BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-26-2014, 04:46 PM   #815
NVRfollo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550

Ah thanks, I see it now. I was trying to find it on the cheat sheet without success. I will let you guys know how it goes with adding the cradle.
Another question is, could I get access to the car antenna through the USB port? I am really looking for a way to boost cell reception in some poor reception areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Yep. It's in the first page of the OP at the bottom. Also, for installing the cradle, you'll need to figure out yourself how to open it up or get your dealer/someone experienced to do it for you. We were able to take ours out, but I don't know about someone without the cradle trying to put one in.

Last edited by NVRfollo; 12-26-2014 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2014, 08:03 PM   #816
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRfollo View Post
Ah thanks, I see it now. I was trying to find it on the cheat sheet without success. I will let you guys know how it goes with adding the cradle.
Another question is, could I get access to the car antenna through the USB port? I am really looking for a way to boost cell reception in some poor reception areas.
No problem.

As far as the USB goes, from what 6NS outlines, the cradle is what allows the connection to the antenna. Not sure what specific wire is allowing it, but the cradle connects to about 3 different wires in your storage area, so one of them must be responsible for that antenna. I'll have to look it up later, but as far as we know, the other USB connection does nothing for signal.
      12-26-2014, 11:19 PM   #817
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

@NVRfollo, There are 2 antenna connector that is connected to the cradle.
But, it is a good mention by @opasha, we've done a bunch of removal, but we have never done a retrofit so far.
Maybe you can be the first.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2014, 05:07 PM   #818
ydchoe
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Quote:
I've added the two fdl codes for VLD (Variable Light Distribution) to the cheat sheet (thank you @mat3333).
So that I am absolutely clear, I do NOT have to remove 8S4 from my FA if I make these two fld code update to enable VLD?

This will be great!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 05:11 PM   #819
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydchoe View Post
So that I am absolutely clear, I do NOT have to remove 8S4 from my FA if I make these two fld code update to enable VLD?

This will be great!
Yes, that is correct. If you want to keep VLD permanently, do the FA removal of 8S4 and VO Code BDC_Body.
      12-31-2014, 05:16 PM   #820
ydchoe
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

I finally made this VLD coding done! Note that when you choose F015_mit_AFS and F015_enable, it saves as below (at least for me). I haven't had a chance to test it in dark yet, but I am sure it will be worth it. Can't wait.

Quote:
Yes, that is correct. If you want to keep VLD permanently, do the FA removal of 8S4 and VO Code BDC_Body.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 05:29 PM   #821
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydchoe View Post
I finally made this VLD coding done! Note that when you choose F015_mit_AFS and F015_enable, it saves as below (at least for me). I haven't had a chance to test it in dark yet, but I am sure it will be worth it. Can't wait.

Yep, that's how it looks. Good job .
      12-31-2014, 06:08 PM   #822
nyquistcondition
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

Permanent coding

Question. It sounds like VO coding is a non revertable change. VLD can be coded without VO coding. Can Bluetooth be coded in a similar way?

I'm just concerned as I have a leased vehicle and I thought all coding was revertable at a later date. Sounds like I can still get VLD but what about advanced Bluetooth. I have my cable, next week it is SW and coding.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 07:11 PM   #823
c3uo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

I was wondering if people would mind posting their list of VO Codes for comparison?

I VO Coded 6NS and enhanced bluetooth is working great. For example, I was wondering if you could VO code the base M sport package (no suspension change) to get sport plus mode.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 07:37 PM   #824
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: X5 2014 Sparkling Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3uo View Post
I was wondering if people would mind posting their list of VO Codes for comparison?

I VO Coded 6NS and enhanced bluetooth is working great. For example, I was wondering if you could VO code the base M sport package (no suspension change) to get sport plus mode.
M sport package maybe is linked to modules/hardware? If it's not, I'm interested too!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 10:27 PM   #825
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyquistcondition View Post
Question. It sounds like VO coding is a non revertable change. VLD can be coded without VO coding. Can Bluetooth be coded in a similar way?

I'm just concerned as I have a leased vehicle and I thought all coding was revertable at a later date. Sounds like I can still get VLD but what about advanced Bluetooth. I have my cable, next week it is SW and coding.
FA changes CAN BE REVERTED and changed the same way you added or deleted them. You just have to VO Code the same ECU folder again and you will lose ALL FDL CODING (cheat sheet coding) every time you VO Code. When I say PERMANENT coding, it means in reference to DEALER UPDATES or ISTA/P Programming not being able to DELETE/RESET them they way they do for FDL CODING.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3uo View Post

I'll explain this carefully. M-Sport package is not attainable in this way. It is broken up into many aspects such as steering wheel coding, suspension coding, etc.

So, to get Sport+ mode, you first need to add 2TB to your FA the way I did when I installed from the Sport Steering Wheel (non M-Sport packages get this) to the M-Sport Steering Wheel with paddle shifters because that is what 2TB enables - the paddle shifters.

Then, you have to FDL code these:

1) To actually enable Sport+ Mode within your vehicle:

a) ICM / 3000 / ICMKOD_B_SPORTLENKUNG / change nicht_aktiv to aktiv

2) To allow the image of Sport + to appear in your Instrument Cluster (KOMBI), there are two codes:

a) KOMBI / 3000 / FDS_MENUE_TEXT_1/2/3/4 / change menue_4 to menue_3

b) KOMBI / 3000 / FDS_MENUE_SIGNAL_1/2/3/4 / change menue_4 to menue_3

I have not posted these because I wanted to verify if they work first. However, you can test them out and report back. Pictures will help others. Thanks.
      01-01-2015, 10:33 AM   #826
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Anyone try Token Master's BMW Navigation Tool called BMW LEAD THE WAY!? http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=797596
      01-02-2015, 12:06 AM   #827
2014_F15
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X15 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha
Anyone try Token Master's BMW Navigation Tool called BMW LEAD THE WAY!? http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=797596
Works great! The only downside is that you have to transfer the route via usb drive to the car. The app allows you to pick the route, add stops etc. much better than the iDrive gps routing.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 12:53 AM   #828
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014_F15 View Post
Works great! The only downside is that you have to transfer the route via usb drive to the car. The app allows you to pick the route, add stops etc. much better than the iDrive gps routing.
Thanks. I guess this is more so for "planned" trips? I read there are still issues with stopovers where the navigation will automatically ignore them unless manually inputted and then resume back to the BMW navigation route instead.
      01-02-2015, 12:00 PM   #829
cpd1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Hello coding gurus,

I have taken the plunge long last. Got my X5 M50d back in May and was planning to get coding a lot earlier but couldn't find the time...
Have read Opasha's posts and videos something like 12 times today! Awesome work but despite dumbing it down a lot I guess it is still too tricky for me

I was trying to code 6NS Enhanced bluetooth, it is in the FA, I also coded HU_NBT.
I went back to Esys for post mortem and ^NS was there in the correct order.
However after deleting my iphone pairing and pairing again, the only option I have remains only Telephone 1.
I didn't get any error message when coding but I am wondering wether I need the new pszdata files, Have used 52.3 so far.
Any pointer would be much appreciated!
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 12:27 PM   #830
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpd1 View Post
Hello coding gurus,

I have taken the plunge long last. Got my X5 M50d back in May and was planning to get coding a lot earlier but couldn't find the time...
Have read Opasha's posts and videos something like 12 times today! Awesome work but despite dumbing it down a lot I guess it is still too tricky for me

I was trying to code 6NS Enhanced bluetooth, it is in the FA, I also coded HU_NBT.
I went back to Esys for post mortem and ^NS was there in the correct order.
However after deleting my iphone pairing and pairing again, the only option I have remains only Telephone 1.
I didn't get any error message when coding but I am wondering wether I need the new pszdata files, Have used 52.3 so far.
Any pointer would be much appreciated!
Thank you
I sent you a PM. If you're still having trouble, PM me and we'll get it figured out via Team Viewer remotely .
      01-02-2015, 02:44 PM   #831
cpd1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Thanks Opasha.
I have installed all the latest softwre versions. I did FA and VO coding again, 6NS shows in FA but I tried within few minutes and still no Tel 2/Audio. I will give it a bit more time before trying again.
I thought I followed all your steps but I must be doing something wrong somewhere. At some point I was getting confident I was getting the hang of it...
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 02:55 PM   #832
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpd1 View Post
Thanks Opasha.
I have installed all the latest softwre versions. I did FA and VO coding again, 6NS shows in FA but I tried within few minutes and still no Tel 2/Audio. I will give it a bit more time before trying again.
I thought I followed all your steps but I must be doing something wrong somewhere. At some point I was getting confident I was getting the hang of it...
PM sent .
      01-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #833
c3uo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

If it shows Office after coding 6NS, then the coding took and you did it right. When you go to see your bluetooth connections, it will show your phone as 1 (it has a different icon). At first, my other phone showed up, but I could only switch between the two. I eventually figured out how to allow the second phone access. I remember I had to press the option button in various telephone connection sub-menus. It wasn't intuitive, but I eventually made it work.

Again, if you know show office with messages and the connections is numbered with a 1 I'm sure the coding took.
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2015, 07:20 PM   #834
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

opasha

I was actually trying to add 5AP back and VO code Bdc body. And was doing my fdl coding again.

Was doing some other fdl coding in hunbt and kombi.. For some reason ambient lighting stopped.

Tried VO coding all three of them.. Didn't solve. Left car to sleep just now.

Have you seen such scenario. I didn't do any changes related to ambient lighting. Not sure what happened.

Thanks for your help.

Update
---------------

Letting the car sleep fixed it...

Jeess... i need to do all my coding again ... darn it..

Last edited by Hang0ver; 01-02-2015 at 07:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2015, 08:02 PM   #835
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang0ver View Post
opasha

I was actually trying to add 5AP back and VO code Bdc body. And was doing my fdl coding again.

Was doing some other fdl coding in hunbt and kombi.. For some reason ambient lighting stopped.

Tried VO coding all three of them.. Didn't solve. Left car to sleep just now.

Have you seen such scenario. I didn't do any changes related to ambient lighting. Not sure what happened.

Thanks for your help.

Update
---------------

Letting the car sleep fixed it...

Jeess... i need to do all my coding again ... darn it..
That was more like a nap, LOL. 15 minutes? I am glad 15 minutes solved it! I read from Opasha (and I think he mentioned in his video) sometimes it can take overnight.
      01-02-2015, 08:33 PM   #836
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
That was more like a nap, LOL. 15 minutes? I am glad 15 minutes solved it! I read from Opasha (and I think he mentioned in his video) sometimes it can take overnight.
with frustation running in my mind for messing up my car, i didn't really count the time but i guess i went back within 10 mins.
Appreciate 1