BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-11-2014, 08:05 PM   #23
sand99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/F80 M3

@MattBianco: That's terrible. If you have ACC Stop and Go but don't have the cameras, speed limit info, and blind spot warning it does sound like the factory messed up, as you're not supposed to get ACC without those options which are part of the DAP Plus package. In other words, DAP Plus is required in order to get ACC, but it sounds like they gave you ACC as a standalone option.

It's also weird that you didn't get your window sticker. I've ordered all of my BMWs too and always got a window sticker. The dealer just puts it in the glovebox.

@1230vani: I have the M Performance power kit (MPPK) and M Performance kidneys. There are a ton of additional M Performance parts which I don't have. I wrote more on the kit when I got my X5 a few months ago: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=996196
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2014, 08:29 PM   #24
Haris
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 BMW M4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand99 View Post
@MattBianco: That's terrible. If you have ACC Stop and Go but don't have the cameras, speed limit info, and blind spot warning it does sound like the factory messed up, as you're not supposed to get ACC without those options which are part of the DAP Plus package. In other words, DAP Plus is required in order to get ACC, but it sounds like they gave you ACC as a standalone option.

It's also weird that you didn't get your window sticker. I've ordered all of my BMWs too and always got a window sticker. The dealer just puts it in the glovebox.
It's possible. You can just get DAP and ACC Stop and Go -- without DAP+. Check order/pricing guide. I think bmwusa configurator also lets you do it.

Yeah I always got my window sticker on my custom order vehicles. You sure you don't have it somewhere in your paperwork or glovebox?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 12:13 AM   #25
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haris View Post
It's possible. You can just get DAP and ACC Stop and Go -- without DAP+. Check order/pricing guide. I think bmwusa configurator also lets you do it.

Yeah I always got my window sticker on my custom order vehicles. You sure you don't have it somewhere in your paperwork or glovebox?
I am sure it is in the paperwork, but I am not with the car as I am traveling. I have the order form however, and it should match.

I was also guided to http://www.bmwarchive.org by another helpful user and it confirms DAP. Also, dealer personnel confirmed it should be there.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 04:40 AM   #26
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
I am sure it is in the paperwork, but I am not with the car as I am traveling. I have the order form however, and it should match.

I was also guided to http://www.bmwarchive.org by another helpful user and it confirms DAP. Also, dealer personnel confirmed it should be there.
Sad about the mix up. Did you print the VIN decoder report? I think it is printed before the car goes into production. I hope they take care of you properly.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ht=vin+decoder
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 09:38 AM   #27
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Thanks. I have 30d with M package (35d in US).

So, I started to talk to BMW with regards to the power increase. First what they've told me is that it might require performance brakes as well. This may be true as there is some note written about it on the german catalogue for accessories. For 35i it does not say anything about the brakes. I took a good look at the brakes and they seem quite tiny in comparison to the X6 40d brakes I had. If brakes have to be changed, then I will wait with the perf package until brakes and discs are due to change. I also wanted to install the M performance footrest and BMW told me "computer says no" for my car, but they find it strange and will order the part and check on one of their cars. Regarding the M performance for 35d perhaps someone here has experience? Nobody yet installed in with my dealer.

One other question, do you get the Mperformance logo now when you start the car?

Thanks a lot for your feedback! Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand99 View Post

@1230vani: I have the M Performance power kit (MPPK) and M Performance kidneys. There are a ton of additional M Performance parts which I don't have. I wrote more on the kit when I got my X5 a few months ago: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=996196
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #28
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1230vani View Post

"computer says no"
I forgot the British show that is from, but it is a memorable line. Thanks for refreshing it in this context.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #29
sand99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/F80 M3

I'm not sure why they'd tell you that you may need the M Performance brakes to go with the power kit. Sounds to me like they're trying to make some extra money. The power kit shaves a couple tenths off 0-60, it's not like our 35i has magically transformed into a 50i or something.

Compared to the stock 35i, you can really feel the difference the MPPK makes off the line, and in highway passing power, but it's still not on the same power/performance level as the 50i that we test drove (and I didn't expect it to be either given the price difference).

The power kit comes with an "///M Performance Power Kit" badge that goes in the engine bay and 2 "///M Performance" stickers. I didn't put on the stickers, as I'm not 18 anymore. You still get the standard BMW Connected Drive screen when you start it, if you want the M Performance screen you have to code it (@r33 has done it, so he'd be the person to ask). When you go to the Sport Displays section in iDrive, it now reads "400 horsepower/400 torque" as the max values compared to the stock 35i which reads "320/320".

The F15 MPPK kit doesn't come with the extra goodies that F30 owners get like the M Performance engine cover, or the intake. It literally ships in a business envelope -- it's a simple software flash that your dealer performs. The dealer types in my MPPK serial number and key, and voila, my X5 gets the extra power and deeper exhaust note. The instructions also say this applies to the F16 X6 with N55 engine too.

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be able to put the footrest in for you. But I'm not sure if the M Performance power kit and exhaust are available for the other engines yet. The M Performance parts list for the F15 X5 can be found here: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=965896
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #30
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

@1230vani, @sand99 is correct. You can code the M Splash screen and the M Performance Brakes can be installed without the MPPK. It has nothing to do with MPPK.
Also the footrest should be do-able.

@sand99, after you mentioned that all they need to do just a software flash for the MPPK, now I am wondering if I can code the screen to show 400 hp and 400 torque.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 06:15 PM   #31
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1230vani View Post

"computer says no"
I forgot the British show that is from, but it is a memorable line. Thanks for refreshing it in this context.
Little Britain
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 06:18 PM   #32
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33
@1230vani, @sand99 is correct. You can code the M Splash screen and the M Performance Brakes can be installed without the MPPK. It has nothing to do with MPPK.
Also the footrest should be do-able.

@sand99, after you mentioned that all they need to do just a software flash for the MPPK, now I am wondering if I can code the screen to show 400 hp and 400 torque.
Thanks to both! Very useful info!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 03:22 AM   #33
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

For adding M performance to 30d M sport brakes need to be updated as well (to Performance Bremsanlage). Not the case with the 35i. I know it is strange, but I got an email confirming it, I think it is right. When I was adding the rivets for the grill, I noticed how small are the front brakes, so it kind of makes sense (although it is a small increase in hp with m performance kit). Anyways, I will wait it out until normal brake change as they are anyways not a part of the service package I have (unless I buy an M50d before that ). With regards to the footrest, I am quite sure that will work (they ordered it and will test fitment on one of their X5's 30d with an M package).
Appreciate 0