98PoleCat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bms5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasnxl View Post
Make sure you have the Network Adapter configuration in Parallels, set to Bridged Network mode.
Thanks for the suggestion: Bridge Mode was selected. I can access internet just fine within Windows so I'm not sure what's happening......
I use a Mac with a VM. By "access internet," do you mean wireless? Try disabling your wireless in the VM to force the Ethernet connection. That works for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2016, 11:59 PM   #2928
bms5
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2018 540d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98PoleCat View Post
I use a Mac with a VM. By "access internet," do you mean wireless? Try disabling your wireless in the VM to force the Ethernet connection. That works for me.
Yes, wireless was turned off and I was able to connect via an ethernet cable and my adaptor.

Attached is a screen shot with ignition on and the ethernet cable connected showing the grayed out 'Connection via VIN'. Clicking on 'Refresh' makes no difference.

Could my new E-net cable be the problem?

Last edited by bms5; 01-11-2017 at 09:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 01:17 AM   #2929
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by yozhbk View Post
Took those off.. Debating if I want a nice animation logo or make it even faster boot... I guess will play around with combinations.

Thanks for the help ...... Very productive weekend. Got everything setup for this car! Oh and Maps didnt even need FSC code go figure
I have updated 6 times and was never asked for code either on my 2016's. Sometimes FSC's are pre-loaded.

Quote:
Yes, wireless was turned off and I was able to connect via an ethernet cable and my adaptor.

Attached is a screen shot with ignition on and the ethernet cable connected showing the grayed out 'Connection via VIN'. Clicking on 'Refresh' makes no difference.

Could my new E-net cable be the problem?
You are missing connection targets. Did you extract Psdzdata? If yes, make sure to there is empty "dist" folder in desired mainseries directory:

%\Psdzdata\mainseries\F025\F025_16_11_501\odx\dist

Last edited by Almaretto; 11-21-2016 at 01:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 08:06 AM   #2930
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 40e

Ok, so, am I crazy or does navigation in split screen should show all the turns, HUD does? Not just on the highway? I did a little short drive this morning with GPS and didnt see it, Im pretty sure thats how it was on my E70, had this 40e for a week so cant truly remember if it did it. Could my NAVI zooming coding screwed that up, there is a check on the exit ramps and auto zoom is greyed out and unchecked. Or is it just on highway exits. Trying to find the right manual for idrive 4.0 to double check this. Anyone with a link ?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 08:42 AM   #2931
eballah93
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 Xdrive f15 35XI M

Hey,
Just wanted to get an idea on how I use these codes?
I have LEDs on my current 2017 x5 and I would love to know how to enable the LEDs when I lock the car or somehow make them brighter?
Will a body shop know how to do this?
And how do I turn off that ugly orange led on the side of my headlights?
Thank you in advance for anyone replying!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 08:57 AM   #2932
bms5
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2018 540d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
I have updated 6 times and was never asked for code either on my 2016's. Sometimes FSC's are pre-loaded.

You are missing connection targets. Did you extract Psdzdata? If yes, make sure to there is empty "dist" folder in desired mainseries directory:

%\Psdzdata\mainseries\F025\F025_16_11_501\odx\dist

I have an empty dist folder as per the screen shot below.

Should the Psdzdata be in the same root folder as e-SYS?

Last edited by bms5; 01-11-2017 at 09:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 09:22 AM   #2933
jasnxl
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 xDrive40e

Quote:
Should the Psdzdata be in the same root folder as e-SYS?
No. After you extract it, the psdzdata directory hierarchy needs to be manually moved into
Code:
C:\Data\psdzdata\
Which gets created when you install E-Sys. In other words your data directory structure should look like the following;

Code:
C:\Data\psdzdata\extLibs
C:\Data\psdzdata\kiswb
C:\Data\psdzdata\mainseries
C:\Data\psdzdata\mapping
C:\Data\psdzdata\security
C:\Data\psdzdata\swe
C:\Data\psdzdata\temp
Appreciate 1
Almaretto2374.00
      11-21-2016, 11:48 AM   #2934
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Ok, so, am I crazy or does navigation in split screen should show all the turns, HUD does? Not just on the highway? I did a little short drive this morning with GPS and didnt see it, Im pretty sure thats how it was on my E70, had this 40e for a week so cant truly remember if it did it. Could my NAVI zooming coding screwed that up, there is a check on the exit ramps and auto zoom is greyed out and unchecked. Or is it just on highway exits. Trying to find the right manual for idrive 4.0 to double check this. Anyone with a link ?
It will show all turns, not just ramps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eballah93 View Post
Hey,
Just wanted to get an idea on how I use these codes?
I have LEDs on my current 2017 x5 and I would love to know how to enable the LEDs when I lock the car or somehow make them brighter?
Will a body shop know how to do this?
And how do I turn off that ugly orange led on the side of my headlights?
Thank you in advance for anyone replying!
You use the codes with E-sys. Enabling NGHB and VLD will light the roads better. It will vary whether a body shop has a coder on staff that knows how to enable. The parameters to disable orange sidemarkers are on the Cheat Sheet.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 01:15 PM   #2935
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
I'm wondering if there is an update on the files from a two months ago? My friend's car was just in the shop and wanted me to give him a hand and last time I got update was two months ago when my DME got updated.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #2936
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
I'm wondering if there is an update on the files from a two months ago? My friend's car was just in the shop and wanted me to give him a hand and last time I got update was two months ago when my DME got updated.
Yes. PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 01:49 PM   #2937
cwhands
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 SS/CSAT 6MT

Has anyone had any luck with the HKFM module?

The 2017s do not have the HKFM_LS module, rather HKFM2 and the CAFD is different.

It would appear that version 60 of PSDZlite has the proper CAFD but shows only numbers when expanding the file.

Any input?

Intention here is to close trunk with key fob, of course.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 02:55 PM   #2938
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
It will show all turns, not just ramps.

Hmm, well then I screwed something up, not showing any turns, at least on the way to work... Will try when I get home.
I`m pretty sure I only changed this HU_NBT 3000 NAVI_AUTOZOOM to aktiv.

Is there any other setting (maybe none coding) that I need to check ? Maybe it needs a check and uncheck after ?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 03:12 PM   #2939
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhands View Post
Has anyone had any luck with the HKFM module?

The 2017s do not have the HKFM_LS module, rather HKFM2 and the CAFD is different.

It would appear that version 60 of PSDZlite has the proper CAFD but shows only numbers when expanding the file.

Any input?

Intention here is to close trunk with key fob, of course.
See this post and this one. PM Sent

Quote:
Hmm, well then I screwed something up, not showing any turns, at least on the way to work... Will try when I get home.
I`m pretty sure I only changed this HU_NBT 3000 NAVI_AUTOZOOM to aktiv.

Is there any other setting (maybe none coding) that I need to check ? Maybe it needs a check and uncheck after ?
Not of that I am aware, though Auto-zoom only works on certain firmware and sometimes requires north-facing map. You can also always use Route Details to display step-by-step instructions.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 03:17 PM   #2940
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Not of that I am aware, though Auto-zoom only works on certain firmware and sometimes requires north-facing map. You can also always use Route Details to display step-by-step instructions.
So it might be screwing it up from showing turns ? The HUD shows turns fine. I guess back to E-SYS for me tonight... This is becoming and addiction
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 04:24 PM   #2941
megabmw
Private
Rep
Drives: GT 630dx and i3

Could someone send me PM with link to latest PZDfiles and ESYS.
Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 04:54 PM   #2942
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by megabmw View Post
Could someone send me PM with link to latest PZDfiles and ESYS.
Thanks in advance.
PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 06:23 PM   #2943
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep

OK so either I`m loosing it, or I checked and all coding is right for auto zoom... But I have this greyed out box, I dont get turns unless I have Arrow view on. I could of swore that it used to work, with Weather/Time widget... Can anyone please confirm for me how it works ? I`m trying to find this in manual, but I can not... If I messed something in coding can anyone point me in the right direction please ?

I know in my E70 it was any split screen, because I usually had entertainment on.

EDIT: Attaching an image... I guess I`m going to go compare CAFD Files.
Attached Images

Last edited by yozhbk; 11-21-2016 at 07:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 08:50 PM   #2944
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep

Very strange, I remove the 2 Zoom entries and grayed check box is not there anymore, but I still dont get turns in split screen while destination is inputed, HUD shows it fine. Is that feature gone, and I`m just remembering my old car ? And its on the HUD only now ? Or did I screw it up ? I compared everything in the NBT CAFD file and triple checked it, all changed settings are right, should I try to revert the whole thing back or is it in a different ECU ?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 01:53 PM   #2945
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep

So I spent the whole afternoon comparing ncd files.

Attached is what I changed in the HU_NBT, which all looks correct based on the cheat sheet and should not interfere with this function. Whats killing me, is that I cant remember that it worked, I kind of think it did, but again not 100% sure... Haven't drove on a highway since coding, so not sure if exit ramps are working. I did upgrade to 2017-1 for the NAV so that could be it as well.

I really liked that feature and this was one of the reasons I always had split screen on in my E70. If its gone in this model or version I`m fine with that, but somehow I think I messed it up....

I also checked this options:
3000 HMI, 98
AUTO_JUNCTION_VIEW_CID
aktiv (Active) = 01

Would really appreciate some help as this is driving me insane !

BTW: The NCD/CAFD Tool is amazing !!!!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 07:15 PM   #2946
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
Thanks for the updated files. Turns out I'm going to be needing to recode my car too.

Just sent my car to the dealer to the get F15 Remote Engine Starter installed and they're having problems getting the system to work. They think my coding may be the culprit as when they try to hold the lock button to start the engine, my hold lock button to close all windows and fold mirrors function overrides the start engine function. They're not charging me extra or anything, just want to keep overnight to reprogram.

Just wondering if anyone has heard of problems related to coding that could interfere with installing the REnS?

EDIT: Apparently it was dealer error. There is no conflict of coding with use of this system. However meant I had to recode my own car; the good news meant this was a prime opportunity to enable some stuff I didn't do before.

Last edited by alphaod; 11-23-2016 at 09:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 07:29 PM   #2947
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
So I spent the whole afternoon comparing ncd files.

Attached is what I changed in the HU_NBT, which all looks correct based on the cheat sheet and should not interfere with this function. Whats killing me, is that I cant remember that it worked, I kind of think it did, but again not 100% sure... Haven't drove on a highway since coding, so not sure if exit ramps are working. I did upgrade to 2017-1 for the NAV so that could be it as well.

I really liked that feature and this was one of the reasons I always had split screen on in my E70. If its gone in this model or version I`m fine with that, but somehow I think I messed it up....

I also checked this options:
3000 HMI, 98
AUTO_JUNCTION_VIEW_CID
aktiv (Active) = 01

Would really appreciate some help as this is driving me insane !

BTW: The NCD/CAFD Tool is amazing !!!!!!
You will not know until you do some driving. And yes, the tool is amazingly helpful.

I usually have entertainment details on the split screen because I have the HUD for junctions. The only advantage to arrow view is the streets are displayed much soon. You can always use hotkeys or voice command to toggle as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 03:47 AM   #2948
golovan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35D

Quote:
NCD / CAFD Tool is not needed for coding. It is an optional tool that I and others use.

EDIABAS is part of BMW Standard tools. It is also not needed for E-sys. It is used for ISTA+ and ISTA-P.

Psdzdata comes from ISTA-P. Full version (~60-80 GB) contains 9 additional folders (%\Psdzdata\swe) and is used for flash programming. From full, lite (~2GB) is created and all that is needed for VO and FDL-Coding.
Where can I get NCD / CAFD Tool?
Appreciate 0