BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-05-2020, 04:12 PM   #309
e1000
that's what SHE said!
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

5AG is Active Blind Spot Detection

I think the problem is you have 5AS instead of ZDB (5AT + ZN0)

Are you absolutely sure you have ACC with Stop and Go - radar square in the bottom intake opening in the front bumper?
      11-06-2020, 01:12 PM   #310
saxonel
Rep
Drives: bmw F15

Hello
Thanks for reply
Yes I have ACC with stop&Go. Radar in front bumper bottom.
Yes I have 5AS driving assistant
I don’t know what fdl changes in kafas VO 5AR to check if everything is ok.
Why data lane detection is not transmitted to icm
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 04:42 PM   #311
volc
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 '14 M50D

I was originally having only 5AS (this is only Kafas, without ACC). After adding ACC+TJA I had to code 5AT (ACC) and 5AR (TJA).

It is quite weird that you are still mentioning 5AS.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 03:04 PM   #312
saxonel
Rep
Drives: bmw F15

I have originally 5AT and 5AS and I make VO 5AR
And replace the steering wheel with one with TJA
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 04:49 PM   #313
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
BDC_BODY 3140 LIN_VARIANTE_MFL ACC_Sport_SLD (21) ACC_Sports_STA [22] ( With M Sport steering wheel )

Can anyone tell me what this setting is supposed to before coding for TJA.

I have removed the quizdel as now my wife drives the X5 (I never got this to work) and I'm trying to Uncode everything but this one has a lot of options not just active and not active.

I've undone everything that I think is on this list but I still get an error every time I start the car and it's very annoying as it turns off the reverse camera in the middle of backing up which is frustrating.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 07:12 AM   #314
R4yF15
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
BDC_BODY 3140 LIN_VARIANTE_MFL ACC_Sport_SLD (21) ACC_Sports_STA [22] ( With M Sport steering wheel )

Can anyone tell me what this setting is supposed to before coding for TJA.

I have removed the quizdel as now my wife drives the X5 (I never got this to work) and I'm trying to Uncode everything but this one has a lot of options not just active and not active.

I've undone everything that I think is on this list but I still get an error every time I start the car and it's very annoying as it turns off the reverse camera in the middle of backing up which is frustrating.
U can try contacting SaNGRia for few pointers on this. He has wrote a very nice write up on this and the coding as well.

I am sourcing for the parts to upgrade my normal CC to ACC+TJA myself as well.
Appreciate 1
SaNGRia986.00
      09-06-2021, 10:02 PM   #315
XxBBVTMxX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d, 2008 Lexus IS-F

Garage List
So I just knocked this out with the Quidzel chip on MY14 35d. Easy setup and no issues coding. Works well
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 06:21 AM   #316
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBBVTMxX View Post
So I just knocked this out with the Quidzel chip on MY14 35d. Easy setup and no issues coding. Works well
How difficult would the coding be for someone without knowledge of expert mode coding? I know there is a guide out there, but only have ever coded with Bimmercode at this point.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 08:13 AM   #317
XxBBVTMxX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack123 View Post
Quote:
How difficult would the coding be for someone without knowledge of expert mode coding? I know there is a guide out there, but only have ever coded with Bimmercode at this point.
Easy…

For me it is about learning more coding, not making money so here you go. BTW, I used E-Sys Launcher Pro to do it, not just E-Sys. With the launcher I get to see more info. Do not ask me why for I do not know 🤷🏽

1) Launch E-Sys
2) Go to Expert Mode > Coding

under VEHICLE ORDER box:
3) READ
*FAList will appear below in the dialogue box*

4) SAVE
*save it in the "FA" folder that pops up as "FA_afterTJA" for quick reference, also copy it to your Desktop as well with its original name as this is your original FA.xml file*

5) RIGHT CLICK on "FA" folder, and select "Activate FA"

6) select EDIT tab
*this will take you to "EDITORS & VIEWERS > FA-Editor"*

under EDITORS & VIEWERS box:
7) RIGHT CLICK on "FA" folder, and select "calculate FP"

8) RIGHT CLICK on "FA" folder, and select "Expand"

9) select "SALAPA-Element"
*the "SALAPA-Element Dialogue box" at the bottom of the page will illustrate all your options*

10) look for "5AP", and insert 5AR, after it (only 4 keystrokes> 5 A R ,
*I did mine in order to be easier to find. If you see a red box appear around the "SALAPA-Element Dialogue box" it's because you have not done it correctly. Make sure the 5 A R , you enter look exactly the same as the rest (capitalized & spaced) and to the top right of the "SALAPA-Element Dialogue box" a box with an arrow ( <-[] ) will appear. Press it to save your input of the 5AR, *

11) on the far right dialogue box "VEHICLE PROFILE", verify by selecting folder [9] Option_Car
*you should see folder " [1736] 5AR_TRAFFIC_JAM_ASSISTANT

12) press the blue "FLOPPY DISK" all the way up top to save your work

13) now select Expert Mode > VCM

14) 3 tabs at the bottom (File / Master / Backup) select FILE > 3 DOTS to the right of it

15) select your "FA_afterTJA" file
*this will now appear under under "VEHICLE ORDER (FILE)" dialogue box*

16) RIGHT CLICK on "FA" folder, and select "calculate FP"

17) select the MASTER tab at the bottom

18) press "WRITE FA FP"
*VO CODE COMPLETE*

19) go back to Expert Mode > Coding

20) under "SVT ACTUAL" dialogue box to the top right, press "READ (ECU)"

21) under "SVT" Dialogue box to the left, select the very top "SVT" main folder, RIGHT CLICK, CODE

DONE

You will get a bunch of warnings activate after. Turn off your vehicle, and turn it back on and all warnings are gone. I used ISTA+ to delete all faults as they will be recorded in your ECUs.

after you are done, get your Bimmercode out and code all the stuff you had coded on your vehicle 🤣.
Appreciate 3
      09-07-2021, 08:15 AM   #318
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Easy…

For me it is about learning more coding, not making money so here you go. BTW, I used E-Sys Launcher Pro to do it, not just E-Sys. With the launcher I get to see more info. Do not ask me why for I do not know 🤷🏽

1) Launch E-Sys
2) Go to Expert Mode > Coding

under VEHICLE ORDER box:
3) READ
*FAList will appear below in the dialogue box*

4) SAVE
*save it in the "FA" folder that pops up as "FA_afterTJA" for quick reference, also copy it to your Desktop as well with its original name as this is your original FA.xml file*

5) RIGHT CLICK on "FA" folder, and select "Activate FA"

6) select EDIT tab
*this will take you to "EDITORS & VIEWERS > FA-Editor"*

under EDITORS & VIEWERS box:
7) RIGHT CLICK on "FA" folder, and select "calculate FP"

8) RIGHT CLICK on "FA" folder, and select "Expand"

9) select "SALAPA-Element"
*the "SALAPA-Element Dialogue box" at the bottom of the page will illustrate all your options*

10) look for "5AP", and insert 5AR, after it (only 4 keystrokes> 5 A R ,
*I did mine in order to be easier to find. If you see a red box appear around the "SALAPA-Element Dialogue box" it's because you have not done it correctly. Make sure the 5 A R , you enter look exactly the same as the rest (capitalized & spaced) and to the top right of the "SALAPA-Element Dialogue box" a box with an arrow ( <-[] ) will appear. Press it to save your input of the 5AR, *

11) on the far right dialogue box "VEHICLE PROFILE", verify by selecting folder [9] Option_Car
*you should see folder " [1736] 5AR_TRAFFIC_JAM_ASSISTANT

12) press the blue "FLOPPY DISK" all the way up top to save your work

13) now select Expert Mode > VCM

14) 3 tabs at the bottom (File / Master / Backup) select FILE > 3 DOTS to the right of it

15) select your "FA_afterTJA" file
*this will now appear under under "VEHICLE ORDER (FILE)" dialogue box*

16) RIGHT CLICK on "FA" folder, and select "calculate FP"

17) select the MASTER tab at the bottom

18) press "WRITE FA FP"
*VO CODE COMPLETE*

19) go back to Expert Mode > Coding

20) under "SVT ACTUAL" dialogue box to the top right, press "READ (ECU)"

21) under "SVT" Dialogue box to the left, select the very top "SVT" main folder, RIGHT CLICK, CODE

DONE

after you are done, get your Bimmercode out and code all the stuff you had coded on your vehicle.
You are THE man! Other than that it was just installing the module in the steering wheel correct?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 08:17 AM   #319
XxBBVTMxX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You are THE man! Other than that it was just installing the module in the steering wheel correct?
Correct, but I did unplug my battery and waited a few minutes before I did the module.

I do not fuck around when it comes to Air Bags 👀 or anything electrical on the vehicle. I always unplug the battery.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 08:22 AM   #320
jmack123
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Correct, but I did unplug my battery and waited a few minutes before I did the module.

I do not fuck around when it comes to Air Bags 👀 or anything electrical on the vehicle. I always unplug the battery.
Yes I did the same (unplugged battery and waited till all systems shut down) prior to installing my Carplay module. Also def don't want to set off the airbags lol. This is awesome though. How do you like TJA?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 08:33 AM   #321
XxBBVTMxX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes I did the same (unplugged battery and waited till all systems shut down) prior to installing my Carplay module. Also def don't want to set off the airbags lol. This is awesome though. How do you like TJA?
I have only gotten it to work one time, it was pretty cool. But mine is only coded to the original 25mph 🤷🏽

After you're done with everything, easiest way to check it is at a stop light. As soon as the vehicle in front of you takes off, activate it and it should work until the driver in front of you pulls to far ahead or the vehicle will give you the narrow lanes warning and beep twice, then dud activate.

I'm going to mess with it later to see if I can increase it just a tad bit and see how it does. I read last night that it's meant to work in speeds under 40mph… I don't know.
Appreciate 1
jmack1231300.50
      09-07-2021, 09:11 AM   #322
XxBBVTMxX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Looks like these are the options. I want to keep it under 40, so not doing the 3F.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
jmack1231300.50
      09-07-2021, 10:42 AM   #323
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Quote:
Once you start installing retrofits on your car, that is it, you can't resist to do another one, and another one aaaand another one.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 10:44 AM   #324
XxBBVTMxX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
Quote:
Once you start installing retrofits on your car, that is it, you can't resist to do another one, and another one aaaand another one.
Exactly!

I like to mess around with ISTA & E-Sys, so I'm in there like 👀 🤣🤣🤣
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 01:47 PM   #325
glamprecht
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330iE90, F15X5, F25X3, F15X5

I got a Quidzel unit for my F15 two weeks ago. I downloaded E-Sys and psdzdata, and it seems like the only way to proceed from here is to contact tokenmaster or Quidzel by email. I get no responses at all any emails. I think the emails are delivered on horseback, and maybe the horse is sick, or some pirates sunk the ship with my email on? Not sure, but it does not look like emails work for me. I am an EE with lots of sw dev. and network skills over 25 years, so to get software to work, route packets, etc is the easy part.

Maybe someone on the forum can help me to activate E-Sys or remotely code.

Thanks
      10-23-2021, 07:47 AM   #326
R4yF15
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamprecht View Post
I got a Quidzel unit for my F15 two weeks ago. I downloaded E-Sys and psdzdata, and it seems like the only way to proceed from here is to contact tokenmaster or Quidzel by email. I get no responses at all any emails. I think the emails are delivered on horseback, and maybe the horse is sick, or some pirates sunk the ship with my email on? Not sure, but it does not look like emails work for me. I am an EE with lots of sw dev. and network skills over 25 years, so to get software to work, route packets, etc is the easy part.

Maybe someone on the forum can help me to activate E-Sys or remotely code.

Thanks
What do u mean to activate? U don't need Esys 3.27 with launcher u just need Esys 3.30.1 with lite psdzdata. Installation should be straightforward for 3.30.1 and then just move the psdzdata folder that u downloaded to Cata/psdzdata folder. There are bunch of installation procedure and i've gotten mine from shawnsheridan via PM.

After the Esys 3.30.1 installation complete, just VO code 5AR to the whole car just to be on the safe side.

I would also have ISTA+ to clear all fault and do any initialization/calibration if required but in most cases doesn't really needed.

I am still waiting for my HOD Emulator from bimmer8 shop and will do the coding later. So far my 5AT ACC and 8TH SLI retrofit work perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 09:33 AM   #327
R4yF15
Rep

Just sharing my feedback on TJA from other thread.

Installed the bimmer8 HOD module as per the instruction and did the 5AR coding (VO code for ICM module, the rest FDL editing since I've followed instructions from bimmer8).

I've managed to use the TJA for a single journey of 350km mix 60% highway and 40% town driving. Here is my observation;
1. I've enabled TJA max speed to 99kmh but when i set ACC to say 110kmh, it will still engage when u are following vehicle at <99kmh.
2. My TJA steering response at 99kmh was very good, not much swaying and it seems to steer within lines even though car in front keep on veering left to right. The only drawback is when u have curvy road that require close to 1/4 turn then it will disengage.
3. It can even follow motorcycles for town driving which is quite impressive.
4. For most of town driving, the car could not identify road lane markings (left and right) but TJA works just fine by following front car/motorcycle.
5. Managed to activate the TJA in rainy weather and works just fine except for when it's really heavy, the sensor deactivated by itself with warning on IDrive saying "sensor could not be activated, keep safe distance" error message.

Well I couldn't be more pleased with the results and seeing myself will be using this function more often than not.
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2022, 01:26 PM   #328
tlow
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 Msport

Thought I’d add my feedback as well:
1.) installing quizdel was super easy. I didn’t disconnect the battery. Living in the edge. Hardest part was just finding the springs to unclip the airbag. But it was no biggy
2.) followed the post above to code. https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=317
Worked perfect. Thanks!
3.) Enabled to max speed of 100km/hr
4.). IMHO it works just ok. It’s great in slow moving 10-45mph traffic. In stop n go, not that impressed. A few reasons…after your stopped you need to actually give it some throttle to get moving again. Secondly it doesn’t do a great job of managing cars crossing over lanes and merging. One car slowly moved across into my lane at say 5mph then came to a stop. Their car was still at and angle in the lane, the TJA kept slowly creeping up to the car. I would’ve hit it if I didn’t give it some brake.
5. Speed wise up to 100kmh seems fine. The bigger issue is lane lines and the car in front. If the lane lines aren’t marked great or the car in front starts to drift, the tja will cause the car to drift as well. And it’s not great at correcting. One time almost followed a car over the shoulder lane line and into a ditch. Guy was obviously on his phone so I just wanted to see how my car reacted.
6.) having it set higher is actually a little annoying. If your in just a little bit of traffic going 55-75mph it floats in and out of the traffic jam assist. Not a huge deal just kinda of annoying.

All in all it’s kinda nice to have but if I didn’t have it, wouldn’t care all that much.
Appreciate 2
      03-17-2023, 12:22 PM   #329
maaii11
Private
Rep
Drives: Mini F54

With HOD emulator , mini f54 also works.

https://youtu.be/Ww0HqVvn-UE
Attached Images

Last edited by maaii11; 03-20-2023 at 12:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 09:28 AM   #330
bhkj9999
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlow View Post
Thought I’d add my feedback as well:
1.) installing quizdel was super easy. I didn’t disconnect the battery. Living in the edge. Hardest part was just finding the springs to unclip the airbag. But it was no biggy
2.) followed the post above to code. https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=317
Worked perfect. Thanks!
3.) Enabled to max speed of 100km/hr
4.). IMHO it works just ok. It’s great in slow moving 10-45mph traffic. In stop n go, not that impressed. A few reasons…after your stopped you need to actually give it some throttle to get moving again. Secondly it doesn’t do a great job of managing cars crossing over lanes and merging. One car slowly moved across into my lane at say 5mph then came to a stop. Their car was still at and angle in the lane, the TJA kept slowly creeping up to the car. I would’ve hit it if I didn’t give it some brake.
5. Speed wise up to 100kmh seems fine. The bigger issue is lane lines and the car in front. If the lane lines aren’t marked great or the car in front starts to drift, the tja will cause the car to drift as well. And it’s not great at correcting. One time almost followed a car over the shoulder lane line and into a ditch. Guy was obviously on his phone so I just wanted to see how my car reacted.
6.) having it set higher is actually a little annoying. If your in just a little bit of traffic going 55-75mph it floats in and out of the traffic jam assist. Not a huge deal just kinda of annoying.

All in all it’s kinda nice to have but if I didn’t have it, wouldn’t care all that much.
Agree on "after your stopped you need to actually give it some throttle to get moving again" paragraph. that's a bit annoying. Actually, the car definitely knows the car in front of it is moving since the distance indicator starts flashing to tell you to give some throttle.

FYI, I used Bimmercode to do all the coding work, and the "TJA" works. The app seems to be much more robust compared to the one several years ago.

My recent experience on this is which let me think the best scenario for TJA is there's a lot of traffic in which the traffic flow will not cause a complete stop, but slowly move.

https://youtu.be/HITAk-AZnsY
Appreciate 0