BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-06-2017, 02:38 PM   #1
1dom1
Rep
Drives: 2017 X6M

Length of time for new build

How long did it take you guys to get an allocation number/production of the car after you did the order. My dealer says about 2-4 weeks to get allocation number.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 03:06 PM   #2
Rickyjiang
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 2017 X6M 2013 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dom1 View Post
How long did it take you guys to get an allocation number/production of the car after you did the order. My dealer says about 2-4 weeks to get allocation number.
got mine in 3 weeks, but production in this year march
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 07:20 AM   #3
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
It took me about a month to get production number but I think it was because of the holidays. It takes 3 weeks to build the car after that.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 11:14 AM   #4
IndyM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M (DG/MR)

Quote:
Just a quick clarification... Dealer Allocation and Production Number are two different things. Your dealer has to get an allocation BEFORE they can put your order in. Then you get you order number AFTER the order is put in (usually 3-4 weeks, as others noted). Depending on how big your dealer is, what kind of volume they do, or (maybe most importantly) who they know at BMWNA, the length of time to get an allocation can vary greatly. I'd recommend you stay all over your dealer until they tell you they have secured an allocation!

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 11:28 AM   #5
1dom1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyM View Post
Just a quick clarification... Dealer Allocation and Production Number are two different things. Your dealer has to get an allocation BEFORE they can put your order in. Then you get you order number AFTER the order is put in (usually 3-4 weeks, as others noted). Depending on how big your dealer is, what kind of volume they do, or (maybe most importantly) who they know at BMWNA, the length of time to get an allocation can vary greatly. I'd recommend you stay all over your dealer until they tell you they have secured an allocation!

Good luck!

Good news, my dealer emailed me last night with the production number! Said it will take a few more days to get the order processed and then the build hopefully begins! Took about a week to get my production number
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 02:26 PM   #6
IndyM
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Good news, my dealer emailed me last night with the production number! Said it will take a few more days to get the order processed and then the build hopefully begins! Took about a week to get my production number
Great news! Sounds like they already had their allocation (or secured one quickly). Now the hard part... waiting!

Might be too late... but you should really consider doing Performance Center Delivery. I did it last August, and it was really a great time. I'll do it again, no question.

Want to share any specs on your X5M?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 03:01 PM   #7
1dom1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyM View Post
Great news! Sounds like they already had their allocation (or secured one quickly). Now the hard part... waiting!

Might be too late... but you should really consider doing Performance Center Delivery. I did it last August, and it was really a great time. I'll do it again, no question.

Want to share any specs on your X5M?
Dealer said I have until Monday to decide on delivery in S.Carolina.
I'm close to saying yes to that!

17 X6M

Mineral white metallic
Black interior/Carbon Fiber
B&O
21"
All options except rear seat entertainment (No Kids )/nightvision

Can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 02:06 PM   #8
IndyM
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Dealer said I have until Monday to decide on delivery in S.Carolina.
I'm close to saying yes to that!

17 X6M

Mineral white metallic
Black interior/Carbon Fiber
B&O
21"
All options except rear seat entertainment (No Kids )/nightvision

Can't wait!
Sounds like a nice build.

Don't think twice on Performance Center Delivery. You won't regret it! I took my wife down with me, even she had a great time.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 07:49 PM   #9
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Ordered 2-3 and got my production number today on 2-13.

Production started today 2-21.
Appreciate 0