Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X5M Sp/'06 M3/DD:Inf QX4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1OOORR View Post
Sorry I over look that post
I spoke to my SA and said that My BMW Remote for Android App is still under inwork for the US. Not avail yet at this time.

Last edited by oskee64; 04-08-2014 at 09:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 09:42 AM   #24
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerEast
Does anyone in the US have access to the climate features? My iphone app (v 2.8) only shows options for vehicle location, online search, lock / unlock, horn and headlights.
Lowereast,

No climate feature. They disabled it.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 12:20 PM   #25
gikseiman
Registered
Rep
Drives: VW

I just picked up a f15, trying to get my remote app to work, there was no option on the connected drive portal. I called the helpdesk, they said it was an optional extra at factory..

The option they said I needed was called Remote Services. I checked the UK spec page and it's standard on the f15's...

So confused lol. Anyone have this same problem in the UK?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 12:29 PM   #26
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Think you need to get the connected drive subscription at factory for remote services to work. It was a cost extra when I got my f15 in January
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #27
MJF120
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 25D

Did you also add the connecteddrive services package? It was a £230 extra last time I looked.

Without it you can send map locations to your satvav but not much else. No remote unlocking etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 03:36 AM   #28
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by gikseiman View Post
I just picked up a f15, trying to get my remote app to work, there was no option on the connected drive portal. I called the helpdesk, they said it was an optional extra at factory..

The option they said I needed was called Remote Services. I checked the UK spec page and it's standard on the f15's...

Hi

With hindsight being an exact science you should have specified the Connected Drive option as discussed at length in the thread.
A good dealer would have sold you the option - a rearity in itself
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 04:27 AM   #29
MJF120
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 25D

I only know you need the Connected Drive option because I didn't specify it! At the time I remember being told it gave you concierge service etc but not that you needed it for the remote you work. I've lost count of how many concierge services I have access to but have never used so I didn't add that option.

The lack of knowledge at dealers is frustrating (and much discussed on this forum). It is also frustrating that this is a factory only option and not standard on the X5 when, I believe, it may be standard on the normal 5 series.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 04:54 AM   #30
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF120 View Post
I only know you need the Connected Drive option because I didn't specify it! At the time I remember being told it gave you concierge service etc but not that you needed it for the remote you work. I've lost count of how many concierge services I have access to but have never used so I didn't add that option.

The lack of knowledge at dealers is frustrating (and much discussed on this forum). It is also frustrating that this is a factory only option and not standard on the X5 when, I believe, it may be standard on the normal 5 series.
The old adage applies.....You don't know what you don't know....and BMW dealers certainly don't know!

If it wasn't for this forum I would have been in the same situation as you..I originally ordered Auxiliary Heating w/o Connected Drive but changed it after reading through the various posts. So glad I did....its a good service to have and works well.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 05:04 PM   #31
gikseiman
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gikseiman View Post

Thanks all.

I think that is spot on + some of the other comments after a lengthy investigation.

When I went to test drive it, they sang songs about the remote apps, flashing headlights, locking, air climate remotely etc..etc.

Looking back at the quote given, I don't think they even realized this themselves...

So in summary, to have any real use of "BMW My Remote App", you need to purchase "ConnectedDrive Services Package".

The "0" cost optional equipment for "Remote Services" is a little misleading as it isn't at "0" cost because once you select it, it automatically adds the "ConnectedDrive Services Package"

Hope that helps those about to order a new car.

Just to emphasize, this needs to be done at factory on manufacturing I was told. You cannot add after!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 05:08 PM   #32
gikseiman
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
The old adage applies.....You don't know what you don't know....and BMW dealers certainly don't know!

If it wasn't for this forum I would have been in the same situation as you..I originally ordered Auxiliary Heating w/o Connected Drive but changed it after reading through the various posts. So glad I did....its a good service to have and works well.
It was actually quite frustrating because when I went for a test drive, the salesman showed me the app and all its features, but never once mentioned about the package. Also, looking back at the quote, they also didn't mention it!

Ah well, at least I'm enjoying the vehicle itself!
Appreciate 0