BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-26-2018, 07:16 AM   #265
xsivspd323
Rep
Drives: X6

Can someone PLEASE post some new pictures of where each plug for the Racechip Ultimate is located in the engine bay.
I scanned the numerous pages in this thread to come up with incomplete/expired pictures.
This would help the community here immensely.
THANKS!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 07:51 AM   #266
monkiboy
Major
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: '17 x5 3.5i w/MPPK & MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsivspd323 View Post
Can someone PLEASE post some new pictures of where each plug for the Racechip Ultimate is located in the engine bay.
I scanned the numerous pages in this thread to come up with incomplete/expired pictures.
THANKS!!!
the ultimate has two plugs, or three? if the former shoot me a PM with your mobile number and i'll be happy to help by sending some photos during my install.
      01-26-2018, 10:26 AM   #267
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
THANKS!!!
Which unit do you have? The RaceChip Ultimate or the RaceChip Ultimate Connect?
Also, is it for the 35i application?

Thanks to Photobucket overnight policy changes on those broken link pictures.

RaceChip USA was an importer or distributor for RaceChip Germany.

I am currently in talk with RaceChip Germany on their new generation of product line.
I also in the talk with CPA tuning.
But, it is a little hard to swallow on CPA tuning products, no offense to them, but I have yet to learn, study, and test their product before I can offer them.
And, my hand is full currently, especially with those OBD2 flash tunes are popping out left and right like Chinese fast food restaurant, I don't think it would worth my time to throw in a brand new brand and gamble with it.

For you guys who bought previous generation of RaceChip not from me and needed support. Go ahead email me and I will try to put you through with RaceChip Germany for some support.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2018, 10:27 AM   #268
gt0279a
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Quote:
THANKS!!!
Good photos / info in this thread:

Racechip install

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 11:51 AM   #269
xsivspd323
Rep

It is the Racehip Ultimate. NOT the connect.
It is for the 35ix F16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Which unit do you have? The RaceChip Ultimate or the RaceChip Ultimate Connect?
Also, is it for the 35i application?

Thanks to Photobucket overnight policy changes on those broken link pictures.

RaceChip USA was an importer or distributor for RaceChip Germany.

I am currently in talk with RaceChip Germany on their new generation of product line.
I also in the talk with CPA tuning.
But, it is a little hard to swallow on CPA tuning products, no offense to them, but I have yet to learn, study, and test their product before I can offer them.
And, my hand is full currently, especially with those OBD2 flash tunes are popping out left and right like Chinese fast food restaurant, I don't think it would worth my time to throw in a brand new brand and gamble with it.

For you guys who bought previous generation of RaceChip not from me and needed support. Go ahead email me and I will try to put you through with RaceChip Germany for some support.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 11:59 AM   #270
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It is the Racehip Ultimate. NOT the connect.
It is for the 35ix F16.
Ok, so there are only 2 sensors that need to be connected to.
1 is the TMAP and 1 is below the air intake.
All the pictures I have are the same as what on the first page of this thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 01:48 PM   #271
xsivspd323
Rep

Quote:
Ok, so there are only 2 sensors that need to be connected to.
1 is the TMAP and 1 is below the air intake.
All the pictures I have are the same as what on the first page of this thread.
Thanks for all members assistance in such an expedited matter!
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12801.50
      02-01-2018, 06:28 AM   #272
Ljn21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 x35i

What is the difference between the RC Ultimate and the RC GTS Black? We just picked up our first BMW yesterday, wife wanted something new so we traded in her Audi Q7 for an X5 35i m-sport. We wanted a little more umphf so we had the dealer order the MPPK for us, gets installed tomorrow, thinking about stacking a RC on top of the MPPK.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 08:42 PM   #273
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljn21 View Post
What is the difference between the RC Ultimate and the RC GTS Black? We just picked up our first BMW yesterday, wife wanted something new so we traded in her Audi Q7 for an X5 35i m-sport. We wanted a little more umphf so we had the dealer order the MPPK for us, gets installed tomorrow, thinking about stacking a RC on top of the MPPK.
No idea yet.
I am still waiting for GTS Black with App to arrive and test it on my G30 540.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 04:07 PM   #274
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
I would still do PiggyBack as Maverik259 said. Piggyback is very easy to manage (installation, removal, and safety). The later, safety, is because piggy back system still relying heavily on the car's ECU failsafe.

OBD2 Flash is still easy to do if you really know and have background in doing things with badly written instruction. It also have aggressive power gain and some raise or even remove the failsafe feature.

Lastly, do you even notice that everybody started to have OBD2 flash tunes at about the same time? It seems like the products are not even their own, but it is a rebrand of one company that able to break the encryption.

I would though, do a dyno flash tune if I decided to build my own race car from a scratch. Not doing a flash tune on my street car, pointless in my opinion.
You're kidding, right? No tuner worth their salt would ever say a piggyback is superior in any way over a flash tune, warranty worries notwithstanding. In 10 years of reading these forums daily, I would have to say that's a first.

Not that your opinion is biased or anything, because you sell piggies, of course.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 04:27 PM   #275
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Quote:
I would still do PiggyBack as Maverik259 said. Piggyback is very easy to manage (installation, removal, and safety). The later, safety, is because piggy back system still relying heavily on the car's ECU failsafe.

OBD2 Flash is still easy to do if you really know and have background in doing things with badly written instruction. It also have aggressive power gain and some raise or even remove the failsafe feature.

Lastly, do you even notice that everybody started to have OBD2 flash tunes at about the same time? It seems like the products are not even their own, but it is a rebrand of one company that able to break the encryption.

I would though, do a dyno flash tune if I decided to build my own race car from a scratch. Not doing a flash tune on my street car, pointless in my opinion.
You're kidding, right? No tuner worth their salt would ever say a piggyback is superior in any way over a flash tune, warranty worries notwithstanding. In 10 years of reading these forums daily, I would have to say that's a first.

Not that your opinion is biased or anything, because you sell piggies, of course.
I don't think I mentioned it anywhere on my post saying that piggyback is superior than flash tune.

I am going to sell a flash tune through OBD2 once it has been proven with no fault or issues.
Since it is barely out there for the F series, I am going to keep my eyes and ears open.
I have saw and heard some issues with bench flash tune and even piggyback tune.

As far as I am biased or not, it is up to you how you want to judge my opinion and I always appreciate others opinion.
Appreciate 2
duercos201.00
      02-02-2018, 04:43 PM   #276
delviacv2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i & 2015 535d

Quote:

I'm 1000% pro tune and not Piggyback however keep in mind that most people here lease their vehicle and it is way more covenient for them to be able to remove the piggyback before they bring the vehicle in for service, Just because I don't like them does not means that is not the option for most People here.

As Far as biased, Ben does nothing but helping everyone here with DIY's , Coding you name it, he's always there to help and would never try to push you in to buying anything.
2014 X5 50i Carbon Black/ M Sport
-BM3 Stage 1
Appreciate 1
duercos201.00
      02-02-2018, 06:53 PM   #277
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
I don't think I mentioned it anywhere on my post saying that piggyback is superior than flash tune.
You did... And even went as far as saying they are safer, which isn't true, first of all. Piggy's manipulate the ECU, and it's very common on piggy's to get CEL's thrown. Because what the ECU thinks is happening, vs. what IS actually happening, are two Totally different things.

And as far as installation ease is concerned, again, are you kidding? I've done enough piggy's over the years to know. OBD flashes you plug into the OBD port, and you're done in 15 minutes. Whereas you say undoing connectors in the engine bay in your opinion is simpler???

And you need ZERO Experience in coding to do a flash tune. That's why they sell you off the shelf maps, which are in fact the opposite of aggressively tuned.

I know you are super helpful on the forums when it comes to piggy tunes, but the statements you made and clear suggestion to get a piggy over a flash tune for the reasons you stated, I think are misleading.

Quote:
I wouldn't consider a piggy anymore if you had to buy one new, as flash tunes via OBD are finally out now. Check out MHD and BM3.
Quote:

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 10:25 AM   #278
terryd5150
Head Fry Cook at McBurgertown
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
No idea yet.
I am still waiting for GTS Black with App to arrive and test it on my G30 540.
Please keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 12:00 AM   #279
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
You did... And even went as far as saying they are safer, which isn't true, first of all. Piggy's manipulate the ECU, and it's very common on piggy's to get CEL's thrown. Because what the ECU thinks is happening, vs. what IS actually happening, are two Totally different things.

And as far as installation ease is concerned, again, are you kidding? I've done enough piggy's over the years to know. OBD flashes you plug into the OBD port, and you're done in 15 minutes. Whereas you say undoing connectors in the engine bay in your opinion is simpler???

And you need ZERO Experience in coding to do a flash tune. That's why they sell you off the shelf maps, which are in fact the opposite of aggressively tuned.

I know you are super helpful on the forums when it comes to piggy tunes, but the statements you made and clear suggestion to get a piggy over a flash tune for the reasons you stated, I think are misleading.

Quote:
I wouldn't consider a piggy anymore if you had to buy one new, as flash tunes via OBD are finally out now. Check out MHD and BM3.
Quote:

I think he meant they're safer (for the F15) because they've been around longer than all the flash tunes that are just now flooding the market.

I also think you've made You're point....Bens a great dude who provides a lot for the community and it's a bit unnecessary to keep pushing this.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 2
duercos201.00
      02-17-2018, 03:14 PM   #280
lilthrift
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5 i50

need help

I just received the Racechip GTS. I have searched everywhere on the forum and cannot find a picture of an engine JUST like mine. I have a 2016 BMW X5 50i. I sent pictures to Racechip as requested but there instructions really suck for install. I am going to try and post pics of my engine. I have the cable that has A and B on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 01:42 PM   #281
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

lilthrift , follow my instruction for F85/F86 X5M/X6M in their sub-forum.
It is similar location of sensor.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 02:42 PM   #282
Daans
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: Bmw 440ix grand coupe

35i motor

Hope this will help.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 09:11 PM   #283
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daans View Post
Hope this will help.
He is inquiring for the 50i.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 05:10 AM   #284
Mikerod87
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 Msport

Anyone know the 0 to 60 on a piggybacked MPPK with a Race Chip Ultimate on a 3.5i? I want to say the MPPK IS 5.6 seconds? Thx Mike
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 04:38 AM   #285
GIANITALY
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 M/MPPK

Garage List
  [0.00]
I Need Some Help With The Installation On My 2015 X6 35i, The Race Ship Came With A-b-c- Cable
I Need To See A Picture Where The C Connection Goes , Came Some Help Me Out?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 09:58 PM   #286
duercos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36>F16>G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerod87 View Post
Anyone know the 0 to 60 on a piggybacked MPPK with a Race Chip Ultimate on a 3.5i? I want to say the MPPK IS 5.6 seconds? Thx Mike
I got 5.37 with mppk, mpe and jb+. Only did a single run with some extra weight. Could probably do 5.3. Im installing my rcu and a charge pipe this week, the goal is 5 flat)
Appreciate 1