United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d, 2008 Lexus IS-F

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F15GorDe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBBVTMxX View Post
I purchased it in Texas, CPO. I came fully loaded except for ventilated seats 🤷🏽*♂️

It does sound pretty awesome and even with the CarPlay MMI Prime 🤙🏽
Poke around on this forum about the ventilated seats. You’ll find that for the most part people that have them are somewhat underwhelmed, plus there is not enough cushion in them. If you have the “comfort” seats you will be much happier, stock seats are still more comfortable than the ventilated ones, even in Socal, Florida or TEXAS where it’s stinking hot.

And as always, YMMV. 😎
I gotcha, but I'm not a fan of the ventilated seats. I had them in a previos 2014 X5 before I upgraded to the M Sport and while checking it out it seems like the vetilation is sucking air into the seat rather than pushing air out onto the driver. So in concept, yeah it'll cool down the seats before you sit on it but after you sit on them it's straight useless.

Unless my model was built with the fans wrong in the factory hahaha. Still, not a fan and can do without them 🤙🏽
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 09:56 AM   #24
~ViO~
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M, 2015 X6 50i

Quote:
I gotcha, but I'm not a fan of the ventilated seats. I had them in a previos 2014 X5 before I upgraded to the M Sport and while checking it out it seems like the vetilation is sucking air into the seat rather than pushing air out onto the driver. So in concept, yeah it'll cool down the seats before you sit on it but after you sit on them it's straight useless.

Unless my model was built with the fans wrong in the factory hahaha. Still, not a fan and can do without them 🤙🏽
I'll 2nd that.. I had them in my previous X6M and didn't care for the look of the preforations (tiny holes). To each his own.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 10:16 PM   #25
BMWofVS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
Quote:
Good day to all. New to the BMW Forum. This is my 2014 35d and I have customized it just how I wanted it. Thank God all projects have been done with no issues.

However, when it comes to scanner tools for checking your systems I highly recommend the Foxwell NT530 with BMW software.

Things I've done to my X5;

-OEM 6WA to 6WB Cluster upgrade (w/ HUD Capable)
-OEM Wheels Powder Coated to Black
-OEM Floating Center Caps
-OEM Chrome Grille surround swapped with OEM Black (NV does not have a black grille)
-Interior Custom Carbon Fiber Skinning trim
-CarPlay MMI Prime w/ Screen Mirroring
-ADD W1 Oil Catch Can
-K&N Air Filter
-Crystal Start Button
-Side View Mirror Carbon Fiber Covers
-Lamin X headlights & Taillights film
-Front Matching Window Film (matches rear)

I will say that the whole the Oil Catch Cans are user preference I do like having it. Since I installed it I have not had oily spots on the rear bumper near the exhaust and have not smelled that rarely burnt oil odor either.

I have also coded my own so have various coding options enabled.
Liking the Lamin X headlights & Taillights film do you recall what color you purchased? Is the headlights tint and taillights gunsmoke?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 10:25 PM   #26
XxBBVTMxX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d, 2008 Lexus IS-F

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWofVS View Post
Quote:
Good day to all. New to the BMW Forum. This is my 2014 35d and I have customized it just how I wanted it. Thank God all projects have been done with no issues.

However, when it comes to scanner tools for checking your systems I highly recommend the Foxwell NT530 with BMW software.

Things I've done to my X5;

-OEM 6WA to 6WB Cluster upgrade (w/ HUD Capable)
-OEM Wheels Powder Coated to Black
-OEM Floating Center Caps
-OEM Chrome Grille surround swapped with OEM Black (NV does not have a black grille)
-Interior Custom Carbon Fiber Skinning trim
-CarPlay MMI Prime w/ Screen Mirroring
-ADD W1 Oil Catch Can
-K&N Air Filter
-Crystal Start Button
-Side View Mirror Carbon Fiber Covers
-Lamin X headlights & Taillights film
-Front Matching Window Film (matches rear)

I will say that the whole the Oil Catch Cans are user preference I do like having it. Since I installed it I have not had oily spots on the rear bumper near the exhaust and have not smelled that rarely burnt oil odor either.

I have also coded my own so have various coding options enabled.
Liking the Lamin X headlights & Taillights film do you recall what color you purchased? Is the headlights tint and taillights gunsmoke?
Thanks. That is correct, tint fronts and Gunsmoke Tails. I also got blue for the fogs but been lazy lately and haven't gotten to it 😅
Appreciate 0