BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-13-2020, 07:54 PM   #1
ForteUnited
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

2015 BMW X5 sDrive AC Issue

I have a 2015 BMW X5 sDrive. I am having a weird issue with the air conditioner. There are times when on the first use of the vehicle for the day the AC will not turn on correctly and the system will continue to blow hot/normal air regardless of what I do with the settings. It is very strange. After it finally decides to start blowing cold air, which can randomly vary from 5 minutes to up to 45 or 60 minutes later, I will not have an issue with it for the rest of the day.

So essentially I will get in the car and start driving to work and randomly during my drive between 5 minutes and 45-60 minutes of driving (traffic) it will start blowing cold air. It is almost like something electronic is not kicking on and then suddenly it decides ah ok, AC is on..start it up.

The other thing that I have noticed is that the LED light on one of the "AUTO" buttons on the climate control panel blinks/flashes/turns off/blinks all the time. It is never a solid green light like the left AUTO climate control button light.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0