld device when driving is against the law but thats a subject for another time.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 01:48 PM   #33
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftness~ View Post
This is exactly why I cringe when my daughter wants to drive into the city you almost sound proud that you have done worse and no not everyones like you theres a real good reason why using a handheld device when driving is against the law but thats a subject for another time.
So. You have never, EVER, used a phone while driving. I'm not proud, I'm honest. Don't know you and even if I did , still no reason to lie to you. Im like that. I might be wrong and strong BUT I'm no hypocrite and I'm no saint.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 01:54 PM   #34
MizikeTSK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 XDrive 50i MSport

I tease my buddy all the time who slapped some F10 wheels, front fenders and Euro bumpers on his E60. He isn't fooling anyone, lol.
      10-31-2019, 02:03 PM   #35
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

Quote:
So. You have never, EVER, used a phone while driving. I'm not proud, I'm honest. Don't know you and even if I did , still no reason to lie to you. Im like that. I might be wrong and strong BUT I'm no hypocrite and I'm no saint.
He also never, EVER used navigation or any other equally distracting iDrive function.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 02:25 PM   #36
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
He also never, EVER used navigation or any other equally distracting iDrive function.
Nor was he ever distracted for a second by whoever floats his boat on the sidewalk.

Because he drives 10 and 20 , pulls over to make/take calls and texts and NEVER ever breaks the law. Meanwhile....
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 02:35 PM   #37
Swiftness~
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 F15

Quote:
Quote:
Since when does using the navigation function work while in motion but great comparison who wouldve thought. I might have a strong biased opinion on this matter as I was in a accident with my kid due to a retard taking selfies while driving but maybe one day you'll understand when it happens to you with your kid in the back.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 02:54 PM   #38
Florida-X3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X3 x30i / '12 Infiniti M37

Somewhere on this forum about a year or so ago there was a picture of a X5 with all the M badges AND some AMG ones as well! I think the car was in Asia somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 03:44 PM   #39
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida-X5 View Post
Somewhere on this forum about a year or so ago there was a picture of a X5 with all the M badges AND some AMG ones as well! I think the car was in Asia somewhere.
Thanks for bringing back around to the original topic. I just take issue w people that do it the wrong way. If you gonna put the M up then do it right. Get the right one, move the oem badge over then put the right size M on there. Neatly. Let me double take at least
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 07:30 PM   #40
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Kind of interesting that I don't see these "faked-up" cars around my area at all. I can't recall seeing a single one. There are lots of X's on the roads here (Minnesota); they're really popular due to the nasty winters. Since I own one, if there's one within a half-mile, I'll probably spot it. I think the culture here is a factor; "showing off" in any form - that's what the fake badging is all about - is really frowned-on. If you're going to put on a show, you better be legit. We do have a number of ricers around, with their fake rear wings and fart-cans, but that's about it.
      10-31-2019, 09:56 PM   #41
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

LMAO at fart cans..I think it's more popular in NYC because we have car washes everywhere and they sell stuff like that in some if not most.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 12:43 PM   #42
duercos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36>F16>G30

What do you say about this one ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 01:25 PM   #43
SupersixM
Lieutenant