BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-04-2018, 07:41 AM   #331
Ljn21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 x35i

For those with MPPK and the RC Ultimate installed, still liking the stacking? And now that you should have some mileage and time with the stack, how is mpg, any increase?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 07:50 AM   #332
Ljn21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 x35i

Also, looks like Racechip updated their site to show their new GTS/Black line, does anyone have the original info for the Ultimate? How much HP/Torque is the Ultimate spec'd to add?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 04:11 PM   #333
spacegray_f15
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 N55 M sport

Ive been looking into the MPPK since it will not void the warranty however I spoke to my service advisor and he said that they don't offer the mppk for the x5 anymore even though it is the same platform as the 535 and other cars. He said that since they don't offer it that it would void the warranty. Which makes no sense because it still is a bmw part no matter whether I bought it from this dealership or not? what do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 04:16 PM   #334
CeeTeeX5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegray_f15 View Post
Ive been looking into the MPPK since it will not void the warranty however I spoke to my service advisor and he said that they don't offer the mppk for the x5 anymore even though it is the same platform as the 535 and other cars. He said that since they don't offer it that it would void the warranty. Which makes no sense because it still is a bmw part no matter whether I bought it from this dealership or not? what do you guys think?
That's a load of BS. Find a different dealer.

Go to: www.shopbmwusa.com and find MPPK in the parts section for that dealership. E-mail your SA and tell him he's an idiot
Appreciate 2
      02-04-2018, 04:24 PM   #335
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTeeX5 View Post

Go to: www.shopbmwusa.com and find MPPK in the parts section for that dealership. E-mail your SA and tell him he's an idiot

+1

Edit: The image below was taken from BMW USA‘s accessory website today.
Attached Images

Last edited by SCA; 02-04-2018 at 05:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 04:29 PM   #336
yewlock
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:

+2
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 11:12 AM   #337
TXLFC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Jeep GC

I'm looking for some clarity on a few things I've read re: the MPPK, and hoping this group can help.

Are the new settings applied in all driving modes, or only in Sport? I've seen comments (including the internal BMW documentation floating around here) that certain things are enabled in Sport but not in Comfort (the additional exhaust burbling, as an example). I'm curious if that's true of all features, meaning does the ECU also only run additional boost while in Sport, or in all modes?

Anyone know? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 07:17 PM   #338
fosterelli
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xDrive35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLFC View Post
I'm looking for some clarity on a few things I've read re: the MPPK, and hoping this group can help.

Are the new settings applied in all driving modes, or only in Sport? I've seen comments (including the internal BMW documentation floating around here) that certain things are enabled in Sport but not in Comfort (the additional exhaust burbling, as an example). I'm curious if that's true of all features, meaning does the ECU also only run additional boost while in Sport, or in all modes?

Anyone know? Thanks!
Wait, I'd get more exhaust noise? I'd like that. I hate the sound of this Briggs and Stratton motor. I feel like I have a leaf blower attached to my back sometimes.

My wife is begging me to get the MPPK, then then Dinan on top, and of course all kinds of other crap. She's a few years younger and more easily separated from our hard earned money than I am.
      02-05-2018, 08:35 PM   #339
Wavy
Captain
Rep
Drives: B8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosterelli View Post
Wait, I'd get more exhaust noise? I'd like that. I hate the sound of this Briggs and Stratton motor. I feel like I have a leaf blower attached to my back sometimes.

My wife is begging me to get the MPPK, then then Dinan on top, and of course all kinds of other crap. She's a few years younger and more easily separated from our hard earned money than I am.

'23 B8, '84 Monte Carlo SS, '23 Escalade, '21 S 580, '20 AMG GT 53 , '18 LS 500, '18 X6, '16 Corvette, '12 750Li, '14 GS 350, '13 ES 350, '10 Maxima, '09 Challenger
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 11:02 PM   #340
R///MG
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5MC Frozen Pure Grey

Garage List
How does the exhaust compare to the stock one on the F85 X5M? Is this available for the X5 50i or only the 35i? Sorry for these questions if they have already been answered. This thread is just very long.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 11:22 PM   #341
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLFC View Post

Anyone know? Thanks!

As you can see from the above video, the exhaust sound doesn't seem to change. Maybe a slight burble during some revs.
      02-10-2018, 09:38 AM   #342
fosterelli
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
As you can see from the above video, the exhaust sound doesn't seem to change. Maybe a slight burble during some revs.
Yeah, too bad. That means I still have to get MPPK + Dinan for her, and I still won't get any more enjoyment out of it, except on the rare occasion I need to put the new power to work. Wife is all about mashing the right pedal every chance she gets. She can turn a Tesla into a gas guzzler.
      02-10-2018, 10:14 AM   #343
CeeTeeX5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, too bad. That means I still have to get MPPK + Dinan for her, and I still won't get any more enjoyment out of it, except on the rare occasion I need to put the new power to work. Wife is all about mashing the right pedal every chance she gets. She can turn a Tesla into a gas guzzler.
For some sound you should get the MPE or i’ve heard using the Bimmerlink app to code the exhaust flap open always, results im more exhaust sound.

I have the Dinan stage 1 and plan to add the MPE in the spring.

Last edited by CeeTeeX5; 02-10-2018 at 10:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 09:01 AM   #344
GIANITALY
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 M/MPPK

Garage List
  [0.00]
Did some one has this installed
BMW X5 (F15) 35i 2012-2018

Standart Form : 306 HP, 400NM*Torque

RaceChip GTS Black Tuned:

383 HP, 505 NM Torque
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 12:08 PM   #345
fosterelli
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
For some sound you should get the MPE or i’ve heard using the Bimmerlink app to code the exhaust flap open always, results im more exhaust sound.

I have the Dinan stage 1 and plan to add the MPE in the spring.
Thanks! For some reason I was thinking the coding for exhaust flap was 50i only? If not, I'll definitely play with it tonight.

I'm planning Dinan stage 1 very soon, skipping MPPK, and adding the Burger intake (purely for sound of intake/turbo, not for any other reason), and no exhaust...I just don't want to sink too much money into the 35i when I'm not sure if we'll keep it very long.
      02-20-2018, 12:46 PM   #346
CeeTeeX5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! For some reason I was thinking the coding for exhaust flap was 50i only? If not, I'll definitely play with it tonight.

I'm planning Dinan stage 1 very soon, skipping MPPK, and adding the Burger intake (purely for sound of intake/turbo, not for any other reason), and no exhaust...I just don't want to sink too much money into the 35i when I'm not sure if we'll keep it very long.
Should work for the 35i as well. Saw a video of a guy using bimmerlink to open and close the flap on his 35i.

I'm tempted to get that burger intake too for the sound. Would like to hear your thoughts on it after you get it installed.

My timeline to get the MPE installed has moved up and it's going to be delivered this week. It will prob take a week for the tips to get powdercoated and I'll have it installed the following week. I'll get back on whether I feel like it's worth it for the extra sound.
Wheels: Winter - 469m; Summer - Vossen CV7 22s

2018 X1 28i M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 09:37 AM   #347
Kokiiiz
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X6 msport 2018

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post

I have X6 msport 2018 (Middle East version - Dubai) and interested to have the MPPK to my car as I haven't knew about it earlier.

I have several posts saying the the sport screen should reflect 400hp and 400 torque if you install the mppk correctly...however my screen already shows 400 torque but with 320hp on the screen...so waiting your advise what should I understand from that : (I meant how I have the torque shows 400 if I didn't install the mppk yet?!

See the photo
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 10:31 AM   #348
CeeTeeX5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokiiiz View Post
Hello all, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post

I have X6 msport 2018 (Middle East version - Dubai) and interested to have the MPPK to my car as I haven't knew about it earlier.

I have several posts saying the the sport screen should reflect 400hp and 400 torque if you install the mppk correctly...however my screen already shows 400 torque but with 320hp on the screen...so waiting your advise what should I understand from that : (I meant how I have the torque shows 400 if I didn't install the mppk yet?!

See the photo
1 Nm = .74 ft lbs

2018 X1 28i M-Sport
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2018, 12:55 PM   #349
TallGuyX5
2015 X5 M Sport MPPK & Coding
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 sDrive 35i M Sport

MPPK ordered to be installed

I'm new to the forum and this is my first BMW. I have a preowned certified 2015 X5 sDrive 35i w/ M Sport package. Previous owner leased the car new and drove it on 30k miles in 3 years.

Just wondering, I reading that most of you install the MPPK package when you purchased the car new, any issues installing on a car already with 30k miles on the odometer? Also, my dealer would not negotiate on the install price, $325 and he also said that the install will take 4 hours but they will give me a loaner. Okay, :-). He also said the install updates on the software programming except the navi system which makes sense.

Is anyone aware of that other software updates when you have had the MPPK installed? Also, I live in Austin, TX and we only have one BMW dealership so hard to shop around for a better install price, so probably just go for it.

Thanks for any comments or input! Excited to be a BMW owner and will post pics soon and list out all my mods

Last edited by TallGuyX5; 03-10-2018 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 01:02 PM   #350
CeeTeeX5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGuyX5 View Post
I'm new to the forum and this is my first BMW. I have a preowned certified 2015 X5 sDrive 35i w/ M Sport package. Previous owner leased the car new and drove it on 30k miles in 3 years.

Just wondering, I reading that most of you install the MPPK package when you purchased the car new, any issues installing on a car already with 30k miles on the odometer? Also, my dealer would not negotiate on the install price, $325 and he also said that the install will take 4 hours but they will give me a loaner. Okay, :-). He also said the install updates on the software programming except the navi system which makes sense.

Is anyone aware of that other software updates when you have had the MPPK installed? Also, I live in Austin, TX and we only have one BMW dealership so hard to shop around for a better install price, so probably just go for it.

Thanks for any comments or input! Excited to be a BMW owner and will post pics soon and list out all my moods.
I can’t speak for the sw update bit but you should have no problem with installing the MPPK on a 30k mile X5.

2018 X1 28i M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 09:05 PM   #351
TallGuyX5
2015 X5 M Sport MPPK & Coding
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 sDrive 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chem14 View Post
Increases horsepower and torque, optimizes shift points, makes the exhaust note a little deeper. The power increase is definitely noticeable and gets better over time. Plus its covered under BMW warranty unlike other piggyback tunes such as Racechip ultimate.

It is purely a software tune. There are no parts that come with it other than the software and a couple of stickers for the engine and side skirts.

Cost is usually 950-1050$ (most will match GetBMW price)plus 50$ for install. Do not let the dealer try to get any more from the install.

If you are leasing, do it now so you can roll the price into your lease and only pay for 40% or so.
Just had the MPPK installed and notice some power difference. Question, is the power difference most noticeable in Sport + mode? Also, when you say it better over time, does that mean that power difference will be more noticable as you drive the car more? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2018, 08:51 AM   #352
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGuyX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chem14 View Post
Increases horsepower and torque, optimizes shift points, makes the exhaust note a little deeper. The power increase is definitely noticeable and gets better over time. Plus its covered under BMW warranty unlike other piggyback tunes such as Racechip ultimate.

It is purely a software tune. There are no parts that come with it other than the software and a couple of stickers for the engine and side skirts.

Cost is usually 950-1050$ (most will match GetBMW price)plus 50$ for install. Do not let the dealer try to get any more from the install.

If you are leasing, do it now so you can roll the price into your lease and only pay for 40% or so.
Just had the MPPK installed and notice some power difference. Question, is the power difference most noticeable in Sport + mode? Also, when you say it better over time, does that mean that power difference will be more noticable as you drive the car more? Thanks
Engines needs to adjust to the tunes, so yes over time you will feel the engine pull more especially in the lower end torque.