BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-22-2015, 06:09 PM   #23
Xeno
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 M Sport 5.0i

I am at the front end of a month of travel that takes me across time zones and again the time does not auto-adjust to the time zones.

I am not willing to try coding during extended travel on the open road but sorely disappointed that in conjunction with the non-working widget these helpful features on the open road are not working as they should.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 01:38 PM   #24
RRohrbeck
Rep
Drives: X5

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but does anyone have a clock that is auto adjusting when crossing into a new time zone.

Ours wasn't last year when we were traveling, just wondering if it's working now.

Also if we have a destination set that in in another time zone our Nav displays an ETA based on the time zone we're currently in not the time zone of the destination.

Anyone have an ETA function that's working differently?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 04:50 PM   #25
Xeno
Major
Rep

I crossed time zones today (CST to EST) and after checking the auto-time zone feature the time updated instantly.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 09:34 AM   #26
MotoWPK
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 128i vert, '14 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
I crossed time zones today (CST to EST) and after checking the auto-time zone feature the time updated instantly.
I had it work, sort of, on a trip last month.

On previous trips in our '14 X5 it did not work so that I'd become used to manually setting the time as we enter a new time zone. On this past trip, as I navigated to the time setting screen, I tried clicking on the auto time zone adjust option and a message briefly appeared (paraphrasing here); " Time will adjust when there is a connection to BMW services". The message went away after a couple of seconds and...what do you know, the time adjusted for the new time zone!

On the return, as we crossed back into our original time zone, I watched the clock and it did not adjust. After about 50 miles into the new time zone, I went to the time settings screen, unchecked the auto adjust option, closed the screen, then went back into the time settings screen and re-checked the auto adjust option and...just as before, the above message briefly appeared and the time adjusted.

So, it appears as if the system is not automatically checking for a time zone change unless you initiate it by checking the auto adjust option (it having been previously unchecked).

Asked the 'genius' at our dealership about it and he didn't have a clue.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 10:24 AM   #27
RRohrbeck
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoWPK View Post

On previous trips in our '14 X5 it did not work so that I'd become used to manually setting the time as we enter a new time zone. On this past trip, as I navigated to the time setting screen, I tried clicking on the auto time zone adjust option and a message briefly appeared (paraphrasing here); " Time will adjust when there is a connection to BMW services". The message went away after a couple of seconds and...what do you know, the time adjusted for the new time zone!

On the return, as we crossed back into our original time zone, I watched the clock and it did not adjust. After about 50 miles into the new time zone, I went to the time settings screen, unchecked the auto adjust option, closed the screen, then went back into the time settings screen and re-checked the auto adjust option and...just as before, the above message briefly appeared and the time adjusted.

So, it appears as if the system is not automatically checking for a time zone change unless you initiate it by checking the auto adjust option (it having been previously unchecked).

That's the way it as working for me last fall. The genius at our dealership told me that the way it is supposed to work. I don't think so.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 12:44 PM   #28
Xeno
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoWPK View Post

I will not be able to test this for another 8 days but it will be disappointing if we put the auto in auto-time adjust. I was hoping that the last major software update I got last month had resolved this period.

I check with all kinds of BMW personnel when I discovered the original limitation and never found anyone that knew what I was talking about.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 03:51 PM   #29
Xeno
Major
Rep

I went from the ETS to the CTS today and the time did not adjust automatically while driving. I waited until I stopped and restarted the car 30 minutes later and this the time was on ETS so I had to manually uncheck the box then recheck and the time immediately changed. Disappointing as this seems like such a minor issue to fix.
Appreciate 0