BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-03-2022, 07:15 AM   #1
Lamontx5
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

bavsound revenant pro amplifier fail

I ordered bavsound revenant pro amplifier. Shipping was great! It was easy to hook up to my 2016 X5. Plug and play was all it took. I had no problem with power to the amplifier. Problem I had was no sound. As shown in picture wires were loose on bavsound speaker wire harness after connection to vehicle harness. So I contacted bavsound via Email. I sent them same picture to show the problem. Bavsound sent a new harness. I was hoping new harness would be better. I received new harness in a couple days. I looked over all my connections before hooking up speaker harness. I hooked everything up and again no sound. Come to find out both ends of harness had loose wires while connected. After spending about $1500 I shouldn't have these problems. Bavsound said it my connection on my vehicle is the problem. I hooked up my factory amplifier and it plugs in with no problems and have sound thru all speakers. Bavsound speaker harness needs improvement
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
gofly0.00
      12-05-2022, 10:38 AM   #2
gofly
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X6 xDrive50i MSport

Interesting... I just received it for my X6 (F16) and I'll make sure to look out for this when I install it. Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 02:19 PM   #3
Lamontx5
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

There is a video for installation of amplifier. It is on there website. That is the easiest part of amplifier.
Appreciate 0