BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-06-2014, 01:57 AM   #1
kip1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M50d

Sound on you tube when using internet?

The most useless things I bought were bmw internet and bmw apps. I honestly don't Think of any usage for bmw apps. Internet is extremely slow and videos on You tube Are jerky Even in 4g coverage and There is no sound. Actually its unusable. Still To use You tube atleast When waiting for someone in the Car, does anyone have an idea of How To get sound?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 02:32 AM   #2
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip1 View Post
The most useless things I bought were bmw internet and bmw apps. I honestly don't Think of any usage for bmw apps. Internet is extremely slow and videos on You tube Are jerky Even in 4g coverage and There is no sound. Actually its unusable. Still To use You tube atleast When waiting for someone in the Car, does anyone have an idea of How To get sound?
If you're looking for youtube sound, why don't you just use your phone with an AUX cable or bluetooth? I use an AUX cable for all my sound from my phone for music/pandora/youtube.
      09-06-2014, 04:16 PM   #3
kip1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
If you're looking for youtube sound, why don't you just use your phone with an AUX cable or bluetooth? I use an AUX cable for all my sound from my phone for music/pandora/youtube.
But can I stream youtube video from phone to car? I know I can stream music, but the connection with android does not work as well as with iphone (no surprise).
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 04:20 PM   #4
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip1 View Post
But can I stream youtube video from phone to car? I know I can stream music, but the connection with android does not work as well as with iphone (no surprise).
My connection works without issues and great clarity through my AUX input/DAC cable setup. No, you cannot stream Youtube video or any video from your phone unless you do some aftermarket setup that deals with composite inputs.