BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-27-2017, 09:27 AM   #1
bimmertt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

I just purchased a CPO 2014 X5 MSport and was wondering if there is actually anything different with the transmission and/or suspension compared to X5s without the MSport package. I'm assuming hp and torque are the same.

Also, is there an easy way to make it so both mufflers are open all the time? I noticed the driver side muffler is the primary. Passenger side seems to stay closed. This was an easy mod on the 335i.

Lastly, are all X5s equipped with security alarms? The car chirps upon lock/unlock and the red light blinks when the car is locked. However, I don't see a security alarm as an option on the window sticker.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 10:18 AM   #2
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

I just purchased a CPO 2014 X5 MSport and was wondering if there is actually anything different with the transmission and/or suspension compared to X5s without the MSport package. I'm assuming hp and torque are the same.

Congrats on your purchase! 2014 performance is slightly lower than the 2015 and up. Here are the changes.

Quote:
2015 BMW X5 SAV

Technical and design updates

Technical update for the 8-speed automatic transmission leading to better efficiency and faster acceleration:

X5 sDrive35i 0-60 mph from 6.2 to 6.1

X5 xDrive35i 0-60 mph from 6.2 to 6.1

X5 xDrive35d 0-60mph from 6.7 to 6.5

X5 xDrive50i 0-60mph from 4.9 to 4.7

As of October 2014 production, there will be an engine displacement change on the N55 engine (X5 sDrive35i and X5 xDrive35i) that increases displacement from 2979 cubic centimeters to 3004 cubic centimeters
As of September 2014 production, there will be additional stitching added on all seats upholstered in Dakota or Nappa leather to enhance both seat quality and design. Double stitching will be added on all front seat shoulders.
Source https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/usa/a...language=en_US

Msport Line is distinguished with an aero front, rear and sides along with other cosmetic changes with the muffler. Msport line also comes equipped with a sports tuned transmission that allows quicker and more aggressive shifts and a sportier shift handle. With a Msport line you can also add a Adaptive M suspension (not standard).

Also, is there an easy way to make it so both mufflers are open all the time? I noticed the driver side muffler is the primary. Passenger side seems to stay closed. This was an easy mod on the 335i.

You have two options:

1. use the Golf Tee mod, I think this is what you did with your 335i?
2. upgrade to a M performance Exhaust which also provides a more aggressive exhaust notes.

Stock exhaust video

MPE exhaust video

Lastly, are all X5s equipped with security alarms? The car chirps upon lock/unlock and the red light blinks when the car is locked. However, I don't see a security alarm as an option on the window sticker.

I'm pretty sure your X5 is equipped with an alarm. You should also have a motion detection and tilt detection. Not 100% on this but test it by arming the X5 with one of the windows down and reaching into the interior with your arm and waving it. Or by shifting or rocking your X5 while armed.