BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

05-29-2016, 08:38 PM   #23
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et
Quote:
Originally Posted by F15GorDe View Post
All three would handle differently.
The margin of difference between stock and just 2VF would be very noticeable. The gap between 2VF and DHP becomes very apparent with larger loads and/or more spirited driving.
It would not be obvious if all that you did was slow speed stop and go traffic around town.
First time you really notice the difference is at that off ramp you find yourself being very wary off, because you drive a vehicle with a higher center of gravity, but the BMW DHP greatly reduces the sensation that the drivetrain is going one way while the body might go another. That IS eliminated!
For a 2 1/2 ton vehicle to feel this nimble can be deceptive. I have to always remember that you CAN'T overcome simple physics.

Oh, in the future ALL purchases of new vehicles will have the DHP option included in our fleet.
They would all handle different, even with the cars being in Comfort mode? I ask because I was under the impression that the suspension only becomes engaged once you switch to Sport or Sport+.
Yes- magnotheoreitical dampers are materially more comliant than springs. DHP is worth every penny.
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2016, 12:17 PM   #24
squeaky
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Did you see this? Shows it has Dynamic Handling Package.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1266718
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 09:03 PM   #25
c63er
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeaky View Post
Did you see this? Shows it has Dynamic Handling Package.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1266718
Thank you, unfortuantly its very far from me and I need to see the car in person before buying
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 03:21 PM   #26
X5Jouster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50I Msport

sold mine for 55k to a dealer in boston... wish i could figure out who is goes too!!

pretty sure i had ZDH or such. it had all the adaptive m sport suspension options off the showroom floor, and now that it was mentioned, i can almost gurantee with the options it had (87k List) it was probably ordered and rejected by purchaser

anyone with a 2014 50i used with about 15k miles purchased after 4/20?