BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-15-2018, 07:21 PM   #1
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Loyalty Incentives...

Are any available without Leasing or Financing on 2018 X5M?
BMW/US and BMW/FS both told me to speak with Dealer.
Dealer states only possible if I finance or lease.
Anyone on here know for certain?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 07:13 AM   #2
secretariat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Iconoclast, how many BMW's have you purchased? Is it from one dealer or multiple dealers? Do you deal with the same salesperson or different ones? I have purchased at least 6 different BMW's from same dealer and same salesperson. Loyalty incentives are not even a question with my purchases any more, and the salesperson knows it. That is the definition of loyalty.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 09:46 AM   #3
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

I have purchased many through various dealers across the country but the issue is not with the incentive but the dealers are stating that the Loyalty incentive is now only available if you lease or finance through BMW/FS. I am purchasing outright and none of the dealer's say they can honor the additional $1k.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 10:43 AM   #4
Apple Corps
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
I have purchased many through various dealers across the country but the issue is not with the incentive but the dealers are stating that the Loyalty incentive is now only available if you lease or finance through BMW/FS. I am purchasing outright and none of the dealer's say they can honor the additional $1k.
Our new X5 M is on order and I discussed with the dealer that I can purchase outright, finance it, lease it - whatever works best. As I run through the options and numbers they all appear to come out kind of close. I know the outright purchase price and can guesstimate the used sale price. When comparing that to the residual in the lease I am shrugging my shoulders as to what way to go. I am not hyper about getting the absolute best deal, but don't want to leave thousands on the table. Leasing allows me to leave more of my $$$ invested and may be the best financial solution - I need to overcome my mental hang-up that I don't OWN it

At some point I just need to decide and move on so that I can enjoy the "acquisition" and not let the analysis and haggling ruin things.

BTW, there are all sorts of "discounts" out there, have kind of given up on sorting which ones apply to the differing options - bottom line figures are what counts I guess.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7262.50
      05-17-2018, 11:43 AM   #5
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

We've agreed on price, multiple dealers agreed on the price too. The issue lies in the last $1k which I have been eligible for in the past but not anymore if it is only through BMW/FS moving forward. BMW/US was no help at all and said it is up to the dealer to decide to honor which is BS because the dealer will only honor this incentive if "factory" reimburses them with an OL# before being built.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 12:27 PM   #6
Habsone
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: The Ultimate Driving Machine

Does BMW require you to keep financing with them for long term in order to get the rebate?
If not...
Why not put as much as money down and pay it off within a week to take advantage of rebate.
Or
Maybe I'm missing your point entirely.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 02:53 PM   #7
Wristdoc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8C, 2019 X7 50i

I assume you are aware of the BMW CCA rebate? It is probably beside the point but it is not something I was aware of on my last 3 purchases but was nice to get $1,000 back on my most recent...
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 02:20 PM   #8
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

I received official word. The current loyalty incentive is through BMW Financial Services. It is not a BMW/NA discount or factory incentive. It will only be applied on Finance and Lease vehicles. Everyone else need not consider.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 03:35 PM   #9
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
I received official word. The current loyalty incentive is through BMW Financial Services. It is not a BMW/NA discount or factory incentive. It will only be applied on Finance and Lease vehicles. Everyone else need not consider.
If you get the dealer to eat the application fee ... finance it for any term, and pay in full on first statement to take advantage of the incentive
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 05:06 PM   #10
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaboM4 View Post
If you get the dealer to eat the application fee ... finance it for any term, and pay in full on first statement to take advantage of the incentive
Exactly. Even if the dealer won't eat it, the application fee and a couple days of interest is still less than $1K.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 06:00 PM   #11
aparedes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Quote:
Why not lease which give you the option to purchase in the future. It will also allow you to re visit the values of the car before making the commitment as the new G05/G85 is coming and likely will accelerate depreciation.

I think BMW X line depreciate quite fast (even the M) and the lease route seems less costly (if buying new). I still have about 16 months left on my lease and the buy out is just a few thousand dollars above what you can probably pick a used X6M today with similar conditions.

A
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 09:54 AM   #12
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

I do not keep any of my vehicles long enough and I enjoy upgrading/modifying them. I do not want to be bound by a lease or lease buyout in addition to all the fees and interest etc. involved. It's just easier this way for me and the way I have always done it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaboM4 View Post
On the deal I've structured none of the dealer's will eat the fees and the earliest payoff is three months.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 06:44 AM   #13
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
I do not keep any of my vehicles long enough and I enjoy upgrading/modifying them. I do not want to be bound by a lease or lease buyout in addition to all the fees and interest etc. involved. It's just easier this way for me and the way I have always done it.

On the deal I've structured none of the dealer's will eat the fees and the earliest payoff is three months.
that's unfortunate ... doesn't seem like there's any way to get that extra 1k
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 08:14 AM   #14
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

Indeed... It would cover the shipping cost but either way it was worth a shot.
Appreciate 0