BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #1
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP

Question about a lease quote, help?

Hey guys thinking about getting a x5 35i. I wanted to ask you guys what lease deals are you getting for a $72k msrp. I wanna do 10k/36m. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2014, 11:10 PM   #2
Dataready
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5

Lease options

The monthly lease payment (in my opinion) should not be calculated on the MSRP. It should be figured, based on the agreed upon sale price, money factor and residual value. If you are not really short on cash ask your salesman about refundable MSD (refundable Multiple Security Deposit) it will lower the interest and hence the monthly payment.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 07:34 AM   #3
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Can you negotiate your price and order your car with your CA then negotiate the lease with the finance manager when the car comes in? Wouldn't the finance manager have the final say anyways? Then at least I'm spreading out my pain.

I'm ordering an x6 and the residuals aren't out yet.

Also, after your car arrives, don't they have more of an incentive to make sure that you take it home especially if its highly optioned and they're less likely to sell it off the lot?

Forgive me for being ignorant, I just don't know how the leasing game works; only the finance game.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 03:07 AM   #4
Dataready
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbja View Post
Can you negotiate your price and order your car with your CA then negotiate the lease with the finance manager when the car comes in?
Regardless of the contract (Lease or financed) the car has to have a price that is called (the agreed upon price) then you should figure out what fits you of either lease or finance. Once you accepted L or F the numbers are given to the finance manager to write the final contract as L or F.

Quote:
Wouldn't the finance manager have the final say anyways? Then at least I'm spreading out my pain.
No, the finance manager gets the numbers from the CA, who in turn has got them from the financial institution supplying the deal (a Bank or BMW or whatever). The finance manager puts everything in the legal form and on the binding contract for you and the dealer to sign, he usually can not override the sales manager approval unless some figures are wrong.

Quote:
I'm ordering an x6 and the residuals aren't out yet.
if you are ordering say 2017 model year in 2016, they do not depend on the 2017 residual, it is not available. It is simply a multi factors formula that takes in consideration the present price of the car, the demand on the model, what were the last few years resale values, how many miles/year you are buying, and so on.

Quote:
Also, after your car arrives, don't they have more of an incentive to make sure that you take it home especially if its highly optioned and they're less likely to sell it off the lot?
In general once you signed the contract on the day of delivery, it is binding and the car is in your name. Well unless there is a big mistake in the build ( say you wanted option ABC that was $ 4.800 extra) and the vehicle came in without that option through a wrong order, you have the right to 1-request a complete new rebuild (and it should be accelerated) 2 -accept the car as is without the option but with a credit back. 3- refuse the whole deal and just walk away. 4- If the option can be installed by the dealer on the spot 5- Your dealer might offer you other options too.
Quote:
Forgive me for being ignorant, I just don't know how the leasing game works; only the finance game.
The leasing game is similar to finance game as general principal
Lease vs Finance
agreed upon price = Agreed upon price
Money factor = Interest rate
Cap Cost Reduction = Down payment
Aquesition Fee = None
residual value to bank = the equity if any is yours
You pay somebody's depreciation = you pay interest on your own loan

There are way more other issue like on lease you have to carry certain level of insurance, to modify the car you have to have the approval of the real owner, certain use is not allowed (pizza delivery for example) and so on.
The above in no way covers the whole lease or finance process. Ask around.

Last edited by Dataready; 08-13-2014 at 11:33 AM..
Appreciate 0