06-02-2016, 10:58 AM   #375
originalgoods13
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Chevy Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuera09 View Post
Are those water droplets on the left side area or paint bubbles?
Those are suds from the car wash soap, thanks!

Be very careful using the clay method, as it may induce scratches and marring on your paintwork.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 06:37 PM   #376
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalgoods13 View Post
Those are suds from the car wash soap, thanks!

Be very careful using the clay method, as it may induce scratches and marring on your paintwork.
Agree. Be prepared to polish your paint after claying.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 04:22 PM   #377
toxic_bimmer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_bimmer View Post
- some rattling noises developed over last months, coming from the back/trunk area, although its empty;
I hear all kinds of weird noises from the cargo area of my 2015 X6. I first thought that there was something loose in the trunk BUT all was fine. The noises (mostly squeaking and rattling) come and go, but mostly appear on rough surfaces, especially city pavement. My guess is that all these noises come from all the hinges, rails and locks that fix/hold back seats in place and the cargo cover railing in X6 case. My theory is that the structural rigidity of the back part of any SUV is less than that of in the front part due to wide disconnected opening behind the back seats (floor and roof only and no midsection connection), hence all the vibrations and micro deformations of the structure make the metal and plastic parts move more than desired, thus causing the metal and plastic parts make these annoying noises. But this is just a theory.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2016, 01:03 PM   #378
kanvas
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: V8

NO SIGNAL on iDrive screen. I restarted the car twice and waited a bit before iDrive system loaded to its normal configuration/setting. I was freaked out in the beginning.
      06-06-2016, 02:14 AM   #379
hacksics
Private
Sri Lanka
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40e M-Sports 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanvas View Post
NO SIGNAL on iDrive screen. I restarted the car twice and waited a bit before iDrive system loaded to its normal configuration/setting. I was freaked out in the beginning.
upgrade your firmware to the latest from your dealer.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #380
kanvas
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacksics View Post
upgrade your firmware to the latest from your dealer.
Thanks. I assume that's not covered under scheduled maintenance?
      06-06-2016, 11:43 AM   #381
hacksics
Private
Sri Lanka
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40e M-Sports 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanvas View Post
Thanks. I assume that's not covered under scheduled maintenance?
Your agent should upgrade the firmware. It should be covered under scheduled maintenance as it;s a bug in idrive software
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 09:28 PM   #382
zoppp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E60 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iebimmerguy View Post
My car is at the dealer going on a week. I have 7100 miles on it and she has a rattling noise that you can hear with the windows down, when driving in an alley or along side a building. My passengers tell me "sounds like your car is pinging or falling apart"
Completely stock inside and out.
Drove with the dealer foreman and he was saying the N55 is sort of a noisy engine but that my noise is more of a flapping noise.
Update 2 days ago was that they cannot find the source, but mentioned the turbo as a possibility.
My car also has a metallic tapping noise randomly with the engine OFF coming from the VVT. Not sure if this is related or not.
Discouraging to me knowing that this brand new car is in there being driven like crap over and over as they try and correct the issue.
Anyone else have similar issue?
I use premium Shell or Chevron fuel as I do in my other BMW's, thats the first thing I was asked when I drove the car and they heard the sounds from underneath the vehicle.
Check your exhaust valve at the back of the car. Those are known to rattle.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 06:50 PM   #383
hhallinan
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
2015 M5  [0.00]
Constant Steering Correction Required to Stay in Traffic Lane

I'm new to here and hope I'm in the right place, sorry if i'm not.

The moment I drove my 16 x5 with M package off the lot I was away I had to constantly make very slight tweaks to keep the car in my lane of traffic. 4000 miles later and four times back to the shop and i'm told there's nothing wrong with the car! The car is currently in the shop and was driven by the shop foreman and a visiting engineer from BMW, or so i'm told. Originally I thought it might have been the RFT but it seems more probable it the EPS.

I travel the same stretch of highway everyday and have done so in my 05 - 745i my 09 - 750iL my 11 - X5, my wife's 13 - 328i her new 16 - 328i and the 16 - x3 loner. None of them exhibit the same problem keeping the car in the lane of travel. My X5 you only need to take a fleeting glance at the GPS or glance down to pick up your coffee and your over the line. On two recent road trips my forearm was aching from the fatigue of constant course correcting.

At speeds over 100 MPH it's sleight up hair raising. The only post I found was from 2011 where a 5 series was having a similar issue and EPS was thought to be the issue. I know the X5 M has "M tuned" programmed for the steering. I'm I the only one with this issue? I really hope not!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2016, 06:22 AM   #384
ixlr8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

I have similar issue with my '16 35i X5, although not as bad as what you describe. Some folks report getting rid of the RFT's helps, others say it makes it worse. I am afraid to say... you are not alone in this issue and I am gathering that this issue is falling on fairly deaf ears at BMW.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 11:59 AM   #385
mrquick68
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Audi S4/2015 X5 35d M

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhallinan View Post
I'm new to here and hope I'm in the right place, sorry if i'm not.

The moment I drove my 16 x5 with M package off the lot I was away I had to constantly make very slight tweaks to keep the car in my lane of traffic. 4000 miles later and four times back to the shop and i'm told there's nothing wrong with the car! The car is currently in the shop and was driven by the shop foreman and a visiting engineer from BMW, or so i'm told. Originally I thought it might have been the RFT but it seems more probable it the EPS.

I travel the same stretch of highway everyday and have done so in my 05 - 745i my 09 - 750iL my 11 - X5, my wife's 13 - 328i her new 16 - 328i and the 16 - x3 loner. None of them exhibit the same problem keeping the car in the lane of travel. My X5 you only need to take a fleeting glance at the GPS or glance down to pick up your coffee and your over the line. On two recent road trips my forearm was aching from the fatigue of constant course correcting.

At speeds over 100 MPH it's sleight up hair raising. The only post I found was from 2011 where a 5 series was having a similar issue and EPS was thought to be the issue. I know the X5 M has "M tuned" programmed for the steering. I'm I the only one with this issue? I really hope not!
confirm tire pressure is set accurately. BMWs are sensitive to PSI changes, especially the fronts!
1993 Porsche RS America - Polar Silver on Black - 229 of 701. Motion Control Coilovers - BBS LMs - 993TT Big Brakes - Roll bar - Recaro Sportster CS's - Golden Rod/Rothsport SSK - Full Race Billy Boat Exhaust - ERP camber kit
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2016, 12:42 PM   #386
UnhappySwede
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 -2016

Im not sure there's a problem with the steering, it is just naturally very very loose once the F15 is equipped with the M adaptive suspension. People on this forum complain about it all the time. I described it as a feel of constantly driving on ice - is that how you experience it aswell?

Anyways, I came here to post about my issues so far, 6 months in with a brand new F15 2016 25d

-Windshield gets destroyed by every single stone hitting it. Two weeks after picking it up during Swedish winter, the windshield was broken in tons of places. Three Days after replacing it in the spring, I got my first hole in the next windscreen. Before this, my last glass repair was in 2006.

-Fog light cracked up aswell. My BMW repair shop took a look and said it probably wasnt even a stone that did it - BMW fog lights are known to self-destruct. Impressive

-Coolant radiator is unprotected and looks like it's 20 years old already for the same reason as my wind shield. No leaks yet, as others here had, but Im just waiting for it to happend.

-RFT tires keep losing their balance. Despite being just 19 inch, they keep losing their balance. Sometimes they regain it, sometimes I have to rebalance them. And sometimes, very often actually, I have to clean the inside of the rims from even smaller chunks of mud.

-I get "drivetrain malfunction - maximal output not possible. See workshop" now and then for no reason. It clears if I let the car sit for a while. Dealer is going to take a look at it, but Reading on the internet, people had huge, long lasting and expensive issues with this.

Overall, I am not satisfied with the quality of this car. It is a 2016 and all bugs should be out, yet I've spent more time in the repair shop with this expensive toy than with all my other cars in the past 10 years. Looking forward going back to korean cars or something.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 02:01 PM   #387
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

My instrument dash went black twice ( once about couple of weeks after delivery of the new car and once a few months after ) It never happened again so never bothered to bring the car in.

My steering column did not adjust up/down recently, so I brought it in for diagnostics... They found the steering column adjustment motor faulty which was replaced under warranty and they also did a software update to fix the dash going black.
      06-30-2016, 05:29 PM   #388
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

anyone else having this same problem with their idrive control...?

It's a little annoying because when mine does this (on a daily basis), it doesn't "click" down, so it becomes difficult to anticipate if my selection was actually made or not.
Attached Images

06-30-2016, 06:13 PM   #389
originalgoods13
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Chevy Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhappySwede
Im not sure there's a problem with the steering, it is just naturally very very loose once the F15 is equipped with the M adaptive suspension. People on this forum complain about it all the time. I described it as a feel of constantly driving on ice - is that how you experience it aswell?

Anyways, I came here to post about my issues so far, 6 months in with a brand new F15 2016 25d

-Windshield gets destroyed by every single stone hitting it. Two weeks after picking it up during Swedish winter, the windshield was broken in tons of places. Three Days after replacing it in the spring, I got my first hole in the next windscreen. Before this, my last glass repair was in 2006.

-Fog light cracked up aswell. My BMW repair shop took a look and said it probably wasnt even a stone that did it - BMW fog lights are known to self-destruct. Impressive

-Coolant radiator is unprotected and looks like it's 20 years old already for the same reason as my wind shield. No leaks yet, as others here had, but Im just waiting for it to happend.

-RFT tires keep losing their balance. Despite being just 19 inch, they keep losing their balance. Sometimes they regain it, sometimes I have to rebalance them. And sometimes, very often actually, I have to clean the inside of the rims from even smaller chunks of mud.

-I get "drivetrain malfunction - maximal output not possible. See workshop" now and then for no reason. It clears if I let the car sit for a while. Dealer is going to take a look at it, but Reading on the internet, people had huge, long lasting and expensive issues with this.

Overall, I am not satisfied with the quality of this car. It is a 2016 and all bugs should be out, yet I've spent more time in the repair shop with this expensive toy than with all my other cars in the past 10 years. Looking forward going back to korean cars or something.
I was able to protect my intercooler and radiator by installing these behind the grill openings and mine looks brand new for a 2014

It is a plastic rain gutter guard and works quite well.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Amerimax-Ho...5198/202962716
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2016, 12:08 AM   #390
dds007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95, F97, F85, F82

Has anyone had their car shut off and be put in park in heavy stop and go traffic?

This has happened to me twice now. The auto start/stop feature shuts my car off, to where it is put in park and the car reads "auto start/stop feature is not working. I have to turn my car completely off and then turn it on again before it lets me put it into drive.

Hopefully it is just a fluke, due to the heavy stop and go traffic I have to sit in plus the high heat/humidity in Texas???
      07-03-2016, 09:34 AM   #391
TortugaX5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15 X5 X35i

So, my 8 month old X5's iDrive computer conked out this week. In previous posts in the 'issues' section, I along with many other owners have noted that their iDrive system stops working intermittently and then the display shows 'no signal' before booting back up. I had taken in the truck for service on the system about two months ago and they updated the software and sent me on my way. Since then, I've put about 2,500 miles on it. In those 2.5k miles, I've had the iDrive reboot it's self maybe a 2-3 times. Not a big deal - but now it's another story.

This past Tuesday, as I was backing out of my parking spot in my condo's covered garage, the screen went black and the entertainment system fell silent. I assumed this would resolve it's self like other hiccups in the past. However, after 48+ hours the screen and controller were non-responsive to commands. The HUD was not displaying any iDrive controls, such as the Sirus radio stations as you scroll on the steering wheel or voice commands. I parked the car and sat in idle for about 15 minutes and attempted the old 'restart' method from previous models (hold mute button and eject for ~30sec), but to no avail. I did notice that the cd player sounded like it was trying to spin up and then it would stop. It would also periodically (every other minute) turn on static (like it was searching for a station on FM/AM) and then it would cut off. During this time the screen would cycle between 'no signal' and completely off.

I called into the BMW geniuses this morning and was told that there was likely something loose and that the computer wasn't sending a signal to the screen. I wasn't happy to hear that, but figured I'd schedule an appointment with my SA and try to get it sorted out. Luckily, they have a time available...in two weeks.

No entertainment for two weeks - what will a man do with his time on the road?

But that's not all. After doing a day-hike this evening, I started up the car and voila the iDrive system turned on and the screen began to work. BUT, all of my connected drive and satellite services were GONE. My computer appears to have been reverted back to factory settings of a base model. All of my profiles and settings have been wiped, as well. Im called back in to the BMW genius line and was told that my computer likely went through a 'full power-cycle' which should only have occurred if I had not driven the car for a few months (ie. went on a long vacation - or drive my other car during the summer months) but that's not the case here. He was worried about this being something much more 'intensive' and requiring parts and labor.

Long story short - iDrive shit the bed.

So, has anyone else had this happen? has anyone had their computer replaced?
      07-11-2016, 10:07 AM   #392
ixlr8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

I have only 2 radio stations in my area that I enjoy listening to, so I listen to Sirius radio most of the time. I find the radio drops out a lot, for no apparent reason, enough so that often times it is untenable and I just turn it off. The Sirius radio in my VW virtually never drops out, even going under most bridges. Is the Sirius radio in the X5 a POS or does my car have issues and I need to take it in? I have the base radio, I didn't opt for either upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 11:12 AM   #393
DJIN
Rep
Drives: F15 M50d

Hi, guys! Please help to understand.
I have F15 M50d with night vision and dynamic spot light system.

People are marked yellow on night vision camera only at night.
Warning appears also on HUD with pedestrian icon or animal.

But at day-time there are no warnings on HUD and people are not marked yellow on night vision, but they are still visible on screen and still lighted as a warm objects.

Also - warning about a car which is getting close - is working at day time and night time. Car brakes automatically if i am going to fast to another car behind. Warning appears. Yellow and then red on a HUD.

But for some reason my night vision camera or KAFAS (as i understand) is not working at day time...

As i remember - i always had a warnings about pedestrians at day time.... but for some reason now the system works only at night.

Is that correct? Or what and how i can check it?

Please help. I've already changed my window because of crack but kafas is still not working properly at day time even with new original windscreen window.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 03:16 AM   #394
clemsonee
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_bimmer View Post
I hear all kinds of weird noises from the cargo area of my 2015 X6. I first thought that there was something loose in the trunk BUT all was fine. The noises (mostly squeaking and rattling) come and go, but mostly appear on rough surfaces, especially city pavement. My guess is that all these noises come from all the hinges, rails and locks that fix/hold back seats in place and the cargo cover railing in X6 case. My theory is that the structural rigidity of the back part of any SUV is less than that of in the front part due to wide disconnected opening behind the back seats (floor and roof only and no midsection connection), hence all the vibrations and micro deformations of the structure make the metal and plastic parts move more than desired, thus causing the metal and plastic parts make these annoying noises. But this is just a theory.
I have had noise/rattling coming from my cargo area too (2015 x35d M-Sport) within about 6 months of picking it up 1.5 years ago. During my one and only service (oil change) about 9 months ago, I told BMW SA here in Germany and he told me that they tightened something (he didn't explain it well) and that the rattling was no longer an issue. Good news was that the problem was solved, but bad news is it's back (after about 6 months)! So I'm thinking whatever they did to "tighten" something, it's loosened back up. Has anyone on the forum had a similar experience and actually found the culprit? Whatever they tightened may need some thread locker so that it doesn't loosen up again.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 07:03 AM   #395
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day
anyone else having this same problem with their idrive control...?

It's a little annoying because when mine does this (on a daily basis), it doesn't "click" down, so it becomes difficult to anticipate if my selection was actually made or not.
BUMP
      07-14-2016, 01:54 PM   #396
dieseldelight
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5 xDrive35d

2016 X5 35d xDrive

I ordered my X5 diesel on January and got it delivered on March 3 2016.
- The first problem i observed was at 1200 miles. The X5 would vibrate above 70 mph. I would also tend to go to the left and required adjustment to keep it between lanes all the time (someone also reported this problem on this forum). Took it to the dealer. After multiple try with computer alignment including individual wheel alignments they determined a defective wheel/tire was causing the problem. They replaced the tire and the problem resolved.
- Over the July 4 weekend I was traveling to Ohio from Chicago on I 90. The interstate west/east in Indiana is full of bumps, some quite high. When the X5 hit the bigger bumps at 70+ mph there was a lateral jerk as if the vehicle tried to stop for a few milliseconds and then back to normal. Took it to the dealer, they couldn't recreate it due to lower speed limits and nicer roads around. They still ran the computer diagnostics and couldn't find anything . They indicated the DSC might be interfering due to the wheels being airborne momentarily but refrained from confirming. Next time DSC will be off when i am there to see the effect.
Did anyone experience this in the similar situation?
Appreciate 0