03-12-2015, 07:18 PM   #45
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsvrub
Hi
I have same issue, my right rear mirror time by time change it position, It started aprox. 6 months ago(own car since August 2014).
In beginning it was once every 2 weeks and it is every second day now.
I have 2 memory settings in the car (for me and wife) and mirror changes it position if you do not touch memory buttons (switch from one to another). But it changes when you lock/unlock the car(does not matter for how long you leave the car for whole night or 10 minutes).
We are using one key with wife, so it is definitely not an issue(as some concerns were about this).
Will go to dealer next month (as presently not at home) and will see how it goes...
Hopefully they will be able to get to the bottom of this pretty quickly now that they have acknowledged it as a legitimate issue...
      03-13-2015, 05:37 AM   #46
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5, 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpitts View Post
Hopefully they will be able to get to the bottom of this pretty quickly now that they have acknowledged it as a legitimate issue...
How to know which issue is legitimate and which is not???
I am asking because few months ago I visited dealer and asked if they have any info about sudden "opening" of doors and how they gonna solve this???And they told me that first time they hear about this!!! But many people all around the world already reported this and I also saw that somebody told that this legitimate issue.
P.S. I understand that if it is even not legitimate issue and if I am the first one who address any issue they still have to do something, but obviously if it is legitimate it will be easier and faster.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 09:35 AM   #47
gpitts
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsvrub View Post
How to know which issue is legitimate and which is not???
I am asking because few months ago I visited dealer and asked if they have any info about sudden "opening" of doors and how they gonna solve this???And they told me that first time they hear about this!!! But many people all around the world already reported this and I also saw that somebody told that this legitimate issue.
P.S. I understand that if it is even not legitimate issue and if I am the first one who address any issue they still have to do something, but obviously if it is legitimate it will be easier and faster.
One word: persistence.
      07-18-2016, 09:06 AM   #48
gpitts
Captain
Rep

It has been about 18 months since I originally posted this, and I still have the issue. I worked around the problem by making Settings 1 and 2 the same. Anyone else have an update on their situation? As far as I know, this issue still remains open with no fix from BMW.
      07-18-2016, 11:02 AM   #49
coolidge
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive 35i

I took delivery of my new X5 about 3 weeks ago and had this problem for the first couple of days even though the 2nd key was in the house on the kitchen counter. Then I locked the second key inside my 'metal' lock box inside the house and presto magico no more issue.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 01:16 PM   #50
gpitts
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolidge View Post
I took delivery of my new X5 about 3 weeks ago and had this problem for the first couple of days even though the 2nd key was in the house on the kitchen counter. Then I locked the second key inside my 'metal' lock box inside the house and presto magico no more issue.
Metal box... well, I understand the Faraday Cage principle, but the comfort access range on your key fob should be a couple of feet, not tens of feet.

BMW has acknowledged this to be a real issue, and are supposed to be working on it. This is a very intermittent issue, and may happen once an hour, once a day, once a week, etc... In short, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to its frequency of occurrence.

In my situation, I've been the sole drive of my vehicle, only had my key, been out at the dealer, and had the "mystery mirror" event occur. In short, I still have the issue. My vehicle was updated to the latest firmware at my last service, so it is safe to say that the issue has not yet been resolved.
      10-18-2016, 09:00 PM   #51
gpitts
Captain
Rep

Bump

Just wanted to see if anyone had learned of a permanent solution to this issue. I eventually made my Setting 2 the same as my Setting 1 so that the issue is invisible to me, but for an $80K vehicle you'd expect that you wouldn't have to perform these types of workarounds...