BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5M (F85) and X6M (F86) Forum

02-21-2017, 04:39 PM   #1
NikonMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M Azurite on Nutmeg

Anyone use the Carly Pro (OBD-2 to wireless to phone)?

Looks interesting - standard OBD data, custom dashboards, reports, lap timers, even coding ... app lives on your phone and requires a wireless OBD port adapter (which they also sell)...

Look like a German company ....

http://mycarly.com/product/bmw-app/
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 01:18 AM   #2
AylinNett
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d

I've seen it in German TV, but I wouldn't do any coding or data grap via wireless. If you loose connection while coding it could damage your ECU.

How often do you need something like this? You don't change every week your battery. Car health is already monitored, if something is wrong your iDrive will throw a message. X5M isn't a diesel so no check of particual filter needed. Service reset on a X5M -> never.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 10:18 AM   #3
mgaciah
Private
Rep
Drives: F23 cabrio, F85 X5M

I have that one years ago, worked fine, but very limited on F Chassis series, if you want to check for gauges and other interesting info from your car you can go with Enginelink app (which is free and nicer interface), and by the way can utilize any OBDC to WIFI adapter, I tested this one on E and F series and worked great on my previous E70 I could check temp and other hidden data, Carly requires its own adapter to take advantage from their programming app.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0