BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-20-2021, 04:00 AM   #1
12thmanproud
Rep
Drives: BMW F85

Smile Noelle Performance

Hello,

Wanted to know if anyone on here has had Noelle Performance tune installed in their ride? Mine is 17' X5 M and I'm considering doing this. Company link here: https://www.noelleperformance.com/m-series/

Thanks for any help!!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 09:08 AM   #2
spyfish007
Getting older, but I still love awesome fast cars!
Rep
Drives: 2017 X6M & 2016 Z4 sDrive35is

Wow that is so much power for just a tune!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 01:07 PM   #3
Blue By You
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB X5M F85

Holy smokes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thmanproud View Post
Hello,

Wanted to know if anyone on here has had Noelle Performance tune installed in their ride? Mine is 17' X5 M and I'm considering doing this. Company link here: https://www.noelleperformance.com/m-series/

Thanks for any help!!
That is insane. Thank you for the heads up on this!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 01:10 PM   #4
YvesD
Lamininist
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Carbon Black X5M

That's about 100hp more than we normally get over here from high end ECU tunes, they must be boosting the turbos pretty hard, very impressive numbers.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 03:13 PM   #5
Barry_S
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 F10

Garage List
2015 BMW F10 M5  [0.00]
2018 BMW F15 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Hello,

Thanks for any help!!
Ask them for a dyno or draggy run. You won't get one.

I also have an M5 and there was a lot of talk on that forum. Check it out.
Appreciate 4
      03-20-2021, 04:02 PM   #6
BadCompany
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e-tron GT, C63 507, ISF, Elise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_S View Post
Quote:
Hello,

Thanks for any help!!

This. Read the F90 forum. Noelle is a joke and arguably a scam. They basically forbid you from dyno testing and have millions of excuses about why if you do dyno, it will never reflect their claims. No owners ever posts dynos. No draggy. Nothing. Nothing but snake oil.
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2021, 06:51 PM   #7
KLR X5M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

There is no magic sauce. All tuners have the same tools at their disposal and well defined and characterized map info for these ecus. The s63tu2 in our f85 is kind of A unique model, half way between the Tu and tu4 in the F90, f95 etc. Its fundamentally limited by fueling system. All tuners will be able to make within 20whp of each other for this car. Figure 620-640 who without meth and full bolt ons, 670ish with meth.
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2021, 09:18 PM   #8
dubs
Private
Rep
Drives: C63

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ghlight=noelle

https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1678497
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 05:53 AM   #9
12thmanproud
Rep

Quote:

Did some research on other forums and found one guy who did the tune in a M5 and didn't get any impressive numbers on the dyno but said while driving it seemed faster. That forum also had serious doubts about what it really does.

Also my car is out of warranty, wrote Noelle and they said in my case the only thing covered was the software not the car.

They have dyno for you to see:
https://www.noelleperformance.com/wp...-Dyno-Test.pdf

Would like to find someone with same model and ask some questions cause $5K is a lot for some software and tuning.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 06:15 AM   #10
12thmanproud
Rep

So there's a post of the dyno on the f90 forum where the guy shows his dyno not impressive but according to what I've read the tune has protective measures that keeps the car from being properly dyno runs. Something similar to not being able to launch the car until you reach appropriate running temps, driving 6 miles etc. By the way the dyno numbers are from a German company called MTO engineering and after researching them they are not a small company they do all kinds of tuning from cars, bus, trains, large industrial engines etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 07:55 AM   #11
Barry_S
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW F10 M5  [0.00]
2018 BMW F15 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Did some research on other forums and found one guy who did the tune in a M5 and didn't get any impressive numbers on the dyno but said while driving it seemed faster. That forum also had serious doubts about what it really does.

Also my car is out of warranty, wrote Noelle and they said in my case the only thing covered was the software not the car.

They have dyno for you to see:

Would like to find someone with same model and ask some questions cause $5K is a lot for some software and tuning.
Here is how I look at it. We've all paid a considerable amount of money for our vehicles. BMW has tuned them to what their engineers have determined to be "the limit" of power relative to the mechanical components they've used. If we want more power than that, then we take the risk.

There is a reason why they have followed other manufacturers lead and can now detect all tunes, both ECU and piggy. They don't want to pay for failure with tuners taking them over the engineered tolerances.

That being said, I'm not going to trust my machine to someone who has a fancy website and makes unreasonable warranty claims. I want someone who has tested and used this software themselves. I want them to have had skin in the game and have taken the same risks they are selling with their software.

I have the BPM tune in my M5. I chose Mike because he also has/had the same car and tested the tune. Their are tons of users and I had Mike "dull" the tune slightly to bring the TQ down to preserve the clutch. https://www.bpmsport.com/services/tu...5x5m-tune.html

The other tuner who takes a similar approach is Imran at Evolve Automotive. There are also tons of users and he has thoroughly track tested his tunes. They have a US based site. https://www.evolvetuning.us/makes/bm...m-f86-x6m.html

One other to consider is Race Chip. It's a piggy though and not the approach I wanted. Ben from RG Sport is on this forum and also has an X5 (I believe an F15) https://www.rgsportshop.com/BMW/F85-...&limit=100

I wouldn't trust any other.

Barry
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 08:20 AM   #12
12thmanproud
Rep

Quote:
Here is how I look at it. We've all paid a considerable amount of money for our vehicles. BMW has tuned them to what their engineers have determined to be "the limit" of power relative to the mechanical components they've used. If we want more power than that, then we take the risk.

There is a reason why they have followed other manufacturers lead and can now detect all tunes, both ECU and piggy. They don't want to pay for failure with tuners taking them over the engineered tolerances.

That being said, I'm not going to trust my machine to someone who has a fancy website and makes unreasonable warranty claims. I want someone who has tested and used this software themselves. I want them to have had skin in the game and have taken the same risks they are selling with their software.

I have the BPM tune in my M5. I chose Mike because he also has/had the same car and tested the tune. Their are tons of users and I had Mike "dull" the tune slightly to bring the TQ down to preserve the clutch. https://www.bpmsport.com/services/tu...5x5m-tune.html

The other tuner who takes a similar approach is Imran at Evolve Automotive. There are also tons of users and he has thoroughly track tested his tunes. They have a US based site. https://www.evolvetuning.us/makes/bm...m-f86-x6m.html

One other to consider is Race Chip. It's a piggy though and not the approach I wanted. Ben from RG Sport is on this forum and also has an X5 (I believe an F15) https://www.rgsportshop.com/BMW/F85-...1092&limit=100

Barry
Thank you for all the very informative information. Can you tell me how long the BPM tune has been in your ride and if you have any issues please? BPM seems interesting never heard of them. I've looked at Dinan, JB4, Noelle and each seems to have it's issues especially JB4 as it seems difficult, time consuming to install.

All I'm looking for is a little more HP and most importantly reliability not something that needs a bunch of other upgrades like valve, diff, etc. Went down that road on a different car and at first it was amazing until a few years later issues started to creep in.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 10:26 PM   #13
Barry_S
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW F10 M5  [0.00]
2018 BMW F15 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

One other to consider is Race Chip. It's a piggy though and not the approach I wanted. Ben from RG Sport is on this forum and also has an X5 (I believe an F15) https://www.rgsportshop.com/BMW/F85-...&limit=100

Barry
Thank you for all the very informative information. Can you tell me how long the BPM tune has been in your ride and if you have any issues please? BPM seems interesting never heard of them. I've looked at Dinan, JB4, Noelle and each seems to have it's issues especially JB4 as it seems difficult, time consuming to install.

All I'm looking for is a little more HP and most importantly reliability not something that needs a bunch of other upgrades like valve, diff, etc. Went down that road on a different car and at first it was amazing until a few years later issues started to creep in.
Purchased in November 2019 after my warranty expired. My only problem is I have the Silverstone interior and sometimes I need to use heavy duty leather cleaner on the passenger seat. 😀
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2021, 10:34 PM   #14
12thmanproud
Rep

Quote:
Purchased in November 2019 after my warranty expired. My only problem is I have the Silverstone interior and sometimes I need to use heavy duty leather cleaner on the passenger seat. 😀
Thanks for the information. Tan passenger seat is a b*tch!!! Haha!!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 12:16 PM   #15
mtr3s
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

MHD is working on this platform, not sure when it will release but had an MHD tune on my M4 and it ran just fine. Plus, hundreds cheaper than BM3 or any other tune.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 02:12 AM   #16
12thmanproud
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtr3s View Post
MHD is working on this platform, not sure when it will release but had an MHD tune on my M4 and it ran just fine. Plus, hundreds cheaper than BM3 or any other tune.
Are you tuned? If so what are you using? Still exploring my options.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 08:45 AM   #17
Blue By You
Major
Rep

Noelle Tune

FWIW, I had a conversation with my local Noelle rep. They were great, very helpful with insight on what I would need to do, but also gave me some misinformation about the visibility of the tune. They offered me a guarantee that if I'm unsatisfied with the tune that they would revert back to stock and refund my money. That right there tells me that they're credible and inspires confidence in the tune.

I also spoke with Ron at Noelle. Even though my rig is a CPO, it's technically out of factory warranty, so they cannot support warranty replacement of any factory components (other than what they installed) He seems to be very knowledgeable and he took a long time on the phone with me. Important to note is that he recommended NOT installing an intake or exhaust. If he's correct about that, it saves a ton of money and aggravation. Not to mention, it reduces attention the vehicle will receive at the dealership since your vehicle could seem completely stock other than the computer seeing a potential tune on it.

I like the idea of Noelle's "operating system" for the entire driveline (not just engine) to enhance the overall vehicle performance. I also appreciate their stance on changing all of the fluids on a more regular basis. Something I'm going to do regardless. But since I keep hearing about how strict BMW is regarding mods, I'm going to take my time with the whole tuning thing so that I enjoy my ride, leverage my CPO warranties as long as possible, etc. And of course, I'll probably get impatient and just install a tune at some point!

Please keep the information flowing on all tuning options. It's helpful for a new owner like me!

Thanks

Last edited by Blue By You; 03-27-2021 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 03:41 PM   #18
msdss
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2020 BMW M2C

Garage List
STAY AWAY from Noelle.
There are countless posts about this company in the S55 forums.

TLDR:
Unproven power. Their warranty is absolute trash. And if you try and dyno your car your warranty is voided. I have heard of 0 people that have had a good experience with them.

Any company that claims X, but will void your warranty if you try and verify it is a huge red flag to me.

Whenever someone comes creeping in on the M2C forums claiming how good Noelle is, people end up finding out that they work for Noelle.

Buyer beware.

Last edited by msdss; 08-16-2021 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2021, 08:19 PM   #19
Blue By You
Major
Rep

Okay but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdss View Post
STAY AWAY from Noelle.

TLDR:
Unproven power. Their warranty is absolute trash. And if you try and dyno your car your warranty is voided. I have heard of 0 people that have had a good experience with them.

Any company that claims X, but will void your warranty if you try and verify it is a huge red flag to me.

Whenever someone comes creeping in on the M2C forums claiming how good Noelle is, people end up finding out that they work for Noelle.

Buyer beware.
What about the fact that they'll return and refund after a week if I don't like the tune? Where is the risk in that if I get this money-back guarantee in writing?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 09:56 PM   #20
msdss
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue By You View Post
Quote:
STAY AWAY from Noelle.

TLDR:

Buyer beware.
What about the fact that they'll return and refund after a week if I don't like the tune? Where is the risk in that if I get this money-back guarantee in writing?
go for it. I personally don't see any value in getting a butt dyno tune. you can't verify anything that they are promising.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 10:20 PM   #21
Blue By You
Major
Rep

No warranty for me

Quote:
go for it. I personally don't see any value in getting a butt dyno tune. you can't verify anything that they are promising.
They won't warranty me anyway because my rig is a CPO and not under factory warranty.

I'm not totally sold on going with their tune if and when I do. But the tuning of the complete OS as they claim is intriguing.

But as you mentioned they're very controversial so who knows!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 10:55 PM   #22
msdss
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue By You View Post
They won't warranty me anyway because my rig is a CPO and not under factory warranty.

I'm not totally sold on going with their tune if and when I do. But the tuning of the complete OS as they claim is intriguing.

But as you mentioned they're very controversial so who knows!
if it isn't the warranty then what exactly is pulling you towards them?
places like bm3 seem to be way more popular around here.
even dinan and carbahn have seemingly favorable reviews.

/shrug
Appreciate 0