BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-25-2023, 11:56 AM   #1
Shorty1608
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RB F15

Panoramic / Moon Roof Help

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the sunshade on the panoramic roof?

I bought my F15 and the 2 shade parts were in the boot

I'm trying to refit them and I'm wondering where everything should line up and if I'm missing anything? Is the shade meant to hook onto any part of the running gear if that makes sense?

I've so far replaced the 2 little hooks that attach each section to one another.

Any pictures / videos would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2023, 08:54 PM   #2
1norseman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

If it is what I believe you are asking about, you will have to remove the roof liner to reinstall them.. Those are not "removable", should not have been "in the boot"/trunk.

The roof floating headliners /sunroof sunshades are hooked up to electric drive and moves with the sunroof button.

Best I can do with images is this:
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...-X5_50iX&mg=54
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 02:07 PM   #3
Shorty1608
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RB F15

Hi ,

thanks for the reply.

I'm struggling to upload pictures but I understand what you mean, I've had the glass out of the sunroof and got the shades back on the runners I just need to know what bits they attach to, there are a couple of components that drive the shade but I can't see where the shade attaches to these.

If anyone has any pictures of the shade operating from above that's what would help massively

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 04:08 PM   #4
rmcx5
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 40d F15

I've got a similar issue, mine have just disconnected from each other so the front panel slides back and forth but the rear one doesn't move.

I think i need to buy the connectors but before I do i need to understand how it all goes together!

Not much help to you I know but I did find this video showing the mechanism in action if that helps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWoL...ist=WL&index=5
Appreciate 0