10-03-2014, 03:45 PM   #1
brothfly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 i35D

Unlock ALL Doors

Have a 2014 X5.
Is there a setting I'm missing that when you put the car in park and shut it down that all the doors unlock?
Right now only the drivers door does, I saw some setting in the menu, but it did not allow all doors to be unlocked.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 04:00 PM   #2
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: X5 2014 Sparkling Brown

Yes, under the settings "doors" menu you'll see the option
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #3
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinBimmer View Post
Yes, under the settings "doors" menu you'll see the option
Is this really there? I thought that setting only worked for keyfob unlock, driver first or all 4 doors, and not automatic unlock with Park or Door Open.
      10-03-2014, 04:03 PM   #4
brothfly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 i35D

No that setting will not unlock ALL the doors when the car is parked.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 04:10 PM   #5
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: X5 2014 Sparkling Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by bothfly View Post
No that setting will not unlock ALL the doors when the car is parked.
You are right...that only works in my X1 when I remove the key...
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 04:51 PM   #6
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinBimmer View Post
You are right...that only works in my X1 when I remove the key...
It can be coded. This is the code for it:
Unlock when STOP Engine - BDC_BODY > 3040 > VAM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK > change nicht_aktiv to aktiv
      10-03-2014, 04:58 PM   #7
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
It can be coded. This is the code for it:
Unlock when STOP Engine - BDC_BODY > 3040 > VAM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK > change nicht_aktiv to aktiv

It's like "I like french fries" oh yeah it's easy, it can be cooked, Patatos, Oil, Frying Pan.

I thought things were that easy, until I read your 1000 page coding thread, I immediately backed away.

10-03-2014, 05:17 PM   #8
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
It's like "I like french fries" oh yeah it's easy, it can be cooked, Patatos, Oil, Frying Pan.

I thought things were that easy, until I read your 1000 page coding thread, I immediately backed away.

LOLL, it's really not that difficult. It just looks very intimidating because of the info. I felt the same way when I opened up the full coding section in bimmerfest. I didn't know where to start. Gradually, I researched and read and then finally thought to make it simpler by creating this thread for everyone. Ask anyone in that thread that I've helped...they've gotten the hang of coding rather quickly - not everyone being tech savvy either. You just have to start by putting one foot in the door . I promise you...once you learn it, you'll be much happier knowing what you can do with it.
      10-03-2014, 07:06 PM   #9
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LOLL, it's really not that difficult. It just looks very intimidating because of the info. I felt the same way when I opened up the full coding section in bimmerfest. I didn't know where to start. Gradually, I researched and read and then finally thought to make it simpler by creating this thread for everyone. Ask anyone in that thread that I've helped...they've gotten the hang of coding rather quickly - not everyone being tech savvy either. You just have to start by putting one foot in the door . I promise you...once you learn it, you'll be much happier knowing what you can do with it.
I tried with E70, there was a whole cable controversy where there was just one which worked, then I gave up, is it like that with F15? Anyway I won't turn this into a coding thread but someone needs to make a video instructions so others can easily do it by visually following. Is it like if you can root an android phone and install custom firmware, you can code BMW? I am just afraid I will brick my new X5 and have it towed to dealer with my tail between my legs...
      10-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #10
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I tried with E70, there was a whole cable controversy where there was just one which worked, then I gave up, is it like that with F15? Anyway I won't turn this into a coding thread but someone needs to make a video instructions so others can easily do it by visually following. Is it like if you can root an android phone and install custom firmware, you can code BMW? I am just afraid I will brick my new X5 and have it towed to dealer with my tail between my legs...
I'm a big Android rooter, lol. That's where my tech background stems from...computers/gadgets/etc. The cable I've listed in the coding thread OP is what I use and what others have bought and used successfully. There are no issues. I do plenty of research before recommending things and I always correct anything that is brought to my attention . I will show you how to code as I have shown others. If you follow my steps, you will in no way ever brick/damage your vehicle.
      10-03-2014, 10:50 PM   #11
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm a big Android rooter, lol. That's where my tech background stems from...computers/gadgets/etc. The cable I've listed in the coding thread OP is what I use and what others have bought and used successfully. There are no issues. I do plenty of research before recommending things and I always correct anything that is brought to my attention . I will show you how to code as I have shown others. If you follow my steps, you will in no way ever brick/damage your vehicle.
I rooted a few android phones before, I probably read 20 threads in XDA and read them couple of times over and over to make sure I don't mess the phone. The difference is phone is $500, this is $70k vehicle.
      10-03-2014, 11:08 PM   #12
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I rooted a few android phones before, I probably read 20 threads in XDA and read them couple of times over and over to make sure I don't mess the phone. The difference is phone is $500, this is $70k vehicle.
I understand where you're coming from. The only area where you can mess something up is if you do CODE DEFAULT VALUES. FDL coding and VO coding don't mess anything up like that. That's also why everything the coders have found and outlined are EXACT to the name and value. So you can't find something "similar" and think it's the right code. It's not.

I'm not here to force you into coding, haha. I just want you to know that others like myself are here to guide you through it if you would like to venture into this territory.