BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-30-2020, 02:23 PM   #23
BavarianM
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 40e M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M5Driver View Post
Made it back to KC safely! We ended up taking the roof kit off after an hour of driving because it was too noisy. I'm assuming a wind fairing/splitter could solve that issue. Talked to the guys at Bootmod3 and found they do have a tune for it and VRSF makes the downpipe. BMC panel filter and 220v charger ordered too. Really happy with it so far! 25-29mpg in the mountains about the same on long highways averaging 80mph.
Congratulations! Excellent photography too.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 05:36 PM   #24
mgbabe
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i xDrive Gran Turismo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianM View Post
Quote:
Made it back to KC safely! We ended up taking the roof kit off after an hour of driving because it was too noisy. I'm assuming a wind fairing/splitter could solve that issue. Talked to the guys at Bootmod3 and found they do have a tune for it and VRSF makes the downpipe. BMC panel filter and 220v charger ordered too. Really happy with it so far! 25-29mpg in the mountains about the same on long highways averaging 80mph.
We've had our 2017 40e for two and a half years and the on-board computer shows an average of 27 mpg which I think is quite good for such a large SUV. It replaced a Pilot which averaged something like 18 mpg under similar driving conditions.
On the highway I always put it in save battery mode but around town use electric mode as much as possible And plugin whenever we can.
Another advantage here in Ontario being able to drive in HOV lanes since the 40e can have a green license plate.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 06:32 PM   #25
///M5Driver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: gaggle of BMW's

Just a heads up I've got it at our local BMW dealer and I have a nice little laundry list of codes and items they are fixing. BMW apparently did a remote session on the vehicle to verify an "oil pressure instability" code but found the oil pump in good working order. I'm not sure if I should challenge this or not as I've been told the N20's have a revised oil pump and timing chain guides. Also they are replacing a faulty evap sensor (causes the fuel door not to open and it happened a couple times on the trip home). The other potentially big one they had to order was an "auxillary battery" due to low voltage errors. I asked if this was the hybrid battery pack and the advisor wasn't sure and is going to get back to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbabe View Post
We've had our 2017 40e for two and a half years and the on-board computer shows an average of 27 mpg which I think is quite good for such a large SUV. It replaced a Pilot which averaged something like 18 mpg under similar driving conditions.
On the highway I always put it in save battery mode but around town use electric mode as much as possible And plugin whenever we can.
Another advantage here in Ontario being able to drive in HOV lanes since the 40e can have a green license plate.

Good info! Thanks

Last edited by ///M5Driver; 10-01-2020 at 06:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 06:45 PM   #26
///M5Driver
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianM View Post
Appreciate it! Iphone quality is still disappointing but I really didn't want to bring my big Canon on the airplane.

Last edited by ///M5Driver; 10-01-2020 at 06:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 08:17 PM   #27
corduroy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 xDrive40e (F15)

Congrats!

I just had the auxiliary battery replaced on mine, such a rip off, now that I know the symptoms I'm doing it myself with that compatible battery they found off that Prius website here. Anyways, it's next to your regular car battery, in the back, under where your car charging cable is stored. My understanding is that one of the things that the battery does in our hybrids is switch the transmission between the gas and electric motors. I believe that battery is also in the gas only X5s. Considered a wear and tear item, at least when I tried to get them to cover it...

Last edited by corduroy; 10-01-2020 at 08:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 08:42 PM   #28
///M5Driver
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroy View Post
I just had the auxiliary battery replaced on mine, such a rip off, now that I know the symptoms I'm doing it myself with that compatible battery they found off that Prius website here. Anyways, it's next to your regular car battery, in the back, under where your car charging cable is stored.
Good to know! This thing is riddled with batteries!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 02:21 PM   #29
///M5Driver
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroy View Post
I just had the auxiliary battery replaced on mine, such a rip off, now that I know the symptoms I'm doing it myself with that compatible battery they found off that Prius website here. Anyways, it's next to your regular car battery, in the back, under where your car charging cable is stored.
Good to know! This thing is riddled with batteries!
Just made another trip to the dealer. They are replacing the split drivers cushion, a missing silver vent clip, drivers door seal, and the cup holder cover under warranty. I've also ordered new continental tires non run flats. (I like to live dangerously). Dropped in a new BMC air filter as well. Talking to bootmod3 guys again they said they support it but no off the shelf maps. Vrsf downpipe ordered as well. Ditching the roof rack too as it's noisy above 40mph.
Appreciate 0