11-24-2016, 02:20 AM   #2950
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by golovan View Post
Where can I get NCD / CAFD Tool?
Thread. Link at top of OP and never changes for future releases.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 07:11 AM   #2951
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
You will not know until you do some driving. And yes, the tool is amazingly helpful.

I usually have entertainment details on the split screen because I have the HUD for junctions. The only advantage to arrow view is the streets are displayed much soon. You can always use hotkeys or voice command to toggle as well.
Well thats the thing. I have been driving. And on local streets the junctions dont show in split screen, unless in arrow screen, or on HUD or instrument cluster if HUD navigation is disabled.

What Im not understanding, is how some people see this and others dont. Or Im not explaining it right.

In my 2013 E70, if split screen was on, for any content the junctions would come up with every turn navi wanted to do. It would start the junction distance count down and then go back to the split screen content after. Nothing like this happens on local streets, only on highway exit ramps. There is very little documentation about this and not much questions/answers, especially for newer cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 12:49 PM   #2952
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yozhbk View Post
Well thats the thing. I have been driving. And on local streets the junctions dont show in split screen, unless in arrow screen, or on HUD or instrument cluster if HUD navigation is disabled.

What Im not understanding, is how some people see this and others dont. Or Im not explaining it right.

In my 2013 E70, if split screen was on, for any content the junctions would come up with every turn navi wanted to do. It would start the junction distance count down and then go back to the split screen content after. Nothing like this happens on local streets, only on highway exit ramps. There is very little documentation about this and not much questions/answers, especially for newer cars.
Then yous will not show turns unless you have arrow display. What I do not understand is why you need redundancy in HUD and head unit screen.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 1 - NBT 2015 Navigation and Entertainment Manual.pdf (2.29 MB, 740 views)
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 01:17 PM   #2953
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 40e

Quote:
Then yous will not show turns unless you have arrow display. What I do not understand is why you need redundancy in HUD and head unit screen.
Thanks. I dont see it in this manual. I cant say I need it now, just making sure its not there as I could of sworen It was before I started coding.

Im good, getting used to using HUD, instead of main console.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 03:12 PM   #2954
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yozhbk View Post
Thanks. I dont see it in this manual. I cant say I need it now, just making sure its not there as I could of sworen It was before I started coding.

Im good, getting used to using HUD, instead of main console.
I could not own vehicle without HUD or CA anymore. Only drawback of junction view in HUD is delayed labeling of streets, but updated Nav system is much better at giving driver enough lead time for next step.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 02:59 PM   #2955
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i, 2015 F15 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bms5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98PoleCat View Post
I use a Mac with a VM. By "access internet," do you mean wireless? Try disabling your wireless in the VM to force the Ethernet connection. That works for me.
Yes, wireless was turned off and I was able to connect via an ethernet cable and my adaptor.

Attached is a screen shot with ignition on and the ethernet cable connected showing the grayed out 'Connection via VIN'. Clicking on 'Refresh' makes no difference.

Could my new E-net cable be the problem?
No quite sure. One thing I want to mention though that I gave up running windows in Window mode or parallel etc. it caused to many issues and I ended up running windows from boot up in its own partition - running great/smooth so far!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 07:55 PM   #2956
IAG-X5
Registered
Rep
Drives: '16 X5

Got back from the dealer couple of days back. Replaced HUD as it would shut off sometimes for no reason.. All my coding was gone. Re-coded everything I had before, except having problems with number of turn signal blinks (BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP) Now by default it's Werte=0 and it blinks 3 times. Changing it to 3, 4, 6 or whatever doesn't do a thing.. Using psdzdata version 3.60.0.600, ESysLauncherPremiumSetup_2.4.3_Build_85A and E-sys 3.27.1
Please, help!!.......
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 12:55 AM   #2957
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAG-X5 View Post
Got back from the dealer couple of days back. Replaced HUD as it would shut off sometimes for no reason.. All my coding was gone. Re-coded everything I had before, except having problems with number of turn signal blinks (BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP) Now by default it's Werte=0 and it blinks 3 times. Changing it to 3, 4, 6 or whatever doesn't do a thing.. Using psdzdata version 3.60.0.600, ESysLauncherPremiumSetup_2.4.3_Build_85A and E-sys 3.27.1
Please, help!!.......
Thanks!
Latest Launcher is 2.6.2, but will not make a difference with updated vehicle firmware. Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to code that function.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 05:00 PM   #2958
karoshi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 40e

Did someone find a code to "silence" the gong saying it's lower than 3° celsius outside? Completely useless and quite disturbing.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 06:02 PM   #2959
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karoshi View Post
Did someone find a code to "silence" the gong saying it's lower than 3° celsius outside? Completely useless and quite disturbing.
You can disable the auditory warning when starting the car but, as far as I know, not the one while moving. It is supposed to alert the driver to be aware of black ice.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 07:02 PM   #2960
IAG-X5
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Latest Launcher is 2.6.2, but will not make a difference with updated vehicle firmware. Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to code that function.
Wow!!... Please, tell me it's not possible just for now, temporarily.. Future updates should fix that, right?? What a bummer..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 09:54 PM   #2961
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Wow!!... Please, tell me it's not possible just for now, temporarily.. Future updates should fix that, right?? What a bummer..
I do not have any insider information so I cannot say for sure what is planned by BMW AG. All I know is that as things stand, coding has no affect.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 08:19 PM   #2962
IAG-X5
Registered
Rep

Quote:
I do not have any insider information so I cannot say for sure what is planned by BMW AG. All I know is that as things stand, coding has no affect.
I guess we'll wait and see. Thanks Almaretto!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 08:40 PM   #2963
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I guess we'll wait and see. Thanks Almaretto!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 06:59 AM   #2964
karoshi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 40e

Quote:
You can disable the auditory warning when starting the car but, as far as I know, not the one while moving. It is supposed to alert the driver to be aware of black ice.
Is this done through coding? Don't mind the one during driving but at start up is quite annoying actually.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 10:59 AM   #2965
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karoshi View Post
Is this done through coding? Don't mind the one during driving but at start up is quite annoying actually.
Yes. Through coding.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 11:53 AM   #2966
saxonel
Rep
Drives: bmw F15

hello guys

can some body help me with this error of e-sys
i can"t read svt

i wont to reflah the kafas modul
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 11:58 AM   #2967
saxonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Yes. PM sent.
hello shawn
please you can help me with error of e sys

i can"t read the svt

i want to re-flash the kafas modul because i not have cafd file
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 12:20 PM   #2968
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonel View Post
hello shawn
please you can help me with error of e sys

i can"t read the svt

i want to re-flash the kafas modul because i not have cafd file
You are supposed to have Unchecked boxes at "Update MSM" and "Update VCM" under E-Sys Options,and you would not be having this error.

And did you attempt to Inject CAFD into KAFAS and VO Code it rather than flashing it?

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 01:35 PM   #2969
saxonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
You are supposed to have Unchecked boxes at "Update MSM" and "Update VCM" under E-Sys Options,and you would not be having this error.

And did you attempt to Inject CAFD into KAFAS and VO Code it rather than flashing it?
Thanks for y0ur answer
But with unchecked boxes or check of update msm and update vcm under e-sys option, I can not read svt. from here start the problem.this is the first error.
The first time when i save the svt file under read the svt not was corect saved in the file SVT under DATA and after start this error all time. when i try to save again error appear
Thanks again for your answer,
i will try tomorrow again and i reply with what happened.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 01:36 PM   #2970
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonel View Post
Thanks for y0ur answer
But with unchecked boxes or check of update msm and update vcm under e-sys option, I can not read svt. from here start the problem.this is the first error.
The first time when i save the svt file under read the svt not was corect saved in the file SVT under DATA and after start this error all time. when i try to save again error appear
Thanks again for your answer,
Use Read ECU, not Read SVT.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0