BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-14-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Pro Sat Nav - is there a 'via' option

I think I know the answer to this but I'll ask it anyway just to be certain.

In the Pro Nav in the X15, is there anyway that anyone knows to do a 'via' without having to specify an actual stopping point/waypoint?

I know there is a route magnet option in the Nav which can be turned on through coding but it only half works, you get a map where you can drag a point around but you can't set the point for the route to be drawn towards which is how it is supposed to work. Maybe the new software version enables this?

For example, just completed a long journey from Nottingham to Inverness and back, now when coming back I had to drop someone off the far side of Nottingham, near the A1, well within 20 miles of it. When I enter the destination it wants me to go down the A1 which I wasn't going to do, I wanted to go down the M74/M6. Now you can ignore the nav it but part of the reason for satnav is for it to save you having to read a map to get to where you want to go, especially when you are on unfamiliar roads as I was around Edinburgh & Glasgow. Once I got to the M74 it then tried to get me to take several roads across to the A1, only when I got south of Manchester did it give up and get the idea I was going down the M6 to Stoke and across the A50.

One issue with the BMW sat nav is it only shows you the time to your next stop, other satnavs I have use allow you to view the time to the final destination where stop offs have been planned.

The BMW Pro Nav is good, just not great due to these small niggles. If they were ironed out it would be one of the best in car navs out there.
Appreciate 0