12-22-2014, 03:39 PM   #1
SDRX
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 540i M Sport 2018

Where are all the UK F15s ?

Well guys I'm a bit bemused!

I spend a lot of time in Birmingham and London and I've yet to see many F15s.... The model hit British roads just over a year ago and I'm amazed that you spot 1-2 a month maximum !!! At some dealers there's still a waiting list of about 3 months from order to delivery !

So UK F15 drivers ... Where are you?

Any issues with insurance ? Tracker requirement ?
When a new car has a engine number is that a significant stage of manufacturing ? Or does still mean an agonising wait of weeks ?
      12-22-2014, 11:34 PM   #2
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRX View Post

I spend a lot of time in Birmingham and London and I've yet to see many F15s.... The model hit British roads just over a year ago and I'm amazed that you spot 1-2 a month maximum !!! At some dealers there's still a waiting list of about 3 months from order to delivery !

When a new car has a engine number is that a significant stage of manufacturing ? Or does still mean an agonising wait of weeks ?
Ditto. I live in the west country and regularly use M4/M5 but only see 1 a week if that.
Got excited last week when I past a Space Grey F15 heading west @ Reading.

No issues with my insurance and have a Tracker. Had mine since May.

Off to Cornwall today for Christmas so keep an eye out for a very dirty Carbon Black M Sport with 19" Winters, packed to the rim!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 04:05 AM   #3
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
Ditto. I live in the west country and regularly use M4/M5 but only see 1 a week if that.

Off to Cornwall today for Christmas so keep an eye out for a very dirty Carbon Black M Sport with 19" Winters, packed to the rim!
What day/time did you see the Space Grey F15 on the M4 going West, it may have been me !!

Same here, I rarely see an F15, funnily enough I did have one follow me around Nottingham this morning on the way to work but given the numbers that must be over here I'd love to know where they all are.

Anyway, who wants to have common car?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #4
Baunton
Major
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPickles View Post
What day/time did you see the Space Grey F15 on the M4 going West, it may have been me !!

Same here, I rarely see an F15, funnily enough I did have one follow me around Nottingham this morning on the way to work but given the numbers that must be over here I'd love to know where they all are.

Think it was Thursday last week at just after 4pm loads of traffic leaving the mess behind J8/9 and 10 at Reading. I passed the car around junction 11.

Funny in the 3.5 hours and >200 miles to get to Cornwall we only saw two F15's along our route. Like you say who wants to own a common car but how come the waiting list is so damn long

When I say 'we' I mean me; wife not really into this kind of thing.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 10:52 AM   #5
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Quote:
Think it was Thursday last week at just after 4pm loads of traffic leaving the mess behind J8/9 and 10 at Reading. I passed the car around junction 11.

Funny in the 3.5 hours and >200 miles to get to Cornwall we only saw two F15's along our route. Like you say who wants to own a common car but how come the waiting list is so damn long

Not me then, though it was the right stretch of road. I was down there Wednesday, westbound from 8/9-10 in the morning and eastbound from 10-8/9 about 4pm.

You would think, given the much higher margins with European cars, that they would allocate more production for over here and a bit less for the US.

I've probably only seen a handful of F15's on the road since taking delivery of mine back in July, and I've got over 9,000 miles on it since then.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 11:52 AM   #6
RockDoc1971
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Convertible

Same here in the North East, only seen a couple. Saw my first F16 go past yesterday, looked nicer than I expected.

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 12:07 PM   #7
SDRX
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRX View Post

Great stuff mate I'll keep an eye out if I'm down that way!

I've got 7yrs NCD and car crime is low here so no tracker! A mate of mine in London told his wont be insured unless stored in garage !

I'm expecting delivery March '15
Happy Xmas and NY15!!
      12-23-2014, 12:08 PM   #8
SDRX
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPickles
Quote:

Totally agree! But when I see one I'm flashing to say hello

And just to clarify ..... Flashing headlights !!!!
      12-23-2014, 12:10 PM   #9
SDRX
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPickles View Post

The U.S. Factory had expanded production tracks and longer shifts for workers because of demand for X5! And the oct/nov figures prove the F15 is a hit and so we're only going to enjoy this exclusivity for a short while
      12-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #10
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Probably all in BMW service departments - thats where mine spent most of its time!
      12-25-2014, 12:23 AM   #11
Baunton
Major
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatFlap View Post
Probably all in BMW service departments - thats where mine spent most of its time!
Bitter, twisted
Appreciate 0