09-20-2016, 05:22 PM   #23
AlexLou1222
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X6M 2014 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood07 View Post
I probably live in the hottest place out of everyone (120F in summer and feels like 150F with the humidity), and I don't think the AC is that weak. It's no lexus, but trust me it's better than lots of cars.

At first I had the same problem as everyone, and thought the AC was weak. But you have to switch off the Rear AC to cool down in the front. Plus, I think the issue is not with the AC, but somehow heat enters the cabin and hangs around in the top portion of the interior. I also notice when I take hard turns that this hot air moves around the cabin.

So on really hot days I drive a bit with the sunroof and windows open to let this hot air escape, then the AC does fine.

I compared my AC with our new Range Rover and a G-class back to back, and the X5 is much better. My E92 M3 has a much better AC though, but that's probably because its a small cabin.
Agree with you, I always feel the top portion of the interior is hotter, like way hotter. Maybe I should try your method.

BTW, the cooling seat does nothing, you can hear the blower, but it's not cool at all.
      09-21-2016, 03:27 AM   #24
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLou1222 View Post
Agree with you, I always feel the top portion of the interior is hotter, like way hotter. Maybe I should try your method.

BTW, the cooling seat does nothing, you can hear the blower, but it's not cool at all.
I agree the seat ventilation is so weak. I only feel the air if my back is really sweaty, then i get a bit of a cooling sensation. I also think it works better when the rear AC is off in the car and the front AC is not on max setting.
///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 12:45 AM   #25
dds007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95, F97, F85, F82

20% tint all around and 70% tint on the windshield works great for me.
      09-23-2016, 09:21 AM   #26
atxgt3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 E92, 17 X5M, 15 Huracan

I love how the fan speed on the ventilated seats automatically goes down from 3 to 2 after a while, as if they're thinking "your back and ass must be freezing right now, only a crazy person would leave it on this intensity for so long so let's go ahead and adjust it down for you. You're welcome.".
Appreciate 0