BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

08-27-2014, 10:31 AM   #1
richard_m
Registered
Rep
Drives: Jaguar X-Type

Any UK forum members with an F15 SE with paddle gear shifters on the steering wheel?

Hello there,

I’m about to order an X5 xDrive30D SE in the UK and I was hoping to get paddle gear shifts on the steering wheel.

I know it’s a standard feature of the M Sport. The dealer has said it’s possible on an SE but I can’t find any BMW documentation which supports this.

I don’t want to pay £4k extra to get an M Sport just to get the paddle shifters!

My guess would be I’d need the Sports Steering Wheel (“255” on the options list) plus possible also Sports Automatic Transmission (“2TB”) which is what you’d spec on a 5 series to get this. But there’s nothing in the brochure or options list which states this.

I was hoping there might be someone on the forum who has a SE in the UK who has paddle shifters and can tell me which options they ordered to get it, or perhaps a dealer who can confirm this specifically?

Thanks!

Richard
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 02:44 PM   #2
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_m View Post
Hello there,

I’m about to order an X5 xDrive30D SE in the UK and I was hoping to get paddle gear shifts on the steering wheel.

I know it’s a standard feature of the M Sport. The dealer has said it’s possible on an SE but I can’t find any BMW documentation which supports this.

I don’t want to pay £4k extra to get an M Sport just to get the paddle shifters!

My guess would be I’d need the Sports Steering Wheel (“255” on the options list) plus possible also Sports Automatic Transmission (“2TB”) which is what you’d spec on a 5 series to get this. But there’s nothing in the brochure or options list which states this.

I was hoping there might be someone on the forum who has a SE in the UK who has paddle shifters and can tell me which options they ordered to get it, or perhaps a dealer who can confirm this specifically?

Thanks!

Richard
Yes, I have them in my 40D SE, you either order the dynamic pack for about £2k (and get 19" wheels, anthracite headlining, sports seats etc) or just the sports auto transmission for about £300. Or that is how it was when I ordered mine back in March, can't imagine it would have changed that much for MY2015.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 04:14 AM   #3
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_m View Post
Hello there,

Thanks!

Richard
Hi. Its not just the Sports Steering Wheel and Auto Box, for me its also the way the car handles with the 2VF Adaptive M suspension.
Much better than the steel springs...unless you are also thinking of ordering the Adaptive Comfort Suspension, in which case you might as well order the M Sport and be done with it.

If your dealer can't spec it, have you called a different franchise and asked them to quote?

Just be 2D's worth.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 06:00 AM   #4
richard_m
Registered
Rep
Drives: Jaguar X-Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPickles View Post
Yes, I have them in my 40D SE, you either order the dynamic pack for about £2k (and get 19" wheels, anthracite headlining, sports seats etc) or just the sports auto transmission for about £300. Or that is how it was when I ordered mine back in March, can't imagine it would have changed that much for MY2015.
Fantastic! Thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0