BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #1
JW83
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

DHP distinguishing feature

When taking delivery of the car, most features would be obvious (sound system, lane assist, etc), but is there a quick way to determine if the vehicle was equiped with the dynamic handling package? I don't think any visual feature would give it away and I don't think it comes with extra buttons beyond the comfort/normal/sport modes that all the cars have.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
icreate
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5 35d M Sport

I think based on some videos I saw online is that if you go to xDrive status screen.
There is an icon that has 4 wheels on it.
When you drive it shows where the torque is on each wheel.

Something like in this video:
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 02:10 PM   #3
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW83 View Post
When taking delivery of the car, most features would be obvious (sound system, lane assist, etc), but is there a quick way to determine if the vehicle was equiped with the dynamic handling package? I don't think any visual feature would give it away and I don't think it comes with extra buttons beyond the comfort/normal/sport modes that all the cars have.
While all cars have those modes, what they do is different with DHP. More importantly, in terms of a quick visual, you will see an option to configure Sport and Sport + modes if you have DHP. Without DHP, you only see what the mode will change. For example, if you switch to sport mode, you should get a 'configure sport mode' option, where on a car without DHP, it would just show the graphic highlighting what's changed (chassis and drivetrain or one or the other etc). At least this is how it is on my F30 (don't have DHP on the F15).
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #4
sirajkas
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
While all cars have those modes, what they do is different with DHP. More importantly, in terms of a quick visual, you will see an option to configure Sport and Sport + modes if you have DHP. Without DHP, you only see what the mode will change. For example, if you switch to sport mode, you should get a 'configure sport mode' option, where on a car without DHP, it would just show the graphic highlighting what's changed (chassis and drivetrain or one or the other etc). At least this is how it is on my F30 (don't have DHP on the F15).
That's how it is on F15 also. I have sport configured for Drivetrain only and I love the handling with that setting.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 03:57 PM   #5
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajkas View Post
That's how it is on F15 also. I have sport configured for Drivetrain only and I love the handling with that setting.
You mean chassis only then? I have my 335 set to chassis only to stiffen the suspension and steering, but without the higher revving throttle when the drivetrain is set to sport too (and horrid gas mileage that comes with that setting).
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 06:00 PM   #6
sirajkas
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
You mean chassis only then? I have my 335 set to chassis only to stiffen the suspension and steering, but without the higher revving throttle when the drivetrain is set to sport too (and horrid gas mileage that comes with that setting).
Yes, you are right. It's the chassis only option, sorry.!
Appreciate 0