BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-01-2014, 03:44 AM   #1
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

No Signal

Last night drove home and this is what the navi screenshowed. After this message it shut off and rebooted i guess as the connected services animation showed up and after a couple of minutes things were back to normal. Why would this happen? On startup all was normal.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-01-2014, 04:41 AM   #2
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

You could try a few things:

1) VO Code your HU_NBT to restore it to factory settings.

2) Take it in to dealer to check...if you have a faulty unit, it has to be replaced.

Here's a bunch of threads with RANDOM reasons for the NO SIGNAL. The main ones deals with comfort access issue, iphone connectivity, and sirius satellite.

"For a final Note on the iDrive re-booting issue. Seems as if there were TWO seperate electrical issues at play. Initially, certain 3 Series Non-NAV equipped cars were susecptible to the Siruis XM Carrier signal-even if the service was not activated-initiating random rebooting of the system. That was addressed and corrected by Sirius XM after several months.
Another issue-resulting in a similar re-Booting phenomenon-was triggerred by i-Phone interaction with the i-Drive system. Turns out that when there are anything but routine alpha numeric characters (Smilies/asterisks/email addresses), when the car downloads the stored data from the i-phone, the re-booting issue is also triggerred.
The BMW Engineers figured this out.
Since we,ve eliminated any atypical phone numbers stored on the the iPhone , there has been no additional reBooting in several months."

Here are the various threads that talk about it. Nothing really narrowing it down except for the one above for a 3 series for this year. The others are mostly replacement solutions.

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938634

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...704548&page=12

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...=679232&page=5

Another forum discusses it being related to USB thumb drive. They say doing a manual reboot of your iDrive helps and just to monitor it after if it keeps happening:

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=938458

Last edited by opasha; 10-01-2014 at 04:50 AM..
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2014, 06:59 AM   #3
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Thanks a lot as always
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2015, 03:53 PM   #4
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1230vani View Post
Last night drove home and this is what the navi screenshowed. After this message it shut off and rebooted i guess as the connected services animation showed up and after a couple of minutes things were back to normal. Why would this happen? On startup all was normal.
Just curious if you've seen this since the original instance? I started my F15 X5 3.5d up a couple of nights ago and saw this for the first time. It went away after a couple of shutdown/restarts (maybe the system just needed time to reboot?). Wondering if this is an issue I should be concerned with...
      01-02-2015, 04:19 PM   #5
Doanster
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 Carbon Black M-Sport

This has happened only once to me so far. Was just trying to enter a destination into the nav when the msg appeared. It rebooted and I've seen no ill effects.
      01-03-2015, 04:30 PM   #6
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpitts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1230vani View Post
Just curious if you've seen this since the original instance? I started my F15 X5 3.5d up a couple of nights ago and saw this for the first time. It went away after a couple of shutdown/restarts (maybe the system just needed time to reboot?). Wondering if this is an issue I should be concerned with...
Only that time. Cheers
Appreciate 1